Great day for a ride!

0816Tony.JPG

Met up at 0700 at Kawasaki Rama 9- Trent on his ZX10R

0816Trent.JPG

At the entrance to Khao Yai National Park-

0816Ride7.jpg

Lots of beautiful bikes out and about today-

0816Dukes3.jpg

In our group it was mostly ER6n's, three new 2010 Ninja 650R's, a few Ninjette 250R's, a pair of Ninja ZX10R's and one D-Tracker.

0816Ride4.jpg

Had a great time running in my new Ninja 650R-

0816650R.jpg

It was a year ago this month that Kawasaki began selling Ninja 250R's, D-Trackers and KLX 250's in Thailand, followed by the ER6n in January 2009 and now the Ninja 650R. They've sold several thousand big bikes in the past year and are helping to motorcycling a more popular sport by supplying quality bikes at great prices. A ride like this would never have happened a year ago.

More pics to come- Happy Trails!

Tony

0816Ride.jpg

Great pics! Looks like fun! Wish we had something like that down here.

Well isnt it up to us to organise it ??

Me, you, rickster, Katabeachbum, thats a good ride group (I am leary of large groups who dont know each others ride styles too much) we have Phang Nga, Krabi, I want to get down to Cameroon highlands in Malaysia, etc etc. On the island the roads and drivers are pretty awful, and to be fair we have nothing like the north has, but thats doesnt mean we cant get out and enjoy what we do have.

^ Yeah- up to you guys to organize some group rides. Yesterday's ride was not sponsored by Kawasaki, but at the last minute the sales manager, Khun Chan decided to ditch the riding course he was supposed to co-teach and come along on the ride instead. Lucky guy got to take the Kawasaki Test Drive ZX10R- Wow! :)

0816ChanZX10R.JPG

Good to have him along as he always keeps things well organized. Here he is giving everyone a quick speech about the hazards in Khao Yai National Park, which include copious amounts of elephant dung, monkeys, some patches of damp and forest litter, a fair number of speed bumps, etc. He also divided the group up into fast and slow so that we weren't all tearing through the park in one massive pack.

0816Chan.jpg

Big group of Ducati riders- really nice guys-

0816Dukes2.jpg

Man it was a HOT day! Felt great to escape the heat up in the cool mountain air of Khao Yai National Park-

0816HatoriGang.jpg

Here's Trent explaining his theory of, "If you can't ride fast, be loud" :D:D:D:D (If you've ever heard his ZX10R you'll know exactly what I mean)

0816RideKhaoYai.jpg

Da man!

0816Trent4.jpg

Great group of guys! Always a blast to ride with them.

0816KhaoYaiRide.jpg

After Khao Yai we proceeded to another National Park I'd never heard of-

0816ChetSaoNoi.jpg

Place was packed with weekend crowds and it felt great to cool off in the river- Here's Khun 20 showing off his manly physique :D

0816ChetSaoNoi20.jpg

Awesome picnic-style lunch and then it was time to head back to Bangkok to catch the MotoGP races-

0816TrentTony1.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Love the thought of motorcycles, such as Triumphs, Royal Enflield, and classic Harleys (not he Hells Angels look)- The Kawasaki's look like toys-although I am sure they are fine machines. Just living in the past I guess. Motoring down the road humped over with the screaming sound of todays engines leaves me feeling nostalgic for the rumble of a Royal Enfield.http://www.royalenfield.com/Motorcycles/thunderbirdtwinspark.aspx. I do not think I would want to take a Kawasaki in the Himalayas'. http://www.royalenfield.com/company/news/2...odyssey.aspx--- But you can enjoy any type of bike even the Yamaha Nouvo I putter around Phuket with.

Place was packed with weekend crowds and it felt great to cool off in the river- Here's Khun 20 showing off his manly physique :D

Bit better than the last time somone posted a pic from tour of him...

:)

At least here he's standing to attention :D

Aha! I knew it was only a matter of time before some more interesting pictures would show up.

Here's Mr Yeesip showing off his better side :)

0816MOONIN.JPG

I hope the kind mods at ThaiVisa won't find this too provocative :D

Ride On!

Tony

That's a whole lot of white.....

Aha! I knew it was only a matter of time before some more interesting pictures would show up.

Here's Mr Yeesip showing off his better side :D

0816MOONIN.JPG

I hope the kind mods at ThaiVisa won't find this too provocative :D

Ride On!

Tony

I wish they had!!!!!! :)

A few more pics- you'll be happy to see that everyone is fully clothed :D:D:)

0816Jim20MeMax.JPG

Riding back to Bangkok in the late afternoon we had to pull over as a royal motorcade was coming through. Had a good time joking with the officer-

0816RoyalStop.JPG

Hope we can get out for another blast this weekend!

Happy Trails,

Tony

0816Ninja650RMe.JPG