Big Bike With Plate But No Book....

Pdaz

I've inherited a bike via a mate.. It is fully imported and has a plate and insurance/rego but the book has been lost/misplaced. I have a sales receipt ( though the bike was a freebie ) Is there anyway to get a replacement book for the bike and what (if anything) do I need as proof of ownership ? Will the 'invoice' be enough?. I don't really need the bike and will prolly sell it off cheap. If the new book is a pain anybody know which bike shops would be interested in a late model road bike without a book.

Legally I am of the belief that only the current owner as per the book, can reclaim a new book..

Its possible that the current owner might be able to apply for this with forms and not need to be present or show a current passport stamp. I have no idea on that angle.

The second issue is if the current owner isnt around.. Left the country.. Vanished etc.. Is you cant do a book transfer without not only their signatures, but if a farang also a current visa / entry stamp. Making the sale of a vehicle where the farang has gone home impossible. I accept that different regions may be different, but thats the way it is here. I know of a few bikes who now are 'stuck' in someones name and they just hand the book over with the old name for a sale.

That's kinda what I thought.. It's posible to renew the insurance without a book but not the road tax. Guess I can just advertise it as 'invoice' only and sold as seen... Pretty sure somebody will be happy to get a bargain and then sort out their own book for the bike.

Guess some of the bike shops in Pattaya have good enough contacts to get that done.. As I said I'm not intersted in riding/keeping the bike so will sell it on for the best offer I get.

being that this is thailand...no offense...but may just be easier to shoot yourself instead of going through the green book bullshit :D

if you plan to sell it be prepared to get less than market value if you don't have a green book. then again it was a gift so either way your up :o

I'm still hopin Pdaz will tell us what kind of bike it is... :o

Some bikes are quite valuable for parts.

It's a Yam Cruiser of some type.. Not really my type of bike at all.. My mates have all be having a laugh.. ''EEEEErrr Who wants to buy a traaaactor'' Sounds funny with the right yokul accent.. Prolly worth 400k + with the book...