Posting Parcels To Thailand

cuddleypete

We (read K.W )send parcels almost every week from London to Bangers (Samut Prac)and use ...guess... the Post Office,and never had any problems.

Last one which was quite heavy (all those new mobile phones...no-no-no...i mean sweets /mars bars etc) and postage was under a tenner.

Arrived in 3 days.

Suspect maybe address written in Thai with return in Angrit and customs sticker clearly identified makes things a little bit easier....but M.K.J.

Only record or register if important...ie C.cards ,land documents etc.and even them...mai peng.

:o

Actually it does matter where you are as post ofices in different countries have different policies and will charge different rates for different types of package.

For example, my GF wanted to send a box of clothes to her sisters from the UK. When I went to the Post Office I nearly had a heart attack when told how much it would cost. However, they also informed me that if I split the package into smaller ones of less than 2kg in weight it would cost half as much as they would then charge the rate for a letter instead of a parcel. Check the pricing at you local post office and then check out UPS / DHL.

What you should also consider however is if you quote a high value for the contents of said package, Thai Customs may charge some duty at the other end so check this out first as well.

Actually it does matter where you are as post ofices in different countries have different policies and will charge different rates for different types of package.

For example, my GF wanted to send a box of clothes to her sisters from the UK. When I went to the Post Office I nearly had a heart attack when told how much it would cost. However, they also informed me that if I split the package into smaller ones of less than 2kg in weight it would cost half as much as they would then charge the rate for a letter instead of a parcel. Check the pricing at you local post office and then check out UPS / DHL.

What you should also consider however is if you quote a high value for the contents of said package, Thai Customs may charge some duty at the other end so check this out first as well.

many thanks

then check out UPS / DHL.

Be very careful with this - we ended up paying DHL ยฃ50 Customs duty to get a box of Christmas presents! :o I know they had to charge it but it was still annoying!

We've not had to do this for parcels posted by the Royal Mail but then they've not been declared as valuable either...