Tourist Visas - Moving Back In The Country

Can anyone explain this to me as I'm not to sure... I'm 23 and from UK. Plan to fly into thailand and stay for up to 30 days - so I don't need a visa? Then am going to go to Lao and Vietnam and re-enter Thailand for maybe just over another 30days - whats the best thing to do? I'm confused! Thanks

Can anyone explain this to me as I'm not to sure... I'm 23 and from UK. Plan to fly into thailand and stay for up to 30 days - so I don't need a visa? Then am going to go to Lao and Vietnam and re-enter Thailand for maybe just over another 30days - whats the best thing to do? I'm confused! Thanks

as you said, for up to 30 days you don't need any visa.

you want to stay longer, apply for a tourist visa, easy to get in any thai embassy or consulate around the world, valid for up to 60 days, depending on where you get it, single, double or multiple entry - in some embassies this can be discussed with the staff. :o

If you plan to fly here without onward air reservations within 30 days you may need to have a visa in your passport to board the aircraft as this is the requirement even if not usually enforced by Thai immigration. If that is not a problem you can receive another 30 day entry stamp when you return to Thailand and usually extend that for 10 days at an immigration for a payment of 1,900 baht. Although it might be better to obtain a tourist visa during your travel which will give you 60 days for probably less cost.