Visa Stamp....

hello all.....

ive got a non `o` visa....that expires on may 5th 05..... im led to believe that if i leave the country before this date...lets say the end april, i will get another 3 months that will take me into july... yes? :o

cheers for any info....

Yes if it is multi entry.  If single entry you have probably already used it.

As usual, lop, you are on the ball.

But to get back to am05's question. If you require any serious answers, you must explain what kind of visa you have (e.g. 12 months multi), where did you get it, what nationality are you, under what circumstances did you apply for it, how long have you been in the country up to now?

I'm not trying to be a pain in the arse here, but the immigration may be!

sorry for lack of info........

yes it is a 12 month multi entry..... im british aged 36.....

got the visa from hull, on the basis that I`d sold my house and had a few quid in the bank.....

Im in the u.k. at the mo, just for a few weeks ... but planning ahead :o

..while ive got your attention... when this visa evenually expires.... will i be ok to apply for a new one (12 month multi ,as before) ..ive still got most of my money in the bank, so if i send a cover letter to hull as i did before....i will be ok? or is this not the done thing???

thanks a lot for any help

You just reminded me of something that happened recently.

I was asked why the Immigration Officers at ................ (if you know me, you know where I mean) were such a pain in the arse. I replied that as far as I'm concerned, and most of the farangs around here, the Immigration Officers at ................ are most helpful. He was complaining that they would not give him his 1 year retirement visa whilst he stood there waiting. I asked if he had all his paperwork in order. "Of course I have," he replied, "Do you think I'm stupid? It's them that are stupid!"

So you have your "confirmation of address" from the embassy? "No"

So you have copies of your bank passbooks and the originals as confirmation? "Yes, well, the copies anyway"

So you have the letter from your bank confirming your account details dated within 7 days of the application? "No"

So, who's the pain in the arse then?

My case rests.

sorry for lack of info........

yes it is a 12 month multi entry..... im british aged 36.....

got the visa from hull, on the basis that I`d sold my house and had a few quid in the bank.....

Im in the u.k. at the mo, just for a few weeks ... but planning ahead    :o

..while ive got your attention... when this visa evenually expires.... will i be ok to apply for a new one (12 month multi ,as before)  ..ive still got most of my money in the bank, so if i send a cover letter to hull as i did before....i will be ok?  or is this not the done thing???

thanks a lot for any help

Believe that it is still possible at Hull but no guarantee what the future holds. If you can meet the investment of 3 million baht you might want to talk with immigration in Bangkok next time you are here and try to use that if you plan to stay here for long periods of time.