Air Blade 125cc?

Bung

First off, we are talking standard bikes here without mag wheels. My Nouvo cost me 52000 baht which is 1000 baht less than I paid for my first Nouvo, the MX. Mags are an option at several thousand baht more whether for a Nouvo or an Air Blade. Now, everyone has their preferences, and the Air Blades are very nice machines. However, the Nouvo Elegance is 135 cc's and it's got greater size and significantly more power than an Airblade, fuel injected or with a carburetor. I don't think Honda is going to sell many bikes if it comes in at a significantly higher price than the Nouvo Elegance because if anything the Elegance currently is more bike than Honda's present Air Blade offering. As far as the 125 c.c. pcx actually selling for 70,000 baht, well, the technology and fuel economy look terrific, but at that kind of pricing Honda could well be headed for a big ass kicking. That's about 10,000 baht more than it's own CBR which is 150 ccs. And it's 18,000 baht more than the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance. That's about $550 U.S. Sure, one is going to save some gas by not having the engine run at stoplights. But $550 will buy a lot of gas. I don't think Honda is that stupid.

If I were you, I'd be heading to Pattaya to pick up an Air Blade and save yourself a lot of money.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, we are talking standard bikes here without mag wheels.

Sorry, I was always talking of a bike with mag wheels

Now, everyone has their preferences, and the Air Blades are very nice machines. However, the Nouvo Elegance is 135 cc's and it's got greater size and significantly more power than an Airblade, fuel injected or with a carburetor.

<deleted> you're talking the difference of 25cc's, if that floats your boat fine. To me the Airblade is way more stylish. Mind you the PCX with it's brown trim looks pug ugly !

If I were you, I'd be heading to Pattaya to pick up an Air Blade and save yourself a lot of money.

Agreed, if I can get a B&O edition PGM FI for under 60k

Tell you what, I'll lend you my Thai driver's license, then all you do is say to your dealer, "Pom bin Cun Thai. My Shy Falang". That'll do it. Bet he reduces your price at least 12,000 baht. I tried that at the zoo yesterday, and I got in for 70 baht. My Norwegian pal had to pay 300 baht.

Tell you what, if you can put you're money where your mouth is and provide a dealer that will sell a magged PGM FI at 52k I'll be impressed !

No magged is 55,500 IIRC in my local dealer..

But then we have said over and over its 52 - 56 or so depending on dealer and mags or not.

You can refuse to listen, and can pay 68k if you like.. But thats not the price.

Sorry, I was always talking of a bike with mag wheels

Jez how many times.. See the link I put up ?? With the MSRP ?? With 53k for non magged and 56k for magged ?? So then haggle a bit off the MSRP.

Now, everyone has their preferences, and the Air Blades are very nice machines. However, the Nouvo Elegance is 135 cc's and it's got greater size and significantly more power than an Airblade, fuel injected or with a carburetor.

<deleted> you're talking the difference of 25cc's, if that floats your boat fine. To me the Airblade is way more stylish. Mind you the PCX with it's brown trim looks pug ugly !

Well 25cc compared to a 112cc bike is >20%..

The elegance is far more machine all round.. Agree on the syling of the PCX but a 200 or 300cc version would be more interesting, more like a maxi scooter.

Agreed, if I can get a B&O edition PGM FI for under 60k

How many times.. 55 - 56k gets the magged version !!

Tell you what, I'll lend you my Thai driver's license, then all you do is say to your dealer, "Pom bin Cun Thai. My Shy Falang". That'll do it. Bet he reduces your price at least 12,000 baht. I tried that at the zoo yesterday, and I got in for 70 baht. My Norwegian pal had to pay 300 baht.

Tell you what, if you can put you're money where your mouth is and provide a dealer that will sell a magged PGM FI at 52k I'll be impressed !

But then we have said over and over its 52 - 56 or so depending on dealer and mags or not.

You can refuse to listen, and can pay 68k if you like.. But thats not the price.

But I'm not refusing to listen, I already said I wouldn't pay 68k cos I thought it too high. Just that he dealers here have that as the sticker price and will not go down too much. I'd still be impressed to get a magged version at 52k though. I'll probably buy in BKK or Pattaya as suggested. Thanks for the MSRP advice.

But I'm not refusing to listen, I already said I wouldn't pay 68k cos I thought it too high. Just that he dealers here have that as the sticker price and will not go down too much. I'd still be impressed to get a magged version at 52k though. I'll probably buy in BKK or Pattaya as suggested. Thanks for the MSRP advice.

Well you have been told multiple times.. And shown the full MSRP listing for all the honda bikes..

