Good Bicycle Shop In Pattaya?

Tokay

The saddle need to be so high so your leg is completely stretched in the down position,

its the hand bars you will want to adjust, up.

On your sore arse, this might help

This sort of bike you can't buy in Thailand. Only mountain and racing bikes for small people. 26" max. I imported a Centurion from Germany, 28" and 61cm frame. Doesn't get any bigger.

I think that despite being the smallest shop, LA bikes is the best. The stocky guy who owns it is one of the best repairmen I ever met, fixes at once when you come with a broken bike, and is absolutely reliable when he has to order a part, and you leave your bike at the shop. 2 days max. Bad luck when his deputy is in the shop, though, that one is incompetent. Can patch a puncture, and that's about it. Small collection of new bikes, always a couple of thousands cheaper than in SV nearby. I don't get along well with the woman of this shop, talking to her is like barking up a tree.

You are talking about Khun Theep who is one of the nicest and most polite people as well as being knowledgeable and very skilfull as you say. Seems to be able to do any job without blinking an eye thumbsup.gif

i am in patts right now and looking for something like this kinda of cheap:

wheels 28' will do. will go for 29' or 30' (someone doing this here?)

frame: giant or similar.

gears: grip-shift. shimano works for me.

brakes: whatsoever

any bargains out there?

Check out CH. Numchai on Sukhumvit Rd. They have a large selection of Giants and Haros with Shimano components, but if you are really tall then we have to special order.

I went to Numchai today, and yes they have a good selection, but the Lady in charge has a poor atttitude and really was not helpful at all, I wanted some good make new tyres, (Ie Kenda etc) she was just not interested.

I also wanted my disc brakes hydraulics bled, they were not willing to do, just said "buy new Shimano's...good price!"

SV bikes are smaller but much more helpful...a pity!

I agree - that woman at Numchai has an appalling attitude. I'll be refusing to deal with her in future.

But Neung is okay - as is the other guy (taller than Neung) who also deals with customers, speaks English, and is often around when Neung isn't.

Agreed that she has a very unpleasant attitude. I don't know what her problem is?

I have been waiting for a sparepart for my electric bicycle for 2 months now , Every time I call LA Gear there is no news .

I can understand the delivery problem but this part is made in Thailand so why can't they just give me a delivery date ? Very frustrating.

• 5 months later...

Just picking up on one or two comments from posters about various ladies at the shop on Thep and also at Numchais on Sukhumvit.

I too have wittiness stony, hard and unhelpful attitudes from these so called lady sales assistants.

Just what is their problem, its as though they actually hate their Farang customers, and I do not exaggerate, If I hadn't witnessed it myself I wouldn't have believed what I saw, and heard from them, they are almost antagonistic.

• 1 month later...

Just as a matter of fairness.

In the last couple of weeks have had occasion to go to the shop in Pattaya on theprasit road near Soi 8 and the young lady was helpful and smiling

First time for a new tyre ( in stock and cheaper than Numchai .)

Second time with a friend to buy a new bike

On both occasions the same lady was pleasant enough

On reflection I think that the lack of language and basic communication skills are possibly responsible for most of the perceived lack of interest

I could be wrong but as I said on the interest of fairness I felt the need to say what I experienced

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 3 months later...

Totally agree with 'Ungabunga's assessment of the bike shop on Threppasit - the girl there is one the most singularly miserable people I have ever encountered! They carry some good (quality) bikes, components etc - but the girls' attitude to customer service is abysmal! Every time I've been there she has been totally unhelpful - even unpleasant!

Despite this and against my better judgment I recently bought 2 inner tubes from them - the very next day I popped in on my way back from my morning ride as my bike computer was playing up. I asked if the mechanic could take a quick look at it - she disdainfully refused saying he 'was busy'!! (c'mon....just two minutes!) Will NEVER go there again and would strongly urge others to avoid the shop like the plague!

Edited by njoylife2000hk
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have 2 bikes that need new tubes and tires. Which shop would be the best bet for me to drop off the bikes and after selecting rubber, let them get on with the messy bit of changing them all?

Thanks,

NL

wherever you go and there are around 4 places in Pattaya proper they will fit tyres and tubes whilst you wait (normally)

But I noticed the other day whilst coming from Sattahip a new bike shop just before the traffic lights in Ban Sare whilst driving in the Pattaya direction.

The prices are all about the same , for good and quick service I generally go to NumChai's at the traffic lights at Naklua

The one where the lady is notoriously hostile on Thepprasit will do the work and I have found that she has a better selection than NumChai but because members have found her to be a bit surly on occasions its a bit of a lottery whether she will allow her mechanic to do the work for you, try the Thai way of smiling and being a little backward in coming forward and maybe she will be OK with you

Having said that I often shop there and have never had a problem with her at all, finding her not all over you but possibly a bit direct because her English is not the best in the world.

