Wifi Hotspot System (webbased Or Other)

homeless007

Anybody in Pattaya capable of quoting and installing a functioning Hotspot WIFI system (free & billed) for a Hotel/Restaurant. So far only disappointments with several companies. Any recommendations very much appreciated. Anybody offering their services will be contacted immediately. Please only people that are up to date with technology and can guarantee support and stand behind their installation! Not interested in Zyxel System with Printer, does not work!

Thank you to everybody!

HH. :)

Edited by homeless007

More details required.

If you have an existing broadband internet connection and you just want too offer free/unrestricted wireless connectivity from one hotspot, it's a fairly trivial exercise to plug a single Wi-Fi router in, and configure it.

If you don't yet have an internet connection, and/or you're looking to offer wireless connectivity over a wider area, anything over 2 floors of rooms, or to more than 10-20 simultaneous users - then it's not so trivial. :)

If you want a system to charge/bill guests for access, then we're really out of the trivial zone.

More details required.

If you have an existing broadband internet connection and you just want too offer free/unrestricted wireless connectivity from one hotspot, it's a fairly trivial exercise to plug a single Wi-Fi router in, and configure it.

If you don't yet have an internet connection, and/or you're looking to offer wireless connectivity over a wider area, anything over 2 floors of rooms, or to more than 10-20 simultaneous users - then it's not so trivial. :)

If you want a system to charge/bill guests for access, then we're really out of the trivial zone.

We have existing 5mb Premium Line, Wireless Router, Additional Access Point/Transmitter, Complete Zyxel System with printer and key generator, that we just disconnected, due to constant trouble. With it disconnected the access works fine and fast without interruptions. We need to be able to offer 1 hour/1 week/1 month or similar paid or unpaid, our rest.room customers are free, others paying. Our rooms are in 2/3 buildings that are just about covered with only one access point/transmitter, but we would like to expand to other buildings. We average 10-15 users at the moment but wish to expand if possible. It can be a web based system or local system. Needs to be simple and reliable.

Thank you!

HH.

Why don't you just offer it for free. Always hate when I'm ripped off with some outrageous price for internet access in hotels.

Free for customers! Basic charge for non-customers! We are not a Pattaya charity, but need to pay our bills, staff and more! Feel free to set up free Hotspots for everybody! I can arrange access for you! We are looking for advice on capable companies, not on how to run a business. Thanks.

:) HH

Anybody in Pattaya capable of quoting and installing a functioning Hotspot WIFI system (free & billed) for a Hotel/Restaurant. So far only disappointments with several companies. Any recommendations very much appreciated. Anybody offering their services will be contacted immediately. Please only people that are up to date with technology and can guarantee support and stand behind their installation! Not interested in Zyxel System with Printer, does not work!

Thank you to everybody!

I've worked with several systems, and unfortunately none are hassle free! Every so often it'll go tits up.

If you want to run one, you better educate yourself and make it a DIY project, because if you're going to have to rely on outside support, you'll end up having lots of downtime.

Actually not that hard to do if you have the proper software...

Thank you to everybody!

I've worked with several systems, and unfortunately none are hassle free! Every so often it'll go tits up.

If you want to run one, you better educate yourself and make it a DIY project, because if you're going to have to rely on outside support, you'll end up having lots of downtime.

Hi Monty

Thanks for your answer. Not bad for "slightly retarded"....Hahaha....Agree fully with you and am just reading up on it. Could you possibly point me in the right direction. Any experience with the web-based systems? Any advice helps!

:D Thnak you!

HH.

Edited by homeless007

Why don't you just offer it for free. Always hate when I'm ripped off with some outrageous price for internet access in hotels.

Free for customers! Basic charge for non-customers! We are not a Pattaya charity, but need to pay our bills, staff and more! Feel free to set up free Hotspots for everybody! I can arrange access for you! We are looking for advice on capable companies, not on how to run a business. Thanks.

Uh, not advising you how to run a business, I'd know nothing about that, but I know how to be a customer and I know when I check into a hotel and pay good money for the room it pisses me off to get billed another $25/day for internet access. This kind of money pays for the internet connection to the hotel for a week and most of the profit is eaten up by managing the payment system. Consider it consumer feedback. Try to Google for "Hotel, Pattaya, Free Wifi". If it is already free for guests why bother with non-customers? Just put a password on it and give it to the guest. Or waste a lot of money on a wifi billing system, up to you of course :D

:D to you too.

Edited by Phil Conners

To be honest, its pretty easy, I wired up a 3 floor system in a guest house for a friend of mine, part free, part chargeable service. All you need is the correct cabling to each sender on each floor and a main unit and you are done!

I got any advice I needed from DC computers on 3rd floor, Tukcom...If needed they would set up a service for you, or if you need a "hidden' system, ie put up behind ceilings etc, I suggest you contact Liberty Computers.

(I would say though, I agree with comments, ref making it free for all, I note you dont mind asking for free advice! :D its no extra cost to you, and you would get an increase of laptop users having breakfasts coffee and goodwill etc, you could always put a time limit?)

tSa

Uh, not advising you how to run a business, I'd know nothing about that, but I know how to be a customer and I know when I check into a hotel and pay good money for the room it pisses me off to get billed another $25/day for internet access. This kind of money pays for the internet connection to the hotel for a week and most of the profit is eaten up by managing the payment system. Consider it consumer feedback. Try to Google for "Hotel, Pattaya, Free Wifi". If it is already free for guests why bother with non-customers? Just put a password on it and give it to the guest. Or waste a lot of money on a wifi billing system, up to you of course :D

:D to you too.

Edited by Pdavies99

Thank you to everybody!

Hi Monty

Thanks for your answer. Not bad for "slightly retarded"....Hahaha....Agree fully with you and am just reading up on it. Could you possibly point me in the right direction. Any experience with the web-based systems? Any advice helps!

HH.

Thanks for the clarification! Have a good weekend.

HH.

Thank you to everybody!

Hi Monty

HH.

Thanks for the clarification! Have a good weekend.

HH.

Thanks.