Apartment Near Ekemai / Thong Lor Needed

portchester23

A friend needs to stay near Ekemai or Thong Lor for a couple of months. Can pay up to 12,000 baht for a nice studio apartment with pool/gym fairly close to Suk. Any suggestions?

I don't want to start one of those idiotic I-live-cheaper-than-you dialogues, but I think you should tell your friend that his budget is awfully low for that neighborhood. For that kind of money, and especially looking for the sort of very short-term rental he is, he's really not going to get much around there if indeed he gets anything at all. Certainly nothing as nice as someone who says he wants 'a pool and gym close to Sukhumvit' is apparently looking for.

Could try Jirathit Mansion off Thonglor Soi 20. Whether they would let for 2 months I don't know, maybe they might for a small premium and would still be within budget. Not near the Sukhumvit Road end of Thonglor however, although I would say it was actually a nicer area and plenty of nearby amenities. For getting to BTS/Sukhumvit, Thonglor Road is generally no problem, unlike Ekamai which has horrendous traffic jams in the evening.

I would guess that you probably could find what you're looking for nearer the main road if necessary. Depends of course what your definition of "nice" is though, I suspect Old Asia Hand's is a very high standard indeed... :o