Thailand To Be Hit Worst In Asia By Slowdown

Most export-oriented economies like Thailand are definitely going to take (are taking) a beating. Government spending/stimulus plans will help ease the pain the little, but significantly higher unemployment and lower consumer spending is going to make 2009 a year of economic pain for "everyone."

Most export-oriented economies like Thailand are definitely going to take (are taking) a beating. Government spending/stimulus plans will help ease the pain the little, but significantly higher unemployment and lower consumer spending is going to make 2009 a year of economic pain for "everyone."

And will the plans ever reach fruition anyway? Ease the pain a little- emphasis on little!

On one of the US Sunday talking head shows a commentator make an interesting statement. He said one of the few bright sides (for Americans) about the economic meltdown is how successful the US has been in "exporting" the crisis. In other words, the entire world will share the pain, not only the root US source.

Edited by Jingthing

bit unfair monysboy, the UK has been battered for the last year because it is one the major financial institutions. It ain't unfair when it someone elses turn

Don't get me wrong I'm a Brit through and through and think it's a bit of a laugh that despite early forecasts it looks like others will get the worst of it.

I was just pointing out the irony of it that was all, as the problem was clearly caused by the US, and UK.

bit unfair monysboy, the UK has been battered for the last year because it is one the major financial institutions. It ain't unfair when it someone elses turn

Don't get me wrong I'm a Brit through and through and think it's a bit of a laugh that despite early forecasts it looks like others will get the worst of it.

I was just pointing out the irony of it that was all, as the problem was clearly caused by the US, and UK.

I have been saying for some time that the UK and the US have been taking a pounding early on but have the financial wherewithal to actually come out of this smelling of Roses. The City of London and Wall street have a huge amount of experts who will be doing everything they can to come out on top. With the two most powerful markets effectively holding each other up i expect it will be the non financial markets ( ie the makers and does ) who will be hurt the worst in the long term.