Today I Realized..

dunder

...life is great after all.

I am happy as only a child can be and I guess it is the part of me that is craving sick speed, lovely ladies and tons of adrenaline speaking at the moment - I have it all. I live the fastest of lives; I have the most adorable of women and right now I am just smiling from the craziest of adrenaline rushes..

After a relatively long period of living in apathy, where most things that can go wrong also has gone wrong, life has been transformed. I am back to the one I want to be, living in the greatest of realities. I am not intoxiated nor have I taken some other drugs, but I am filled with joy from the ride I just had. Got to say - I have been seriously frustrated about the traffic situation in Bangkok, even though there are some hours and areas respectively where I can both play with my bike and enjoy all the power a zx-10r has to offer.. still most of the times it is a constant struggle not to hit or be hit by other human beings in the traffic. Today though - I found heaven! Not only has most of miss "Killers" modifications been dealt with, but from nowhere a guy who I don't know gave me directions to one of the longest and least trafficked straights I have seen on this side of the planet - you understand now that the child in me, the guy I spoke about earlier found something precious. He found Heaven and I guess with this.. huge amounts of, in my subjective point of view, life prolonging hormons in the shape of Epinephrine... Weeehaa

No more misery and cheers to all of you in the Bike Section of Thaivisa..

Peace

Johan

Johan, you ARE IN THE ZONE! :)

Good on you man!

See you on the road :D

I think he is talking of the road that link Bangna-trat & Lad Krabang. Runs parallel to the airport road that link the motorway to the Bangna-Trat road.

Is it this one?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...e=UTF8&z=12

hehe.. Im looking at the map and I can't really tell you if it is this one.. I figured the big bus station that is located on the start/end (airport side) of this road would be pointed out on the map but I can't find it:).. It actually runs parallell to one of the Suvarnabhumi runways. Unfortunately I have my GPS in Sweden, but I could try to look for some kind of road number next time I get there.

peace

...life is great after all.

I am happy as only a child can be and I guess it is the part of me that is craving sick speed, lovely ladies and tons of adrenaline speaking at the moment - I have it all. I live the fastest of lives; I have the most adorable of women and right now I am just smiling from the craziest of adrenaline rushes..

After a relatively long period of living in apathy, where most things that can go wrong also has gone wrong, life has been transformed. I am back to the one I want to be, living in the greatest of realities. I am not intoxiated nor have I taken some other drugs, but I am filled with joy from the ride I just had. Got to say - I have been seriously frustrated about the traffic situation in Bangkok, even though there are some hours and areas respectively where I can both play with my bike and enjoy all the power a zx-10r has to offer.. still most of the times it is a constant struggle not to hit or be hit by other human beings in the traffic. Today though - I found heaven! Not only has most of miss "Killers" modifications been dealt with, but from nowhere a guy who I don't know gave me directions to one of the longest and least trafficked straights I have seen on this side of the planet - you understand now that the child in me, the guy I spoke about earlier found something precious. He found Heaven and I guess with this.. huge amounts of, in my subjective point of view, life prolonging hormons in the shape of Epinephrine... Weeehaa

No more misery and cheers to all of you in the Bike Section of Thaivisa..

Peace

Johan

Johan, you ARE IN THE ZONE! :)

Good on you man!

See you on the road :D

Life is good.. :D

Thanks for the additional information. So, to de restrict te ZX10R did you only have to change the ECU? If so then that's not such a big deal IMO. But I know some bikes are a bitch to de-restrict. Red Baron had a Japan spec (restricted) CBR600 for sale and I asked what it would take to de restrict. Apparently quite a bit! As I recall in addition to swapping out the ECU it needed new cam, valve springs, throttle bodies and a couple of other items I can't recall... Sounded like a real pain! Will have to take a really close look at the ZX6R to see what the story is there. I don't think I'm going to throw down big money on a restricted one. If the Ninja ZX6R is restricted I think I'll have to take a serious look at the Triumph Daytona 675. Stunning bike. Still wondering what the price tag is - anyone?

I really like the zx-6r and hopefully for you there will be no power issues.. just buy it in a Kawa-branch outside Bangkok;)

I will try to answer a few questions here..

Barrybike asked if the bike is running on full power atm.. I can tell you like this. If buying the zx-10r from Rama 9 and run it without further mods, you will get a bike with max power around 121 hp on the back wheel and max torque 67 ft-lb!!..and as I said earlier - no power after 10 000 rpm. These are ridiculous numbers compared to a liter bike that with a "full power ECU" delivers in between 150 and 160 hp on the back wheel. If I personally have to choose - The biggest issue would be the total loss of power in high rpms and of course this had to be taken care of. The "Thai spec ECU is even more restricted than the "asia/japan ECU" and I actually only changed from one ECU with extremely tight restrictions to another ECU that still have restrictions but not so extreme. Now I have torque all the way up to 13 000 rpm and I have increased the max power with about 20 hp (still less than full power).. why you might wonder?

Nikster said that an ECU for a D-tracker cost 8000 baht. For liter bikes these cost more. Kawasaki did not only refuse to accept their ignorance and mistake (meaning they would not help with anything financial) they also refused to order a "full power ECU" since they would commit an offense by doing so. Now it was up to me if I wanted to buy one from Europe or the US. This would mean that I had to order an ECU costing about 1000 Euro (plus problems with customs and import duties) and also.. if changing to a US-or European spec ECU I would also have to change cable harness (costing another 600 euro, import duties excluded) and all of this taking plenty of time. I weighed the 20hp increase to a 35-40 hp increase in power against each other and having all the facts I decided not to give myself more head ache.

The numbers I am talking about now are for a bike witout modifications.. and there is alot to be done to increase these numbers (with a voided warranty as a result). I will not tell you here on this forum if I have done anything or what I have done to to the stock bike after the change of ECU. Since Kawasaki ordered and changed the box I believe the warranty is still valid. In other words. Time-, money-, customs-, and warranty issues made me go for the Kawasaki solution.

Peace

Johan

Edited by dunder

dunder: What was the cost of the ECU you fitted?

Edit: I would double check if your warranty is still valid as IIRC on the KLX250 thread someone mentioned Kawasaki would supply an unrestricted ECU for 8k Baht but warranty would be void.

Edited by JUDAS

dunder: What was the cost of the ECU you fitted?

Edit: I would double check if your warranty is still valid as IIRC on the KLX250 thread someone mentioned Kawasaki would supply an unrestricted ECU for 8k Baht but warranty would be void.

I wasn't clear in what I wrote above.. Instead of ordering the ECU myself, Kawasaki ordered the japan/asia ECU after a few months at a cost of 16 or 17k baht. This is of course a small expense if you place it next to the price of the actual bike, but unfortunately it is not the only cost when making a decent zx-10r out of the Thai sold dito..

anyways.. lets not forget cold and great season for riding is here!

Peace

Edited by dunder