Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Just finished building a new ER6n track bike for a friend- here she is all finished, just waiting for a new rear brake line as the shop I usually use ran out of fittings.

BriansER6nComplete.jpg

I stripped the bike and removed all lights, signals, most bodywork, and the ABS lines, sensors and pump unit. I left the ABS wiring harness in place should the owner ever wish to re-install the ABS.

Steel swingarm has been upgraded to lighter and stronger Aluminum Versys swingarm. Had the new needle bearings and ball bearing pressed into the swingarm by Kawasaki. Other new parts required for the swap include circlip, spacers, collars, oil seals, a new swing arm shaft, chain adjusters with nuts and bolts, chain guard and a new D.I.D chain.

Stock shock replaced with height adjustable YSS shock with progressive spring adjustable for preload and damping

Front end dropped 300mm and stock handlebars replaced with adjustable Aluminum clip on bars.

Brake upgrades: Spiegler Performance Steel Brake Lines and EBC HH Sintered Pads.

Replaced stock exhaust with TWO BROTHERS RACING Carbon Fiber Slip On

Installed PowerCommander V Fuel Injection Controller + Autotune Wide Band O2 Sensor

Removed airbox baffles and plugged the "PAIR valve" clean air emissions system.

Removed all pollution control canisters and evap charcoal box.

Removed stock steel stays and replaced with Billet Aluminum Adjustable Race Rearsets

TWO BROTHERS Racing Carbon Fiber Exhaust

Power Commander V + Autotune

Billet Aluminum Adjustable Race Rearsets

Spiegler Performance Steel Brake Lines

EBC HH Sintered Brake Pads

Billet Aluminum Clip On Bars

Versys Swingarm + parts

D.I.D. 520 Chain

YSS Versys Rear Shock

Pirelli Diablo Superbike SC2

BriansER6nComplete1.jpg

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony :jap:

Notice any gains from plugging the PAIR? ...I don't know about the ER6N, but on the CBR 150 there's two vacuum tubes leading from the intake port, one operates the fuel valve and the other operates the PAIR. Theoretically plugging these two vacuum lines should increase intake vacuum and increase fuel intake - on a carbed bike. Maybe on a FI bike as well?

Does the ER6N also use vacuum taken off the intake port to operate the PAIR?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just finished building a new ER6n track bike for a friend- here she is all finished, just waiting for a new rear brake line as the shop I usually use ran out of fittings.

BriansER6nComplete.jpg

I stripped the bike and removed all lights, signals, most bodywork, and the ABS lines, sensors and pump unit. I left the ABS wiring harness in place should the owner ever wish to re-install the ABS.

Steel swingarm has been upgraded to lighter and stronger Aluminum Versys swingarm. Had the new needle bearings and ball bearing pressed into the swingarm by Kawasaki. Other new parts required for the swap include circlip, spacers, collars, oil seals, a new swing arm shaft, chain adjusters with nuts and bolts, chain guard and a new D.I.D chain.

Stock shock replaced with height adjustable YSS shock with progressive spring adjustable for preload and damping

Front end dropped 300mm and stock handlebars replaced with adjustable Aluminum clip on bars.

Brake upgrades: Spiegler Performance Steel Brake Lines and EBC HH Sintered Pads.

Replaced stock exhaust with TWO BROTHERS RACING Carbon Fiber Slip On

Installed PowerCommander V Fuel Injection Controller + Autotune Wide Band O2 Sensor

Removed airbox baffles and plugged the "PAIR valve" clean air emissions system.

Removed all pollution control canisters and evap charcoal box.

Removed stock steel stays and replaced with Billet Aluminum Adjustable Race Rearsets

TWO BROTHERS Racing Carbon Fiber Exhaust

Power Commander V + Autotune

Billet Aluminum Adjustable Race Rearsets

Spiegler Performance Steel Brake Lines

EBC HH Sintered Brake Pads

Billet Aluminum Clip On Bars

Versys Swingarm + parts

D.I.D. 520 Chain

YSS Versys Rear Shock

Pirelli Diablo Superbike SC2

BriansER6nComplete1.jpg

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony :jap:

Notice any gains from plugging the PAIR? ...I don't know about the ER6N, but on the CBR 150 there's two vacuum tubes leading from the intake port, one operates the fuel valve and the other operates the PAIR. Theoretically plugging these two vacuum lines should increase intake vacuum and increase fuel intake - on a carbed bike. Maybe on a FI bike as well?

Does the ER6N also use vacuum taken off the intake port to operate the PAIR?

PAIR Valve is operated by electric relay, not vacuum switch. The PAIR valve is an emissions device designed to introduce air from the airbox into the exhaust manifold to increase the efficiency of the catalytic converter. It has no effect on performance.

