Bangkok Bike Fest 2009

barrybike

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem... those custom choppers look so gay. All that chrome. Urgh!

Here're some proper bikes. :)

Dodgy picture quality with the iphone though...

1098s

IMG_0294.jpg

Highly-modded S4R

IMG_0295.jpg

848's

IMG_0297.jpg

Desmosedici RR

IMG_0298.jpg

Edited by RusticCharm

each to their own, but i don't consider crouch rockets "proper bikes" at least not where i come from,

the American custom is the gold standard, sport bikes are good for racing but that's about it, back breaking to ride, ugly to look at and not even considered "proper" transportation like a basic Honda 250 cc street bike, which is at least comfortable to ride

the Custom chopper style bike originally created from guys literally chopping up military bikes in the late 1950's in America is now approaching an art form, blurring the lines of sculpture, fine art painting, jewelry and mechanics. These bikes built by Jesse James, Roger Bourget, Billy Lane, Rick Fairless (Strokers of Dallas Texas my home town) can sell in the hundreds of thousands of dollars and up

although Harley built the VRod because of the popularity of the sport bike style with teenagers and the juvenile culturally deprived crowd, they did not want to miss out on the money they could make from this market...

CRW_7113qk.jpg

CRW_7209ub.jpg

IMG_5075.JPG

Harper2.jpg

paulzilla.jpg

Edited by Rainmon

each to their own, but i don't consider crouch rockets "proper bikes" at least not where i come from
Well, opinions vary!
the American custom is the gold standard, sport bikes are good for racing but that's about it, back breaking to ride, ugly to look at and not even considered "proper" transportation like a basic Honda 250 cc street bike, which is at least comfortable to ride
The bikes pictured in your post don't look all that comfortable either.

Anyway, back to the festival.

Here's one of the Ducati group's bikes. That's Gus's (netfan) bike at the front. Paradorn turned up at Ducati on Thonglor riding an M900 (wearing flip-flops and no helmet!) but didn't ride with us. Somehow a BMW and a Suzuki manged to sneak in.

IMG_0293.jpg

Dallas Texas my home town
Btw, only two things come from Texas.

Steers and queers! :)

Edited by RusticCharm

^ Bloody hel_l- you say sport bikes are uncomfortable to ride (which is totally false) and then you show us those hideous death machines all painted up in fairy colors... (Before you get your panties in a twist I actually do like proper choppers fwiw)

But then again, we all know why it's so windy in New Mexico- cuz Arizona blows and Texas SUCKS! :D:D:)

Anyway, back to the festival.

Here's one of the Ducati group's bikes. That's Gus's (netfan) bike at the front. Paradorn turned up at Ducati on Thonglor riding an M900 (wearing flip-flops and no helmet!) but didn't ride with us. Somehow a BMW and a Suzuki manged to sneak in.

IMG_0293.jpg

Some sweet looking bikes in the pics!! I like the F800 BMW personally, but you cant go wrong with the Ducatis's

nice pics guys...rainmon, god job!

rustic, you desperately need a camera :)

i have to admit...i found the show too spread out and disorganized for my liking. few nice bikes to look at, other than that i thought the show was substandard

I hit the bike show briefly on Saturday evening and after dark there were a lot of nice bikes parked outside and the beer gardens were hopping, but alas, I didn't have a camera with me.

Went back on Sunday with my wife and son-

050309ChopperBabyZm.jpg

He had a great time running around checking out all the shiny bikes and pretty girls icon_biggrin.gif (Sorry, missus was in a foul mood so I didn't snap any of the cuties...)

050309ChopperBaby3Zm.jpg

Some good deals on used Ducatis-

050309Ducs.jpg

Some stunning new ones too-

050309Duc.jpg

050309Duc1098.jpg

Ever hear of the Sachs Madass?! Weird looking bike...

050309SachsSon.jpg

My son had a good time trying on helmets at the PandaRider booth-

050309HelmetBoySm.jpg

I almost bought one of these Marushin helmets, but in the end decided it wasn't a proper fit for my egg shaped head icon_wink.gif

A couple more rockets-

050309KSpeed.jpg

050309R1.jpg

All in all a fun event with some nice bikes and booths and a good balance between sport bikes, choppers and scooters. Hopefully it will be bigger and better next year!

Happy Trails,

Tony

ps. the IDEAS MACHINE was one COOL looking bike!

050309IdeasMachine.jpg

Here're some proper bikes. :)

Dodgy picture quality with the iphone though...

1098s

IMG_0294.jpg

Highly-modded S4R

IMG_0295.jpg

848's

IMG_0297.jpg

Desmosedici RR

IMG_0298.jpg

are you talking about the proper bikes that were parked outside the main area that hardly anyone even bothered to go down that way to look at :D

Thanks for the photos. Pity about the lack of eye candy, though....

But really, are those chrome covered pieces of artwork really rideable motorbikes? They don't look at all comfortable or likely to corner easily.

Surely after one ride they require several litres of chrome polish and about three weeks of cleaning before all the dirt has been removed? I suppose there are bikers and bikers, but I will remain a biker who likes to ride rather than a biker who likes to polish and admire. But there is room for all, provided there are just two wheels....

My modest ER6N is already a pain to keep reasonably clean, this is my first naked bike, and every time I take it out there is at least one puddle or wet patch. Splatch and once again a grimy looking engine. My little Ninja 250 remains cleaner.

are you talking about the proper bikes that were parked outside the main area that hardly anyone even bothered to go down that way to look at :D
Right, right! There's 'hardly anyone' looking at those 848's in the picture above. :)

why llok at the 848 when there's a desmos to be drooled over :D

rustic ur bike is hot....don't shed a tear!

would be great here in the bike section on tv if everyone just talked bikes and events and keep their opinions on other peoples rides to them selves.let all sports bike riders and harley riders get along and quit the stupid comments on each other ...after all this is thailand and every one is supposidly friendly to each other no matter what they ride .......do ye agree

Edited by barrybike