Kawasaki Ninja 250 - New Thread, 12/2008

PeaceBlondie

How about you putting a vid on YouTube???

Would love to but I sold my Ninja 250R and bought a Yamaha FZ6 so it would have to be with that bike then, think JimsKnight got me on the rear wheel out of redlight on his vdo files with the fizzer. However I found this very helpful movie on youtube for anyone who want give it a try, that one explains pretty straightforward how to do it.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yes as I remember someone earlier was complaining about to soft forks, you can buy new ones here

http://old.racetech.com/evalving/english/S...angname=english

and if you click on Custom Fork and Rear Shock Spring Calculation and Available Rates or this link http://old.racetech.com/evalving/SpringRat...&bikeid=268

You can enter your body weight and get the springs you need, there not that expensive either.

Cheers Bard

I had come across this before; quite sad that my weight means I would need to double the spring weight (essentially). The crazy thing is, per that calculator, the best weight for stock springs is less than 15kg!

I get 0.709 kg/mm for my body weight for street, so I guess I would go for 0.8 springs, on my fizzer I get 0.95 as best balance for Street and Track. Where did you get 15 kg from?

Right now i am completely lost what sprockets do i need to get less vibration and revs but still nippy acceleration? Top speed is not really an issue as i have bigger cruising bikes which are hard work for nipping around on.

Advice to a none oily hander please :o

Change to 150/70-17 rear tire first and get the feel for that, the Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa I bought were so much lighter than stock tires they did nothing to decrease power to the road really but really calmed down the bike a lot. Also every little grain in the road is not felt anymore, as the stock plastic tires do.

Change to 150/70-17 rear tire first and get the feel for that, the Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa I bought were so much lighter than stock tires they did nothing to decrease power to the road really but really calmed down the bike a lot. Also every little grain in the road is not felt anymore, as the stock plastic tires do.

While I never really had any problems with the IRC Roadwinners on my Ninja 250R I know a lot of guys hate them, and upgrading to better rubber is a cheap and worthwhile mod.

I had more problems with spins and slides on the Dunlop Sportmax's on my ER6n than I ever did with the IRC's on the Ninja.

I can't believe how much better my ER6n sticks to the road now that she's wearing Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro's

040709ER6nSm.jpg

040709ER6n2Sm.jpg

The Pirellis are WAY better tires than the Dunlops! :o

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Would love to but I sold my Ninja 250R and bought a Yamaha FZ6 so it would have to be with that bike then, think JimsKnight got me on the rear wheel out of redlight on his vdo files with the fizzer. However I found this very helpful movie on youtube for anyone who want give it a try, that one explains pretty straightforward how to do it.

Thanks, I doubt if I will ever be able to do a 2 mile wheelie and talk at the same time.

My feeble attempts have been with gritted teeth and "feeeeeerk" is all I can squeeze out.

:o:D :D :D

So Tony. Think HOW waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better the Ninjette would have been with different tyres :o:D:D:D:D:wai::P

Well, my little Ninja never slid on the IRC's the way my ER6 did on the Dunlops... I found the IRC's plenty sticky on dry pavement once they were warmed up, but they did suck on the wet... I was able to ride the IRC's edge to edge no problem and the IRC's certainly lasted longer than the Dunlops... Anyway, the Pirellis are the bomb! Lovin' em!

Good to hear as that's what the new Sachs bike uses for tyres. so i know i will have to get them warm on my test ride :o

^ I don't know anything about the Sachs. Does the Sachs wear IRC Roadwinners like the Ninja 250R, or the cheaper, crappier IRC's that come with the CBR 150? Totally different tires...

Well in my opinion the IRC on the Ninja sucked, donno how many slides I had on them teflon tires before I changed to Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa. Now being 150 tire you would expect it to be heavier than the skinny 130's but hel_l no the Pirellis were 2/3 of the weight of the IRC shit. And the bike really felt glued to the pavement after. Maybe I ran the IRC with wrong pressure, I lowered the pressure after I tested them on the track and that finally heated up those tires so they gripped better, but still considerable less than the Pirellis.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up selling my Ninjette before I had a chance to gut the stock can and make it into a glass pack.

There's another guy named Ninja Gladiator who I haven't seen on the forum in ages, but he did the mod to his Ninjette and seemed happy with it.

There's no doubt the stock exhaust on the Ninjette is very heavy and extremely restricted. Opening it up will cut weight give you a 2-3 hp gain. There's a guy in the US that confirmed the gain with a dyno run. Detailed info is on one of the Ninja 250 forums- sorry, I can't remember which one but that's where I got these pictures...

shortie_exhaust.jpg

shotieExhaust006.jpg

shotieExhaust003.jpg

etc.

Go for it! If you don't like the mod a new stock pipe from Kawasaki will probably only set you back a couple of thousand Baht.

Happy Trails!

Tony

I ended up selling my Ninjette before I had a chance to gut the stock can and make it into a glass pack.

There's another guy named Ninja Gladiator who I haven't seen on the forum in ages, but he did the mod to his Ninjette and seemed happy with it.

There's no doubt the stock exhaust on the Ninjette is very heavy and extremely restricted. Opening it up will cut weight give you a 2-3 hp gain. There's a guy in the US that confirmed the gain with a dyno run. Detailed info is on one of the Ninja 250 forums- sorry, I can't remember which one but that's where I got these pictures...

shortie_exhaust.jpg

shotieExhaust006.jpg

shotieExhaust003.jpg

etc.