If stock exhaust has been replaced with aftermarket there is no longer a catalytic converter so the PAIR valve no longer serves any purpose. It will continue to put air into the exhaust which will increase the amount of afterfire. Afterfire will not damage engine or exhaust. (Well, I have seen some glass pack mufflers lose their packing as a result of excessive afterfire, but that's not an issue for most pipes).

Ride On!

Tony

Cool thanks for the info, the CBR 150 PAIR injects air into the exhaust port, but the air is taken from a secondary air filter canister and fed through the PAIR check valve (reed valve) located on the cylinder head. The check valve also stops reverse air flow, so i may have to throw a metal plate in there to stop the reed from moving.

The CBR uses a PAIR control valve during engine deceleration to cut off the supply of air to control afterburn.

Different designs but same purpose, im plugging mine just to see what happens, there's a lot of unneccesary vacuum going on with the Honda design.

• 2 weeks later...
Currently I believe that somebody in Kawasaki has revised its ideas about the motorcycle market in Thailand, Kawasaki will not introduce any larger models at this point, next revue is up in 6 months.

Well, hopefully Richard is blowing smoke again, but TiT, so who knows. He never tells us who he works for, but IMHO sometimes I really think his posts are more manipulative/biased than factual...

I'm still having a blast on the little Ninja 250R and can wait (impatiently) for the ER-6, so it's all good! :o

Well that one just blew me off the chair.... IMHO sometimes I really think his posts are more manipulative/biased than factual.

This coming from you, my god... who put the H the Y the P the O the C the R the I the T and the E in HYPOCRITE.... BigBikeBKK you are one piece of work that is for sure.

Currently I believe that somebody in Kawasaki has revised its ideas about the motorcycle market in Thailand, Kawasaki will not introduce any larger models at this point, next revue is up in 6 months.

Well, hopefully Richard is blowing smoke again, but TiT, so who knows. He never tells us who he works for, but IMHO sometimes I really think his posts are more manipulative/biased than factual...

I'm still having a blast on the little Ninja 250R and can wait (impatiently) for the ER-6, so it's all good! :o

Well that one just blew me off the chair.... IMHO sometimes I really think his posts are more manipulative/biased than factual.

This coming from you, my god... who put the H the Y the P the O the C the R the I the T and the E in HYPOCRITE.... BigBikeBKK you are one piece of work that is for sure.

UMMM.. Monty. methinks you should hang around a bit more... Richard-bkk supposedly works within the motorcycle industry about 2 years ago his posting went from being mildly informative to outright ridiculous. And more advertising for the Chinese companies that pay him for web product placement.

BBBKK can be sarcastic, mildly annoying BUT i would go and have a beer and a ride with him any day. And most of his info is for real (unless he's talking about the Honda Cbr250® then he's just an arsebiggrin.gif

UMMM.. Monty. methinks you should hang around a bit more... Richard-bkk supposedly works within the motorcycle industry about 2 years ago his posting went from being mildly informative to outright ridiculous. And more advertising for the Chinese companies that pay him for web product placement.

BBBKK can be sarcastic, mildly annoying BUT i would go and have a beer and a ride with him any day. And most of his info is for real (unless he's talking about the Honda Cbr250® then he's just an arsebiggrin.gif

Ok point and advice taken. Cheers and thanks

As per 12drinkmore's very first post - next month will see the new 3rd generation er6n for around 280k in Canary yellow, slime green, black and white.

Let's see eh?

I will probably just change the front and rear ends to keep mine fresh.

Still got 31k kms on it though and yes, I changed the oil again yesterday hehe.laugh.gif

Can't beat fresh, delicious oil inside!!!

Keep those good times rolling. jap.gif

post-52293-0-89337500-1319689798_thumb.j

i think the 09/10/11 model still looks fine, just the headlight improved on the new model don't like the fat tank and slim tail much on it. But the technically improvements are quite interesting thou.

Norman hows the Ohlins rear shock? Thinking of getting a YSS for mine; any thoughts?

Thanks!

i think the 09/10/11 model still looks fine, just the headlight improved on the new model don't like the fat tank and slim tail much on it. But the technically improvements are quite interesting thou.

Norman hows the Ohlins rear shock? Thinking of getting a YSS for mine; any thoughts?

Thanks!

The Ohlins, as you would expect for 30k is superb!

The YSS is cheaper but still better than the standard affair.

Ohlins is number 1.

If its 280K THB for the ER6n I'm sure a lot might upgrade to the Ducati 795 at 399K THB

120 000 baht difference is a lot man!

It will put off the majority I think, in this price range.

Trading in your er or Vespa????biggrin.gif

Thanks!

The Ohlins, as you would expect for 30k is superb!

The YSS is cheaper but still better than the standard affair.

Ohlins is number 1.