52 / 53k is wire rims.. 55 / 56k is Mags. No one is saying you can get mags for 52 but if you take the 12k off the 68k you quoted that leaves you 56k for the magged. Not sure why you seem to want to make it so difficult.

if you take the 12k off the 68k you quoted that leaves you 56k for the magged. Not sure why you seem to want to make it so difficult.

But the dealers here in Khon Kaen will not do that even when I send my Thai wife along to negotiate. As I've said numerous times the starting price here is 68k for whatever reason to both Farang and Thai. It's not me who's being difficult it's the Khon Kaen dealers !

But thanks again for the info, like I said I will probably buy in BKK or Pattaya as we will be there early next month.

I believe there is something missing here. The bikes in KK are probably marked at 68K, but that is most likely the all inclusive never-never price (hire purchase) and is inclusive of interest, paying in installments over 36 or 48 months. That figure sounds about right if this is the case. Just tell them you are not interested in hire purchase and want to pay cash.

Seems when they mark them up on the never never down here they only list the downpayment.. Walking past them my missus is often "look tilaak.. Only 5000 baht" yeah sure babe but how much per month for how many months.. Mai loo..

The rest of the equation never seems to come up only the downpayment :)

Hi

I wonder what the price is

I asked in Honda patong yesterday. Didnt know when they would have it or the price. But I doubt it will be more than yammy E 135 at 59k baht.

The Airblade PGM FI is already 68k so I expect the PCX will be more than that.

I was looking to buy an Airblade but was told there will be a promotional event for the new PCX in Khon Kaen to coincide with the opening of the new Central Plaza shopping mall here on Dec 3rd. I will wait for that now.

I bought my Air Blade PGM FI here in Pattaya for around 55k (I think) that included all taxes and insurance.

Of course after the 6 months finance is was probably a bit more but not worried about that.

:)

Edited by davethailand

Mate bought one in udon for the normal money..

And I fail to believe the entire country sells them at that price except for Khon Khen.. Theres usually many dealers in any large city, just go to a different one.

Yes it's pretty clear you don't believe what I'm saying but I can assure you it's true. Short of coming to see for yourself I don't know what else to say.

I've been to many different dealers here already and they all quote 68k. This is the cash price.

Like I said I will go to BKK or Pattaya to buy.

Hi

I wonder what the price is

I asked in Honda patong yesterday. Didnt know when they would have it or the price. But I doubt it will be more than yammy E 135 at 59k baht.

The Airblade PGM FI is already 68k so I expect the PCX will be more than that.

I was looking to buy an Airblade but was told there will be a promotional event for the new PCX in Khon Kaen to coincide with the opening of the new Central Plaza shopping mall here on Dec 3rd. I will wait for that now.

I bought my Air Blade PGM FI here in Pattaya for around 55k (I think) that included all taxes and insurance.

Of course after the 6 months finance is was probably a bit more but not worried about that.

:)

Thanks for the info, when was that and is it with Mags ?

And I fail to believe the entire country sells them at that price except for Khon Khen.. Theres usually many dealers in any large city, just go to a different one.

Yes it's pretty clear you don't believe what I'm saying but I can assure you it's true. Short of coming to see for yourself I don't know what else to say.

I've been to many different dealers here already and they all quote 68k. This is the cash price.

I believe you and its not only in Khon Khen!

Here at Phuket Town are some grazy Honda Dealers too they want 68K Cashprice for Airblade PGMFI with Mag Whhels!!

I asked them WHY... :)

Answer:Because this Model is very rare at the Moment! :D

Robinsons

Just spoke to the honda dealer in KK (toh motors) nic enough guy who seemed straight shooter.. The list price is correct but he deals with Vietnamese agents and all his stock he can sell to them as fast as he can get it (he said he even has them in a waiting list) so he has no interest in supplying the domestic market when he can get the vietnamese price.

Essentially Khon Kean is driven by the exporters and they dont want the domestic sale..

So just buy one from bangkok or Udon or anywhere the dealer isnt a hidden exporter.

On second thought, perhaps you are right after all. I stopped at the local Honda dealer here in Naklua where I often get my Yamaha Nouvo Elegance serviced. The salesman or owner is a pretty nice fellow. When I got back from Vietnam I gave him pictures of the 150 c.c. Honda I saw there and we discussed the possibility of Honda introducing it here before long. As it turned out Honda was sending the 150 to the U.S. among other places while it had the 125 c.c. pxi earmarked for Thailand. The man was very pleased with the info I had given him so now he's returned the favor.