Go for it! If you don't like the mod a new stock pipe from Kawasaki will probably only set you back a couple of thousand Baht.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hey Tony, it was you that posted that! I will need to come up with more than 2-3 hp more to keep up with your bike though. :o Make sure you don't damage my new bike :D before you sell to me, cuz when you get the faired version, I'll be waiting... In the mean time though I am looking to get some fire out of the ninja some how. Any other insight?

^ LOL :o

Ok man- I'll take extra special care of your future ER6n :D Will you be wanting it with the stock exhaust or the thunderous TWO BROS? :D

I think I'll be asking about ~190,000 Baht with stock exhaust, or 200,000 Baht with the TWO BROS. She'll come with the balance of 2 year Kwacker warranty, full sliders all around, and she'll be wearing Pirelli Supercorsa Pros or Diablos which are absolutely fantastic!

As for getting more zip out of the Ninja 250R, have you pulled the snorkel yet? That seems to help her breath a little better. Modding the exhaust is probably the easiest way to add power and cut weight. After that you can add a Power Commander to optimize your fuel mapping. Some guys like to play around with the gearing by dropping or adding teeth, depending on what effect you're looking for. Of course, always keep your revs above 8000, because that's where the little Ninja comes alive. If I remember right she peaks somewhere between 9000-10000 RPM so that's your sweet spot. Upgrading to better tires won't give you more power but they will give you better handling and traction than the stock IRC's. The little Ninja is wicked fun on the twisty roads up north; just make sure you travel light and don't carry a passenger.

Happy Trails!

Tony

120808Rt1148MoiSm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Wow, this thread has died.....everyone upgrade to the ER-6N?

Been busy looking at youtube and checking out the great report the Ninja 250r has been getting. Working in Hong Kong at moment and only dreaming of getting back to Thailand for a blast - Oh! and see the wife and daughter

Edited by Weeble

Yup! What are you waiting for?! :D:D:)

Happy Trails!

Tony

I'm poor man too mutt (peng mak-mak er-6n). Plus it doesn't have a wing on the tank. :D

Been busy looking at youtube and checking out the great report the Ninja 250r has been getting. Working in Hong Kong at moment and only dreaming of getting back to Thailand for a blast - Oh! and see the wife and daughter

Ok, than we're in the same boat....

Perchance does anybody know the stock of Ninja 250s in BKK? (i.e. what the current waiting list is like?)

Can't answer that, but Nakhon Sawan has them in stock; would make for a perfect weekend. Get a bus up to Nakhon Sawan, purchase the bike, and then break it in on the ride back to BKK. If I could recommend staying on route 1 until it branches from route 32, staying on 1 until Chainat, making the left, going then the right onto 311. Follow 311 down along the river (it changes into the 309) until Ang Thong. Right before Ayutthaya you turn right onto 347 and ride that into Bangkok. 347 actually goes through to just east of Pathum Thani (it T-bones into 346). Unfortunately you're on your own for directions from there.

All in all, a leisurely 225 km (or so) trip that takes you on some decent winding roads. Great way to start breaking in your motorcycle.

Here's a map....

Perchance does anybody know the stock of Ninja 250s in BKK? (i.e. what the current waiting list is like?)

Last I checked the Ninja 250R is in stock at the Rama 9 Kawasaki showroom. You can give them a call to double check-

Kawasaki Motors Enterprise (Thailand) Co.,Ltd.

129 Rama 9 Road., Kwaeng Huay-Kwang , Khet Huay-Kwang , Bangkok 10310 Thailand.

Tel : +66-2247 7935-38

Happy Trails!

Dave_boo....that would be an awesome ride!! :) Unfortunately work keeps me from realistically doing so....I do feel a sick day coming on though hehe!! (J/k)

Tony, thanks for the info, I'm gonna see what they've got!

Went in last Wednesday armed with my work permit, passport and visa card and was on the road back down to Hua Hin in less than an hour - I think they've got a readyish supply of the Ninjas.

Stock tyres - I thought they performed quite well on corners and the wet - are the original tyres a real safety hazard I do not ride like Valentino Rossi.

Lovely looking bike alot more aethesitically pleasing than the ER650 N - but arse ache galore after 250kms.

Any advice gratefully received

Cheers

Went in last Wednesday armed with my work permit, passport and visa card and was on the road back down to Hua Hin in less than an hour - I think they've got a readyish supply of the Ninjas.

Stock tyres - I thought they performed quite well on corners and the wet - are the original tyres a real safety hazard I do not ride like Valentino Rossi.

Lovely looking bike alot more aethesitically pleasing than the ER650 N - but arse ache galore after 250kms.

Any advice gratefully received

Cheers

One more thing - As I bought the bike outright I didn't receive any plates - just got to go back in 2 weeks - Do the Kwacker garage fit the plates for you?

I should have hit 1000 Km by next week including the ride upto BKK, does anyone know if they will do the first service at the same time or do you have to book it in separately?

I would call them but they don't seem to speak English very well

Cheers

I read earlier in this thread a quoted time for 0-100km/h for the Ninja 250 of 7.6 seconds. Isn't this slow for a bike ?

My 2 litre Nissan 200SX did the same in 6.5 seconds, Subaru WRX slightly faster.