Police Arrest Former Tpv

JimsKnight

All the people who are affiliated with either of the "farang" police organizations in town are pompous twits and wannabee cops. Most of them probably have criminal records and/or are involved with various shady activities around town (as their frequent arrests attest to) and hope to gain some veneer of credibility or protection from detection/prosecution by getting close to the police powers that be in town.

I find your remarks totally offensive and boardering on the libellous. I wonder Sir whether you would have the same courage to say this face to face to us so called criminals and wannabee cops with shady activities around the town. Sounds a bit like you have some hidden agenda about your own activitiies. Might I suggest that you investigate the workings of the TPV farangs and the invaluable service we give, not only to tourists but to the Royal Thai Police by assisting as PR officers in our best intentions to serve and protect the country to which we have chosen to live. There are those who think about helping and there are those who actually take the time and effort to provide some form of service in respect for a country, that at times despises the type of Farang who will not show respect for his country by his attire, loud mouthed behaviour or total lack of respect for their culture. Drinking and driving in my country is an offense and I think that Thai Visa should adopt the same laws to thnose who drink and type on this forum. If indeed you are not guilty of this crime, then it only highlights a lack of courtesy and breeding on your part.

Farang Buddha and londoean warned about posting flaming remarks in the Forum.

some post deleted.

Further derogatory or liableos remarks about Police Volunteers will earn the poster a suspension.

Hit and run as well, he was a busy lad.

During the early hours of 23rd December Pattaya police were notified that a foreign man involved in a road accident with a street vendor had fled the scene in his damaged truck. Officers went to the scene where apparently the man’s truck hit the side of a street vendors stall. Details were radioed out and a road block organised further along Beach Road, where 47 year old Jan Ogeborg from Sweden was eventually stopped in his white Toyota Vigo. On searching Ogeborg they found various ID including an out of date Tourist Police Volunteer Card. He was taken back to the police station where he was charged with reckless driving and fleeing the scene of an accident.

Pattaya People

Farang Buddha and londoean warned about posting flaming remarks in the Forum.

some post deleted.

Further derogatory or liableos remarks about Police Volunteers will earn the poster a suspension.

Libellous remarks ?

I recollect I posted that when I visited Walking Street I pitied them. Is that libelous ? If we cannot post fairly innocuous remarks about such a group as the FPV, then what's the point of an open forum ?

No it is not libellous. But you need to qualify your remarks of what you meant by "pitied them" And who do you mean by the "FPV

2"

Thank you for your version of "libellous"....Look up the word again in the oxford ENGLISH dictionary and read my post carefully. ThIS INDIVIDUAL made claims that we in the TPV were mostly people with criminal records, pompous etc...wannabee cops and were allegedely involved in shady dealings within our respective cities to futher our own aims. Who are you to sit in judgement and pity them... They do a good job..try and join the systen and then you attempt to be so sanctimonious about something you obviously know nothing regarding their responsibilities nor the free unpaid hours they give towards Thailand and this countrys community.

These many hours of unpaid volunteer work take us away from our families at night and require many unsociable hours. It is not a question of donning a uniform (that we pay for ourselves) to feel important....the uniform comes with the job of identification that tourists may turn to for assistance. There are of course those who wear it to improve their personal lack of security and self importance. But that is no different to all the posers out there who need to impress the world by talking about themselves or there personal achievements or talking about their material wealth and worldly achievements.

The phrase that"he is a legend in his own mind" comes to mind when I refer to the many self indulgement and self important Farangs who live here and do nothing but complain about this country. But yet do nothing and I mean nothing to contribute to this beautiful paradise, comnpared to the rest of the ill gotten andmaterialstic tax ridden western world.

At Least the majority of TPV personnel (Farang) have a proud perception of being a TPV and perceive it as an honour to have been selected to serve the country they have chosen to live in to display to the Thai Nation that not all farangs are here for dubious self centered reasons.

I unlike most people, do not hide behind an Avatar. My name is no different to my name in the TPV. I am, proud to provide a service to Thailand albeit in a small way.