Ssr Ride From Bangkok To Chiang Mai Bike Week, December 4th

BigBikeBKK

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also thats some serious company to keep with on the Ninja Tony..

Its not the bike... it's the rider. Can only speak for myself but at my level of riding a bigger bike wouldn't make me any faster. Better skillz would... I see vast potential for improvement. Limits on speeds are primarily visibility, followed by riding skills. Power of the bike used to be high up there at 250cc and below, but at 650cc, not anymore :D

Anyway it's not about how fast you go, it's about how much you enjoy doing it.

Some very nice angles on that video Tony :)

Ride on guys, wish I could join you on cm-prayao, it's high on my to-do list...

What happened to the bike on the truck?

She shat her chain :)

Talk about fortune though- this happened in the middle of nowhere and within minutes a jolly old fellow shows up in his pickup and drives the VFR800 all the way to Pitsanulok for a mere 1000 Baht. In Pitsanulok we are lucky enough to find a shop that has a 530 chain in stock and they install it in about 15 minutes. Job done, Ride On!

Woohoo!

A number of posts have been removed for off topic posting.

For the members who missed my last public announcement; Thai Visa is not the place to promote or encourage unsafe riding, namely riding at speeds well in excess of the speed limit. Members who ignore this will have their posts arbitrarily removed and/or warned.

Thai Visa is also not the place to air grievances, dirty laundry, settle feuds, or to publically villify other members.

Some pics from the Chiang Mai trip.. Enjoy

Great pics Dunder! Thanks for sharing and look forward to riding with you again soon!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Same same.. One of the best rides I have taken and with great company most of the time!

Cheers,

Johan

Thanks Tony,I think your giving me to much credit.But has Gerhard would say, WOW,it,s a pleasure riding with you guys. :)

Cheers Spud! You're being modest :D

It's a shame you weren't able to stick around for the last day and ride with Franz, another incredibly funny and insanely fast Austrian.

Great weekend and looking forward to the next one!

Happy Trails!

Tony

What happened to the bike on the truck?

She shat her chain :)

Talk about fortune though- this happened in the middle of nowhere and within minutes a jolly old fellow shows up in his pickup and drives the VFR800 all the way to Pitsanulok for a mere 1000 Baht. In Pitsanulok we are lucky enough to find a shop that has a 530 chain in stock and they install it in about 15 minutes. Job done, Ride On!

Woohoo!

Tony,

Derek told me that you guys sourced a 530 chain for the VFR fairly quickly. That must have saved a lot of grief.

Here's the last video I took with the tank mounted camera before it snapped off :D In front of me is Dunder on his ZX10R and in front of him is Frank and Spud on their Yamaha R1's. Sorry for the shaky video- guess the camera was about ready to go :)

This is the 1150 between Chiang Dao and Phrao. A beautiful road with some stunning views.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Here's the last video I took with the tank mounted camera before it snapped off :D In front of me is Dunder on his ZX10R and in front of him is Frank and Spud on their Yamaha R1's. Sorry for the shaky video- guess the camera was about ready to go :)

This is the 1150 between Chiang Dao and Phrao. A beautiful road with some stunning views.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Good video Tony. Glad to hear you got the bike on the pick up sorted out.

BTW. Is the camera Kaput?

Chasing Spud on his Yammie R1- He's taking it easy in this clip- wow, that guy can ride! :D

Happy Trails!

Tony

Love the video :) and that bike :D

hope i find some time for doing some trips soon...i am craving :D

ridingLOS

Wow - perfect 10 for style. This is like an road riding teaching video. Amazing. You should have trimmed the very end though, I can see you going around the corner on the wrong side of the road there, thai style.. :D

Cheers Biker Bob,

I was rather lucky, rather than falling off the bike and getting run over (like my last camera) :D this time the camera somehow bounced into the fairing and got wedged between the fairing and exhaust. I didn't even notice the camera was missing until Dunder spotted it hanging out from under the bike. :) Fortunately the memory card is still ok, but I forgot the camera at Frank's house so not sure if it still works... Need to start looking for a new bike cam- anyone have any recommendations?

Ride On!

Tony

Wow - perfect 10 for style. This is like an road riding teaching video. Amazing. You should have trimmed the very end though, I can see you going around the corner on the wrong side of the road there, thai style.. :D

Cheers Nikster,

Ha ha! Thai style! :) I would point out that I could see a lot farther into that corner than the camera which only looks straight, so could see that it was a safe place to pass. I generally try to avoid passing into blind corners!

Ride On!

Tony

We had the good fortune of hooking up with some GT Rider friends (Dougal, Franz and Marco) on the 6th and after a great evening by the side of the river in Nan they invited us along for a stunning ride on the 7th.

Thanks again Franz, Marco and Dougal! You guys are the BEST! :)

Don't forget about the New Year's ride to Sihanoukville, Cambodia! Can't wait!

Cheers Biker Bob,

I was rather lucky, rather than falling off the bike and getting run over (like my last camera) :D this time the camera somehow bounced into the fairing and got wedged between the fairing and exhaust. I didn't even notice the camera was missing until Dunder spotted it hanging out from under the bike. :) Fortunately the memory card is still ok, but I forgot the camera at Frank's house so not sure if it still works... Need to start looking for a new bike cam- anyone have any recommendations?

Ride On!

Tony

One lucky biker :D

Cheers Biker Bob,

Ride On!

Tony

Hi Tony,

here a recommendation:

It's a still camera and also does very decent video and it is waterproof http://www.underwatercamera.org.uk/fuji-fi...digital-camera/

Has a very clear picture on vid's and giving it a 4gb sdhc card shall give you more than enough video-recordingtime. In thailand i think its about 7000 thb.

ridingLOS

Hi Tony,

here a recommendation:

It's a still camera and also does very decent video and it is waterproof http://www.underwatercamera.org.uk/fuji-fi...digital-camera/

Has a very clear picture on vid's and giving it a 4gb sdhc card shall give you more than enough video-recordingtime. In thailand i think its about 7000 thb.

ridingLOS

Thank you very much ridingLOS!

I've a friend who is using a camera like the one you've described and I've seen some of the videos he's taken on his Tiger Boxer 250RS and they were quite good quality.

Price is right too! The last couple cameras I've killed were expensive! :)

Thanks again!

Tony

Hi Tony,

here a recommendation:

ridingLOS

Thank you very much ridingLOS!

I've a friend who is using a camera like the one you've described and I've seen some of the videos he's taken on his Tiger Boxer 250RS and they were quite good quality.

Price is right too! The last couple cameras I've killed were expensive! :)

Thanks again!

Tony

Yeah a vid-camera on the bike should do videos and not too expensive. To be honest the still pics this camera does is not that great...better for vid's . "tohome" sells it for 6690 thb....

ridingLOS

My camera is available for sale.

That's the little panasonic that Bard got for you, yeah? Decent image quality but I seem to recall it suffers very short battery life... Mind if I take it for a spin? Promise to buy it if I break it :)

How's the wrist? Hope to see you back in the saddle again soon!

T