Yes I agree, Ohlins is THE BEST! :P

I guess I missed something - who said 280k? That seems steep, doubt they'll increase by that much...

US price for the 2012 ninja is $7,500 + Versys is $7,900 so 270k for the Ninja and maybe 260k for the ER-6n would make more sense.... if the ER-6n was 280k and the Versys 285, what would the Ninja cost? The redesigned and presumably better ER-6n and Ninja are going to cost more than before, but not that much more...

BTW Ninja 650 website is up here http://ninjastreet.kawasaki.com/Ninja650Details/

I was told to expect the ER6F to come in at around the 280k mark, which is fine by me and i'm excited to take delivery some time soon.

I highly doubt the ER6N would cost 280k, as that would mean that the 'F' model would cost 300k - 310k :S

If its 280K THB for the ER6n I'm sure a lot might upgrade to the Ducati 795 at 399K THB

120 000 baht difference is a lot man!

It will put off the majority I think, in this price range.

Trading in your er or Vespa????biggrin.gif

I'm selling the er6 as soon as I can arrange it. Couldn't sell the Vespa, too new.

I was told to expect the ER6F to come in at around the 280k mark, which is fine by me and i'm excited to take delivery some time soon.

I highly doubt the ER6N would cost 280k, as that would mean that the 'F' model would cost 300k - 310k :S

I suspect there's a bit of profit-taking going on at Kawa - new models are a good reason to raise the price a bit more than necessary, or maybe even a lot. They're still way cheaper than any other big bikes in Thailand after all.

In the UK, the new model ER-6n costs GBP 50 more than the previous... 2,500 odd... anything above 250 is going to be just extra money for Kawa Thailand... :whistling:

Just been to Kawasaki Mitiyon Pattaya to see my friends there.

I decided to order a new 2012 Yellow er6n.

Should be around 250k.

Part ex mine plus some cash.

Take delivery on the 20th Nov.

Keep those good times rolling in Yellow which will match my slime green leathers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jap.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Wow congrats!!! And yeah 250 makes sense :)

Kawasaki told me that Thailand will only get black or white colours so I plumbed for the white.rolleyes.gif

Today they told me it will be in their showroom (Pattaya) on 30th now.mad.gif

p.s. I've got some brand new parts for sale if you are interested?wink.gif

Here they are.

P.M. for details.

NormanW

Keep those good times rolling.jap.gif

post-52293-0-98271100-1321720167_thumb.j

post-52293-0-20297800-1321720184_thumb.j

Wow congrats!!! And yeah 250 makes sense :)

Kawasaki told me that Thailand will only get black or white colours so I plumbed for the white.rolleyes.gif

Today they told me it will be in their showroom (Pattaya) on 30th now.mad.gif

p.s. I've got some brand new parts for sale if you are interested?wink.gif

Here they are.

P.M. for details.

NormanW

Keep those good times rolling.jap.gif

Congrats on the new bike!

You never got around to installing those green inserts?

What's with the new brake lever and master cylinder assembly? Did you upgrade the original?

And those other bagged parts are what? Axles? As they're still in original packaging you should be able to return them if you held on to the receipt.

Chances are the axles will fit the new model and I wouldn't be surprised if the master cylinder assembly is the same too.

Looking forward to seeing your new ride!

Congrats again!

T

What's with the new brake lever and master cylinder assembly? Did you upgrade the original?

And those other bagged parts are what? Axles? As they're still in original packaging you should be able to return them if you held on to the receipt.

Chances are the axles will fit the new model and I wouldn't be surprised if the master cylinder assembly is the same too.

Congrats again!

T

Cheers mate, no they wouldn't take them back. Didn't even take them out the packets!! Unreal.

You know what I'm like for keeping things clean, I was going to replace them to keep the bike looking tip top.

Arhhhh!!!

7K baht wasted???????

That could go towards the new bike man.

Disappointed sad.gif

Yeh, I got the inserts in a long time ago, won't need them with the new bike which has a different design on the rear grab handles which will be straight off together with that plastic cliff hanging over the back tyre!!!

hehe.

Congrats again!

T

Cheers mate, no they wouldn't take them back. Didn't even take them out the packets!! Unreal.

You know what I'm like for keeping things clean, I was going to replace them to keep the bike looking tip top.

Arhhhh!!!

7K baht wasted???????

That could go towards the new bike man.

Disappointed sad.gif

Yeh, I got the inserts in a long time ago, won't need them with the new bike which has a different design on the rear grab handles which will be straight off together with that plastic cliff hanging over the back tyre!!!

hehe.

just curios and to lazy to check myself, is the master cylinder and lever made by NISSIN Thailand or NISSIN Japan?

the covers are just a couple of hundred baht, just got a pair for my 2011post-81971-0-36695800-1321791002_thumb.j