Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

i should have said a kawa dealer "near" BKK jap.gif phuket would be a long journey

Fly down, ride back! The coastal road through Ranong is stunning! You'll be ready for first service by the time you get back to Bangkok :)

Chiang Mai as alternative. Probably just as far?! I see an ER-6n in the showroom there, passing by every day. They even have a Versys since last month or so. Tony knows the nice routes from CM to BKK, I have only done it by car and over the - boring - main highway (which isn't really a highway but anyway).

Due theres a long weekend ahead i am really thinking about doing that. Which route is more nice? Maybe someone have google maps routes. Thanks!

If i am doing it maybe someone will join me at least partially.....

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i should have said a kawa dealer "near" BKK jap.gif phuket would be a long journey

Fly down, ride back! The coastal road through Ranong is stunning! You'll be ready for first service by the time you get back to Bangkok :)

Chiang Mai as alternative. Probably just as far?! I see an ER-6n in the showroom there, passing by every day. They even have a Versys since last month or so. Tony knows the nice routes from CM to BKK, I have only done it by car and over the - boring - main highway (which isn't really a highway but anyway).

Due theres a long weekend ahead i am really thinking about doing that. Which route is more nice? Maybe someone have google maps routes. Thanks!

you can transfer the money for purchase to me, and I ride it Phuket-Hua Hin for you :D

The direct route from CM to BKK is rather boring, with lots of trucks and the road is in really rough shape in a number of areas between Tak and Kampaeng Phet.

In contrast, if you head a little bit East on Highway 11 you are rewarded by some fantastic roads in good repair and light traffic:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Chang+Lor+Rd&daddr=Route+11%2FAH13+to:16.26858,100.60445+to:Route+11+to:Vibhavadi+Rangsit+Rd%2FRoute+31&hl=en&ll=15.570128,103.249512&spn=8.554217,16.907959&sll=13.911529,100.597939&sspn=0.002106,0.004128&geocode=FfyTHgEdZmfmBQ%3BFRwsEgEdKuL2BQ%3BFSQ9-AAdIhr_BSmPj1nR4__fMDEQUq-PVPsEEw%3BFSmr5QAdUgP7BQ%3BFQdH1AAdFv3-BQ&mra=mi&mrsp=4&sz=19&via=2&z=7

Highway 11 has some fantastic twisties between Lamphun and Den Chai-

Once you reach Pitsanulok it's pretty much all straight roads to Bangkok, but at least Highway 11 is in good repair, has little traffic and is fairly scenic-

120910TakFaVersysSm.jpg

This is the way I usually go if I want to blast to CM in a day. If you have more than a day you could head further east and enjoy the fantastic roads in Nan or Loei or Petchabun!

Ride On!

Tony

Have you tried Kawa Pattaya?

They always have some new ones I believe. Either in the showroom or in the back.

NormanW most probably could tell you. He lives in the area.

Anyone knows a kawa dealer which have a er6n on stock to go? The 2 dealers in BKK have a delivery time of 1 month annoyed.gif

If you are in Phuket, you two best shots are

Harley shop on bypassroad

kawasaki in town

any point in having a 1st class Insurance, it must cover new parts to replace damaged parts. most do not

edit, ad triumph in town

and ducati on chao fa west close to Shell, Anuphas/Honda cars

I've made a few changes to my bike since I last posted.

I've added my TomTom satnav from England onto the tank.cool.gif

Taken off the bottom plastic undertray.biggrin.gif

Bought another set of mirrors for another 600 baht. Looks better now but they do suffer a lot from vibration sad.gif

Blacked out the top of the front forks 200 baht.smile.gif

Put on a Rosso on the rear and a Rosso II on the front - pleased with both on and off the track - more hard wearing than the Supercorsas but not as grippy.jap.gif

Replaced the front two side lights with green ones again as the others go yellow after a while.wink.gif

Oh yes, I've changed the oil and filter again.laugh.gif

It's now done 31k kms.

I need to change those rear sets to clean up the back end and swing arm area.bah.gif

Keep those good times rolling rolleyes.gif

Will attach pic later - tinternet probs at the mo sad.gif

NormanW if i recall right you are located in PTY? If so how is the service of Mityon BigBike? I may buy the ER6N there on Friday rolleyes.gif

Sorry I am not NormanW but the service is bad.

I have my (many) reasons. :realangry:

Well, yes the service is not the best and you do have to keep your eye on them if they are doing anything to your bike.

Khun Narm, the mechanic before was OK as he knew his stuff but he has now been replaced by khun Off who is on a learning curve.

Buying there is the same as anywhere really.

if you can do your own bits and pieces then that is the way to go.

Let us know how you get on - although isn't Friday a holiday because of the Queen's birthday????????????jap.gif

And the sat nav on using a cigar lighter extension from BigC jap.gif

You can see the OI (on/off switch under the seat also, and the charger for the sat nav plugged in wink.gif

The cable runs along side the tank and up out the front into the base unit which is stuck on over the 91 fuel sticker in front of the petrol cap.

Doctor NormanW

Keep it real man!!!........You bin spendin again??? Hahaha.

Meancatdaddy.

sexy white one you are having there laugh.gif planning to go white as well.

One general question, is it possible to adjust the level of the standard brake and clutch levers (rearset)? Thanks