Couple that with the fact that she has to deal with so many overbearing and loud mouthed ExPats that she may like a lot of Thai people working adjacent to central Pattaya be a bit cynical in her attitude

I take it that you do know where all the bike shops are of course?

There is an old chap and his son also on Thepprasit but he doesn't carry too much stock but is great on setting up a bike and repairs

In other words I suppose it depends on where you live and the nearest shop to try first

Edited by n210mp

...The one where the lady is notoriously hostile on Thepprasit will do the work and I have found that she has a better selection than NumChai but because members have found her to be a bit surly on occasions its a bit of a lottery whether she will allow her mechanic to do the work for you, try the Thai way of smiling and being a little backward in coming forward and maybe she will be OK with you

Having said that I often shop there and have never had a problem with her at all, finding her not all over you but possibly a bit direct because her English is not the best in the world.

Couple that with the fact that she has to deal with so many overbearing and loud mouthed ExPats...

The "mechanic" is her husband; bicycle riders are "difficult" customers, worldwide... i know what i speak about... i only speak to her in Thai and it doesn't change her attitude, actually, i think she is perfect in the job she does... overbearing and loud mouthed ExPats... you should change ExPats into LycraLouds...

I have 2 bikes that need new tubes and tires. Which shop would be the best bet for me to drop off the bikes and after selecting rubber, let them get on with the messy bit of changing them all?

Thanks,

NL

wherever you go and there are around 4 places in Pattaya proper they will fit tyres and tubes whilst you wait (normally)

But I noticed the other day whilst coming from Sattahip a new bike shop just before the traffic lights in Ban Sare whilst driving in the Pattaya direction.

The prices are all about the same , for good and quick service I generally go to NumChai's at the traffic lights at Naklua

In other words I suppose it depends on where you live and the nearest shop to try first

Naklua is nearer home and I know where Numchai's appliance store and the traffic light is. I thought they were only an appliance seller? Or is it a bike shop beside Numchai electrical?

Thanks!

NL

Edited by NanLaew

Thanks,

NL

The one where the lady is notoriously hostile on Thepprasit will do the work and I have found that she has a better selection than NumChai but because members have found her to be a bit surly on occasions its a bit of a lottery whether she will allow her mechanic to do the work for you, try the Thai way of smiling and being a little backward in coming forward and maybe she will be OK with you

Couple that with the fact that she has to deal with so many overbearing and loud mouthed ExPats that she may like a lot of Thai people working adjacent to central Pattaya be a bit cynical in her attitude

I take it that you do know where all the bike shops are of course?

There is an old chap and his son also on Thepprasit but he doesn't carry too much stock but is great on setting up a bike and repairs

Naklua is nearer home and I know where Numchai's appliance store and the traffic light is. I thought they were only an appliance seller? Or is it a bike shop beside Numchai electrical?

Thanks!

NL

The same family but the bike shop which is the biggest in Pattaya is down Sukhumvit towards naklua.

The only problem is how to explain where it is when I dont know the road names

Its between Bangkok hospital and the Naklua Police station but on the right hand side going towards Bangkok

Maybe this link will help

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9675168,100.9104641,3a,75y,97.82h,87.2t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s7vQuzu9sYUjv7ME0Mujcjg!2e0?hl=en

This is a street map which you can play around with and get an idea but the big new shop is just about 20 Metres to the left of the old shop which is at the centre of the pic

Another good sign for you to look for is the "Imported foreign car company" which is on the left hand side at the traffic lights on Sukhumvit where you should turn right off Sukhumvit at and park up, for your info the Pattaya water offices are just up the road where you have turned right by about 1 Klik

Give me a PM for my phone number if you have any problems

Edited by n210mp

Numchai is on the Southbound carriageway on Sukhumvit just by the footbridge that crosses the road in Naklua

I think Rimmer that when on Sukhumvit in the direction of Bangkok after the traffic lights at Pattaya north road then the next set of traffic lights is where the bridge is that you describe in your post and just under that bridge on the right hand side which has a large "Pattaya city" sign on it together with a large clock is Numchai main cycle shop.

Also the car place I talked about in my previous post is the "Hybrid car import company" which is on the left at the traffic lights next to the Siam bank.

• 5 years later...

OK, where can I buy a bike for 500b just for getting to and cycling around different pubs. Is there an auction anywhere. do not want to pay a lot as may forget where i left it or have it stolen by more drunk than me! 

Edited by Badboldie
add