He showed me a brochure he had in his desk of the 125 PCX, then told me this was a private informational brochure for him and not to be made public yet. He told me he didn't know when the bike would be available here although he did say, "Soon", but he didn't suggest that soon meant in the next week or two for instance. He also said he didn't have any idea of the price. He also told me that very few new Air Blades are to be found in the dealers here in Pattaya. For example for some time now I've not seen a single one in his place. And he said they were selling for 70,000 baht. He did have a number of Clicks in his place, Honda Waves, one CBR, at least one Scoopy, etc. So it does look like those few dealers who do have Air Blades in stock are getting scalpers' prices for them.

He also told me that he thinks Yamaha is soon coming out with a 150 c.c. Nouvo. Then he said, "Honda number one in Thailand now, but I think that Yamaha is very dangerous for Honda in the future."

in the brochure I wanted to look up the fuel tank capacity for the PCXi. It was there---6.2 liters. I think the Air Blade has a 4 liter fuel tank. The Nouvo Elegance has either a 4.8 or 4.9 liter tank. So, if one considers that the newer Air Blades have programmed fuel injection and that Honda claims 15 % better fuel economy and that the new PCX i will shut down at stop lights, the new Pcx I will no doubt offer significantly longer cruising range than the present Air Blade is offering. This means fewer times visiting fuel stations in the normal course of the week.

So the pricing of the new models will be interesting. If I were you I'd sit tight. I certainly would not be giving 68000 baht for a 53000 baht bike whether it's in short supply or not. You can buy Nouvo Elegances all day long for 52000-53000 baht and believe me, the seat in the pants difference in feel between these 135 c.c. machines and the 115 c.c. Nouvo MX's is very noticeable. The 135 c.c. model flies.

Now if the Nouvo comes out in 150 c.c. clothing it will be treading into 150 CBR territory. And the manual transmission Yamaha Spark already has fuel injection. My first Nouvo, a 115 c.c. MX cost me 53000 baht. My new 135 c.c. Nouvo Elegance cost me 1000 baht less three years later and it definitely is a lot more machine. It really does make sense for Yamaha to be introducing a 150 c.c. model considering Honda's already offering a 150 c.c. model in the U.S. and other markets, but I can't see Yamaha staying at 115 c.c. model pricing. So maybe both Yamaha and Honda are up scaling their top machines and will be pricing both at 65000 to 70 baht.

Hmmmm...maybe Yamaha will be changing its styling and this will allow it to put in a substantially larger fuel tank thus giving its flag ship model a lot more range which will help it to be more suitable for cross country jaunts. And at the same time it will offer fuel injection which will help Yamaha justify a higher price.

I personally like the styling of the new PCX i. And I had the chance to look at a lot of pictures of the PXI which were in the brochure.

Here at Phuket Town are some grazy Honda Dealers too they want 68K Cashprice for Airblade PGMFI with Mag Whhels!!

I asked them WHY... :)

Robinsons

I m a nice guy, so you can have my GFs 4 months old very rare Airblade PGM Fi with just 1400 km on it. Mags, combibrake, red metalic at only 60k :D

She s just discovered how much better my yammy elegance 135 is :D

One dealer here has now given me a price of 62k for the B&O PGM FI

And yes I can get a Nouvo Elegance for 52000/53000 but I prefer the Airblade.

It's only the Airblade that suffers this inflated price, all the other bikes Click's Scoopy's CBR's are correct list prices.

The Honda Airblade-i is a bit hard to get, Honda mismatched the demand and so rumors started that the Airblade-i would be replaced by the PCX, but that is not true.

As the CEO of Honda announced early this year, Honda will stop selling carburetor motorcycles and scooters next years....

On second thought, perhaps you are right after all. I stopped at the local Honda dealer here in Naklua where I often get my Yamaha Nouvo Elegance serviced. The salesman or owner is a pretty nice fellow. When I got back from Vietnam I gave him pictures of the 150 c.c. Honda I saw there and we discussed the possibility of Honda introducing it here before long. As it turned out Honda was sending the 150 to the U.S. among other places while it had the 125 c.c. pxi earmarked for Thailand. The man was very pleased with the info I had given him so now he's returned the favor.

He showed me a brochure he had in his desk of the 125 PCX, then told me this was a private informational brochure for him and not to be made public yet. He told me he didn't know when the bike would be available here although he did say, "Soon", but he didn't suggest that soon meant in the next week or two for instance. He also said he didn't have any idea of the price. He also told me that very few new Air Blades are to be found in the dealers here in Pattaya. For example for some time now I've not seen a single one in his place. And he said they were selling for 70,000 baht. He did have a number of Clicks in his place, Honda Waves, one CBR, at least one Scoopy, etc. So it does look like those few dealers who do have Air Blades in stock are getting scalpers' prices for them.

