Good Deal On Merchandise From The Us

medeis

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself as a new er-6n owner in Phuket.

I adhere to the All Gear All Time mentality, but found myself stomped trying to purchase some apparel in Thailand without mortgaging my home.

After extensive research, I was able to find a US-based online retailer, www.ridersdiscount.com, that not only shipped to Thailand, but did so for a fixed fee of $25, no matter the size of the order!

Here's the tale of my experience with them:

On Friday 09/18 I settled on ordering the following items:

TCX X-SQUARE ALL PURPOSE BOOTS

SHIFT LODOWN JEAN KEVLAR MOTORCYCLE PANTS

JOE ROCKET ATOMIC 2.0 TEXTILE MOTORCYCLE GLOVES

TOUR MASTER DRAFT AIR MOTORCYCLE JACKET

RIVER ROAD RAINSTORM 2 PIECE RAINSUIT

Total purchase price $352.58 +$25 S&H

At checkout, an option to choose the ship-to country sported just about the whole world, except for Thailand, so I called them and was told that, due to the high incidence of fraud from our neck of the woods, they would not be able to ship my order.

Undaunted, I sent them an email and was contacted within hours by Joel, their customer service representative, who relayed shipping would be possible if I paid for the order via PayPal. Not having a problem with that, I proceeded, and finalized the purchase through a quick series of emails in which Joel displayed outstanding service.

The parcel shipped out on Wednesday 09/23 and arrived to the post office in Rawai exactly 2 weeks later.

I sadly discovered about the shocking 100% duty extortion fee, but was glad to see that the items ordered were listed as having a total value of about $100, so that, all considered, my purchase ran about $500.

I priced the same or comparable merchandise here in Thailand and got a total of well over $700, so I am not too displeased, especially in view of the larger choice available at www.ridersdiscount.com.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be as exhaustive as possible, to provide the means for an informed choice, should any of you decide to take advantage of their services.

Last disclaimer: I am not affiliated with them, just a satisfied customer.

I hope this post will prove valuable, and wish you all the best.

Medeis

Cheers Medeis,

Congratulations on the new bike and the new gear and bravo for advocating ATGATT!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Thank you Tony, and thank you as well for your always-welcome advice.

Now that I have the old body covered, it's time to think of the bike and start saving for those sliders you sell!