X2 Citizenship Entry/exit Stamps

Ok, my parents are Thai, but I was born in America. I've decided to move here to work in Bangkok. While here, I recently got my Thai ID card and my Thai passport. I also have a 1 year visa on my US PP since I have proof that I'm Thai.

My dilemma is which passport to use when I leave Thailand to go back to visit the US. I've read that I should always use the Thai one when dealing with Thai aiports. But if I do that, won't US customs find it odd that I don't have an exit stamp from Thailand in my US PP? Or should I just roll the dice and use my virgin Thai passport to leave Thailand and then use my US PP to go into America and just explain the whole dual citizenship thing to the US customs official?

Also, since I have a Thai ID card and a Thai passport, this means that I don't need a work visa or anything like that, right?

When you depart Thailand this time use the US passport to clear the visa. When you return enter on your Thai passport and thereafter use Thai passport in Thailand and US in US. With Thai passport/ID card and you probably should be listed on a home register someplace you will not need visa or work permit.

But don't forget, if male, you are eligible for military service and may be remiss if you have not registered so make sure on that before you enter on Thai passport.

You should leave the Thailand on the US Passport as that is what you entered Thailand on.

You will be fine re-entering the US without an exit stamp from the last country you travelled to. Most western countries (Europe, UK, Canada, even the US) don't stamp out people when you leave that country. Given that it is common practice, US immigration won't really care about where you have just travelled from.

Next time though, re-enter Thailand on your Thai PP, at which point you will not need a work permit or any visa to stay in Thailand.