He also told me that he thinks Yamaha is soon coming out with a 150 c.c. Nouvo. Then he said, "Honda number one in Thailand now, but I think that Yamaha is very dangerous for Honda in the future."

in the brochure I wanted to look up the fuel tank capacity for the PCXi. It was there---6.2 liters. I think the Air Blade has a 4 liter fuel tank. The Nouvo Elegance has either a 4.8 or 4.9 liter tank. So, if one considers that the newer Air Blades have programmed fuel injection and that Honda claims 15 % better fuel economy and that the new PCX i will shut down at stop lights, the new Pcx I will no doubt offer significantly longer cruising range than the present Air Blade is offering. This means fewer times visiting fuel stations in the normal course of the week.

So the pricing of the new models will be interesting. If I were you I'd sit tight. I certainly would not be giving 68000 baht for a 53000 baht bike whether it's in short supply or not. You can buy Nouvo Elegances all day long for 52000-53000 baht and believe me, the seat in the pants difference in feel between these 135 c.c. machines and the 115 c.c. Nouvo MX's is very noticeable. The 135 c.c. model flies.

Now if the Nouvo comes out in 150 c.c. clothing it will be treading into 150 CBR territory. And the manual transmission Yamaha Spark already has fuel injection. My first Nouvo, a 115 c.c. MX cost me 53000 baht. My new 135 c.c. Nouvo Elegance cost me 1000 baht less three years later and it definitely is a lot more machine. It really does make sense for Yamaha to be introducing a 150 c.c. model considering Honda's already offering a 150 c.c. model in the U.S. and other markets, but I can't see Yamaha staying at 115 c.c. model pricing. So maybe both Yamaha and Honda are up scaling their top machines and will be pricing both at 65000 to 70 baht.

Hmmmm...maybe Yamaha will be changing its styling and this will allow it to put in a substantially larger fuel tank thus giving its flag ship model a lot more range which will help it to be more suitable for cross country jaunts. And at the same time it will offer fuel injection which will help Yamaha justify a higher price.

I personally like the styling of the new PCX i. And I had the chance to look at a lot of pictures of the PXI which were in the brochure.

I personally think its too soon for Yammie to be introducing another larger engine. The elegance is only a couple of years out now and it gives it the highest cc and a range, for them to have another bigger model seems to me doubtful..

As the the honda guys "Honda number one" hmm well.. debatable.. But then in Thais minds it seems to be the case.

As the the honda guys "Honda number one" hmm well.. debatable..

If we are talking Elegance vs Airblade i would say highly debatable. Elegances seem to be everywhere. Airblades...well, sometimes i go days without seeing one.

To me the Airblade looks very dated now, and painting it orange and black does nothing to disguise that.

If we are talking Elegance vs Airblade i would say highly debatable. Elegances seem to be everywhere. Airblades...well, sometimes i go days without seeing one.

To me the Airblade looks very dated now, and painting it orange and black does nothing to disguise that.

I wish more people would agree with you, that way I would be able to get one at a sensible price !

To me it's a much nicer looking bike than either the PCX or, dare I say it........the Nouvo Elegance :)

I asked them WHY... :D

Robinsons

Thanks Robinsons for being just about the only one here who didn't try and treat me as some kind of moron :)

He meant in sales volume in Thailand and that in the average Thais eyes Honda was the number one company. What he said later can be interpreted different ways but the way I see it he was 1. Admitting Honda had the advantage over Yamaha because it had more popular acceptance but that Yamaha was the more innovative, aggressive company and that if given enough time it would overtake Honda in sales if Honda continued to rest on its laurels.

I wish more people would agree with you, that way I would be able to get one at a sensible price !

To me it's a much nicer looking bike than either the PCX or, dare I say it........the Nouvo Elegance :)

Agree, Airblade is good looking. Its just that yammy Elegance has stronger engine and auto, better brakes, larger wheels, longer wheelbase giving better legroom and longer seat, larger fueltank giving longer range and handles much better

Edited by katabeachbum

He meant in sales volume in Thailand and that in the average Thais eyes Honda was the number one company. What he said later can be interpreted different ways but the way I see it he was 1. Admitting Honda had the advantage over Yamaha because it had more popular acceptance but that Yamaha was the more innovative, aggressive company and that if given enough time it would overtake Honda in sales if Honda continued to rest on its laurels.

with 60% honda and 30% yammy its gonna take a while. Honda was pioneers on 4stroke. Now they are pioneers on Fi and doing almost as well as yammy on autos. They have a very strong position in LOS

I asked them WHY... :D

Robinsons

Thanks Robinsons for being just about the only one here who didn't try and treat me as some kind of moron :)

No Problem! :D

But i hope you believe me too,when i tell you that i can do tomorrow a Testdrive with the new Honda PCXI 125 by my Honda Dealer... :D

More about this later when i have done my testride.

I want to be one of the First who get one PCXI :D

Robinsons