Ducati Thailand

thaieagle67

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about changing my ER6n and buying a monster 696 next year. I like the looks and I fancy something a bit more exclusive and special. Am I likley to notice much of a difference between the two bikes? Its between a monster and street triple and I'm worried that the Triumph might have a too much power around town and I prefer the looks of the Ducati.

Cheers

I'm thinking about changing my ER6n and buying a monster 696 next year. I like the looks and I fancy something a bit more exclusive and special. Am I likley to notice much of a difference between the two bikes? Its between a monster and street triple and I'm worried that the Triumph might have a too much power around town and I prefer the looks of the Ducati.

Cheers

Monster versus the ER6N you will notice the difference. Pricewise! :)

Street Triple too much power??

I riding one now! And boy what a hoot it is!

Such an easy tool for Bkk traffic! Low end torque, zippy in & out. Very light. Narrow enough to squeeze between vehicles.

So much fun to hoon around on Bangkok streets.

I am considering buying one just for this purpose!

Cheers

Both the Street Triple and the Monster are great bikes for around town and the open road. One thing you should do if your thinking about a Monster 696 is go to the Ducati dealer in Bangkok and try one for size, as i was advised by the guys on this forum. I am just under 6 ft and it was way to small for me, so i chose the 1100 model which is perfect. What Travelmate says about the Triumph also goes for the Monster, as its the lightest bike in its class and very easy and comfortable to ride. The 1100 is powerful but the power is easily managed being a twin and worth the extra baht if your pockets are deep enough. My mate at work has a Street Triple and loves it, so again if your looking for something different and you are willing to part with extra cash your options are open. Maybe if you visit the Ducati dealer you will also find the Hypermotard, Multistrada or even the Streetfighter to your liking. All gorgeous looking bikes but like the Monster, heavy on the wallet!

I just sent an email to Chumphol at Ducati Bangkok, to let me know how much the DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 1100EVO SP will be and when the first delivery will be to Thailand?

I have a holding deposit ready to lay down.

I know this isn't the SP in the photo but I'm liking it already. http://hypermotards.net/

36%201100%20evo.jpg

Garry,

Great looking bike and the same engine as mine (although tweeked if its an EVO SP i'm sure). It's that single swinging arm again, they just look so good, just like the old VFR Honda's.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks thaieagle67,

I've been itching to ride the Chiang Rai-Chiang Mai-Chiang Rai road on a big bike for years. I just sold my Middle East 2004 R1 (bought new) and ready for fulltime riding in Thailand. So looking forward to the twisties up there. Even my wife is happy I'm buying it. With Ducati hopefuly opening up a branch in Chiang Mai in the first quarter of next year, I have even more excuses to ride down from Chiang Rai.

Cheers

Garry

Garry,

I am looking forwarded to getting up that way as well. My wife comes from Phrae and they have some great roads up to Nan, Lampang, CR, CM, etc. The road across the top between CM & CR is fun in the car, so it will be great on a bike. There is also a great back road (the 1023) from the North West side of Phrae provincial town across the mountains and then meeting with the road up to Chiang Mai.

The problem i have is getting there from Chonburi. With no access to the toll ways it will be a long journey and will deffinately have a case of sore rear end once i get to Phrae (even with the comfy Monster seat). A few Chang's and a good nights kip should sort that out though!

I can't wait to get back to LOS, get back on the bike and start to really explore the roads.

I'm like an expectant father. Chum and Ducati BKK will let me know as soon as the new model is available. My wife knows how long I have been looking forward to riding up here. I have a British mate in BKK who owns a black Duati 1098S. Or the more fun.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a British mate in BKK who owns a black Duati 1098S.
Is that Derek?

Sorry Rustic, yes that's Derek....he had a good uneventful ride on his 1098S to Chiang Mai (for the bike week) and back (2,000 odd kms without a glitch). Who says Ducati's have problems all the time.

I just sent an email to Chumphol at Ducati Bangkok, to let me know how much the DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 1100EVO SP will be and when the first delivery will be to Thailand?

I have a holding deposit ready to lay down.

I know this isn't the SP in the photo but I'm liking it already. http://hypermotards.net/

36%201100%20evo.jpg

Garry,

Great looking bike and the same engine as mine (although tweeked if its an EVO SP i'm sure). It's that single swinging arm again, they just look so good, just like the old VFR Honda's.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks thaieagle67,

I've been itching to ride the Chiang Rai-Chiang Mai-Chiang Rai road on a big bike for years. I just sold my Middle East 2004 R1 (bought new) and ready for fulltime riding in Thailand. So looking forward to the twisties up there. Even my wife is happy I'm buying it. With Ducati hopefuly opening up a branch in Chiang Mai in the first quarter of next year, I have even more excuses to ride down from Chiang Rai.

Cheers

Garry

Garry,

I am looking forwarded to getting up that way as well. My wife comes from Phrae and they have some great roads up to Nan, Lampang, CR, CM, etc. The road across the top between CM & CR is fun in the car, so it will be great on a bike. There is also a great back road (the 1023) from the North West side of Phrae provincial town across the mountains and then meeting with the road up to Chiang Mai.

The problem i have is getting there from Chonburi. With no access to the toll ways it will be a long journey and will deffinately have a case of sore rear end once i get to Phrae (even with the comfy Monster seat). A few Chang's and a good nights kip should sort that out though!

I can't wait to get back to LOS, get back on the bike and start to really explore the roads.

Talked to Chum on the 03 Dec at the Thonglor showroom.The Hyper 1100 EVO is being produced already (as it really is no different to past models) but he suspects that Ducati will not start producing the 1100 EVO SP (which is a wee bit different to the base EVO-can one call it a base?, they are nice as well) until around January and probably landing in Thailand around March. He doesn't need any deposit or holding fee but I will be the first to know when it lands on Thai soil.

Word to the wise.

How big are you?

Big fella or wee fella?

Hypermotard is a small bike. Seen someone riding one and was shocked at how small / short it was.

Find one and check it out for size.

The Streetfighters look small also, but on the same note look like a whole bunch of fun as well :)

Word to the wise.

How big are you?

Big fella or wee fella?

Hypermotard is a small bike. Seen someone riding one and was shocked at how small / short it was.

The Streetfighters look small also, but on the same note look like a whole bunch of fun as well :)

would take the Street Fighter over the motard any day..

It must be the Ducati as your next choice of street weapon?

Word to the wise.

How big are you?

Big fella or wee fella?

would take the Street Fighter over the motard any day..

It must be the Ducati as your next choice of street weapon?

I'm looking at cost in and around the baht 1,000,000 mark and apart from wanting to go back to an air cooled engine.

The 2010 Hyper EVO SP (approx: baht 930,000), current 2009 Streetfighter Base & S (baht 940,000 & 1,150,000 respectively).

Don't get me wrong, I'm used to big horspower bikes and am sorely tempted by the Streetfighter S with its high enough horsepower, V-Twin torque and DTC. Especially after seeing one in the flesh on the 3rd of Dec at BKK Ducati. There was an S there that had just had a bunch of Rizoma goodies fitted to it and running Ternmi's, very tastey indeed.

Pai Bike Week 2009