Brown Guttering & Accessories

robertsonmartin

I want to install guttering around our house and the only guttering I can find is white (Homeworks & HomePro). There is a company who will install brown guttering for me but the quotation seems way over-priced (100,000 baht :) ). Since putting up guttering is a pretty easy job then I will do it myself if I can find a supplier.

I've seen some stainless steel guttering but this doesn't look very good either. So brown (or black) is what I am looking for.

Any contacts anyone?

My location is Phuket.

Thanks in advance.

True Value sell brown plastic guttering and accessories. 3 mtr. length if I remember correctly is around 600 baht. The fittings though are expensive.

OR get Khun Guttering at the side of the road to fit the galvanized guttering. Small size 180 baht a meter and the big one 220 baht a meter then paint it brown with Acrylic water based paint. Do not under any circumstances use oil based paint as this blisters and falls off. HomeWorks/Pro shops so called paint experts will all tell you that you can not use acrylic on galvanized gutters, this is utter rubbish and misleading to folks that don't know any better. My acrylic brown has been there for four years on galvanized gutters and still looks like new.

You will have to get them to mix the brown for you as this seems to be a non stock color but it's not expensive.

At ,most any Thai news stand are several magazines such as "Home and Garden" or "Room". They are in Thai language, but it is obvious what these 80 baht magazines subject is by a glance. In the front pages and rear pages of the magazines will be several advertisements for various rain gutter companies, most based in Bangkok. All sorts of rain gutter "systems", based on Western company designs are readily available in Thailand. They will all quote you a price and give you many options if you e-mail them your house plan and some photos. They will include professional installation and a guarantee. They even have leaf guards for gutters in Thailand at a very fair price. At the Architect Expo at Impact Convention Center were at least six different companies with nice displays of rain gutters including, but not limited to: Windsor, Aquiline by Lindab, Dragon Fire, National Rainwater Gutter by Premier Products, etc..

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Been in touch with Lindab about their Aqualine Range. It's galvanised steel, finished in various colours of paint. Not particularly cheap when compared with PVC but for some reason PVC isn't recommended for the thailand climate (maybe because the sun and heat can fatigue it ?!?).

Anyway, the original quote for Lindab Aqualine (through a third-party) for the supply and installation was about 110,000 baht. If I buy directly from the supplier I can get all the same items for approx 60,000 baht. (not a bad markup of about 50K for the 3rd party for a days worth of installation). This is still more than I want to pay for guttering but will be a robust material with a long warranty.

Haven't 100% decided yet, but reckon its at the top of the list at the moment.

• 6 months later...

Can't really comment on fiber glass guttering, but suspect it could be affected by the sun over the years.

I eventually went with the Lindab powder coated galvanised gutter, installed myself and it came out a treat. Reasonably easy to fit once you get the run-off worked out.

Blends in really well with the roof.

post-79340-1270457435_thumb.jpg