Ip Star

lampard10

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had I.P. Star for about six months now,with no problems and no regrets. Firstly I have a pub with an internet cafe. I have four computors,connected. I have a master computor and the other three are connected from this one. Last weekend the three went off line. I called the geezer in and he fixed them no problem on the monday. (they went off on friday and was told it was IP's fault and it would be better monday) of course this is the Thai way of saying nobody can come out till monday. This weekend the same happened. Again wait till monday. Yesterday he could not do anything with it. My other three coms are connected to the internet,it says on-line,but no information is being received or sent. I have had about three other so-called computor experts look at them,but no-body knows what is going on. Can anybody help me. Or if anyone is in the Surin area can you drop by and sort me out? PPPPLLEASEEEEEEEEE

They have been tinkering with changing the ip addresses. The called me first and I told them that if they wanted to change the ip come and see me and fix my whole network. Crazy!!! Always fixing something that is not broken.

I suggest you cal them get the new ip and dsn number and then have your wizard put that in to the computer and you should be up and running in no time.

They have been tinkering with changing the ip addresses.  The called me first and I told them that if they wanted to change the ip come and see me and fix my whole network.  Crazy!!! Always fixing something that is not broken.

I suggest you cal them get the new ip and dsn number and then have your wizard put that in to the computer and you should be up and running in no time.

Thanks.......I'll try that

They have been tinkering with changing the ip addresses.  The called me first and I told them that if they wanted to change the ip come and see me and fix my whole network.  Crazy!!! Always fixing something that is not broken.

Thanks.......I'll try that

I phoned IP Star and they talked me through the procedure.............I now have all four computors down,and they hurridly rang off and said they'd call me back.They havn't :o

Good luck getting your ipstar up and running again.

We've been using it for over a year now and are now on the 3rd modem box.Last time the engineers were here the missus tore a strip off them for CS Loxinfo bullshitting over the phone that our computer was knackered not their box.

The engineers confided in her that yes ,they knew from the symptoms that the computer was not at fault,and yes the ipstar modem is <deleted> quality,overheats and reacts to salt in the air.We now have a huge fan turned up high placed next to the ipstar box in an attempt to keep it cool and working for more than the 3 month average lifespan.

Head office also lost all records of our complaints.Downtime was 2 weeks and no credit given.The engineers from Bangkok wouldnt come(Koh Tao) but the boys from Phuket were great.