What No Rugby Forum!

All four Heineken Cup quarter-finals on Eurosport this weekend.

13 - 9 to Munster over Toulouse at Thormond Park at half-time, the score flatters Toulouse, and Munster have the wind in the second half and score in the second minute

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All four Heineken Cup quarter-finals on Eurosport this weekend.

13 - 9 to Munster over Toulouse at Thormond Park at half-time, the score flatters Toulouse, and Munster have the wind in the second half and score in the second minute

Final score 47 - 23 to Munster, Toulouse continue with their disappointing season, by their standards, lying sixth in the league, I suppose losing to second-placed Munster is no surprise.

Will the other two Irish sides make it through to the semi-finals?

SC

I think Stuart Hogg's sending off and Jarod Payne's sending off highlighted a change in the view on collisions in the air. It's the obligation of the second arriving player to make sure he does not hit someone in the air, and if they do not make sure that they don't, it's a red card. I think that is a much more difficult obligation to fulfil than, for example, the requirement to set a player down safely after lifting him in the tackle. And unfortunately, I think it will favour players who are reckless and quick over players who are perspicacious and quick

• 2 weeks later...

the 2 matches I saw,munster vs Toulouse and ulster vs Saracens rugby at its best,i did feel for ulster going so close with a man short for 75minutes.

what no taffs?

saw the replay mon.14apr.cheeters vs crusaders what a feast 83points scored,cusaders showing their class to lead 28-6 half time,only for the cheeters to come back and lead 31-28 before the crusaders stepped up a gear to run out

31-52 winners.oh that man reid player of the yr.2013,looks like he's on his way to being same same 2014.

I just watched the biggest load of pish since November 2012. I just watched Edinburgh get thumped by bottom side Zebre. Three missed penalties didn't help, but Edinburgh were shoved off their own scrum, had their lineout stolen two or three times and were lucky to get away with a 26 - 13 scoreline, as their attack swept from side to side like a windscreen wiper - Zebre now have more hope of qualifying for Europe, as they trail Treviso by only four points. Edinburgh have ten points to make up on Welsh side Scarlets to get two Scottish teams into the European Cup.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the League, Munster go second, above Glasgow, after a bonus point win over fellow emerald-islanders Connacht, who trail Edinburgh by a point. The two Scottish teams have a game in hand - the delayed second leg of the 1872 Cup - the oldest domestic fixture in the world - to be played next Saturday, on Heineken Cup Semi-Final Weekend

SC

After a disappointing thumping in Italy, Edinburgh scored two losing points at Scotstoun as Glasgow go 2nd in the league with their four-try bonus point win to clinch the 1872 Cup. Tim Visser scored twice, and set up another - the Flying Dutchman is most definetley back.

Elsewhere, Saracens soundly beat Clermont find their way to the final Heineken Cup Final

SC

After the drama at Barton on Irwell, Toulon prevail in Marseille against Muster to set up an all-red final against Saracens on 24th May, in Cardiff

munster were never at the races yet late on in the second half they could have gone in front[missed penalty] jonny missed one.so its Cardiff for the final I wish I was there,clarks pie,chips and gravy caroline street,oh and the match.

• 3 weeks later...

What a game!

What drama!

I've just watched a replay of the Montpelier - Castres semi-final. Drama all the way to the 100th minute, and Castres through to the final to defend their title against the international super-stars of Toulon - but first, Toulon have to defend their European crown against English finalists Saracens

SC

I'm chortling with glee and anticipation, and rubbing my hands to boot, at the prospect of the Heineken Cup live tomorrow night in Sid's (on the TV - the place isn't big enough for a game of fifteen a side on the premises).

Eurosport, 11 pm Thai

I'm worried it might interfere with my early morning Sunday cycle, though...

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

I'm chortling with glee and anticipation, and rubbing my hands to boot, at the prospect of the Heineken Cup live tomorrow night in Sid's (on the TV - the place isn't big enough for a game of fifteen a side on the premises).

Eurosport, 11 pm Thai

SC

never mind your early morning cycle we here have got no efing Heineken final and no champions league final in fact we got no efing all.

Eurosport, 11 pm Thai

SC

never mind your early morning cycle we here have got no efing Heineken final and no champions league final in fact we got no efing all.

wysiwyg may be able to help http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&discipline=rugby if you have a fast internet

Right, I've just seen Johnnie Wilkinson heading up to Sid's, so the game must be about to start. I'd better be heading off - I'm feeling a bit Oatesey, so I may be some time...

mate, watching this one kinda makes me glad i gave up at the right time.

my bones are feeling sore just spectating !

Astro's got all three finals on live. Saracens 6 - 0 Northampton at the moment, and at 1.15 this morning, Leinster - Glasgow; I've lined up four cans of Irn Bru in preparation.

I'm going to watch a recording of Castres - Toulon tomorrow

SC

Drama upon drama - the scores are level 14 apiece as Saracens are forced into touch as the clock turns red, and we're looking forward to extra time...

In the third minute Stephen Myler's penalty puts Northampton ahead.

In the sixth, Charlie Hodgson equalises

And in the third minute of the second half of extra time, Saracens break, penalty for a deliberate knock-on and Charge=-down Charlie Hodgson puts Saracens ahead again

Edited by StreetCowboy

And sustained pressure from Northampton sees the ball driven through the ruck and placed under a heap of bodies to score a try that clinches the game for Northampton.... and in about forty-five minutes, Leinster - Glasgow...

And sustained pressure from Northampton sees the ball driven through the ruck and placed under a heap of bodies to score a try that clinches the game for Northampton.... and in about forty-five minutes, Leinster - Glasgow...

I was too focussed to post during the game, and too distraught to post after - Leinster 34 - 12 Glasgow, Glasgow seemed to go to pieces, even senior players like Sean Lamont suffering from desperation

With the score at 20 12 with ten minutes to go, the Glasgow fans were silently praying for a miracle which never came

SC

Toulon vs castres what a game jw.had to bow out 18-10,so that's it for top 14 French rugby.dont know what eurosport have got for us,i don't care as long as I have not got to hear that commentator Robbie rock.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

bump !

start of the new domestic season back home and my lot Wasps ( not London Wasps ) as some would like them be known, take on the Fez head wearing oh look we think we've won everything already Sarries. bah.gif hmm loads of money, new stadium, artificial pitch rolleyes.gif , boring coach and still didn't win eff all last year. whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Good results for the Scottish teams, with wins over Leinster (Glasgow) and Munster (Edinburgh).

Not that I've been paying much attention, as the Other Code gets to the pointy end of the season, and five teams scrapping for 2nd place on the last weekend.

And the Asian Sevens at MBPJ Stadium, Kelana Jaya this weekend just past.

SC

I thought this would add a bit of humour to the thread.

The things blokes will do to get an all expenses paid trip to the 2015 Rugby world cup.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11322617

Travis McIntosh and Matt McCormick wrote their wedding vows yesterday, brimming with"nervous excitement" about their big day.

The Dunedin men will marry tomorrow, but their move has horrified gay groups.

The pair are heterosexual best mates.

Engineering student Mr McIntosh, 23, and teacher Mr McCormick, 24, will tie the knot to win a The Edge radio station competition and a trip to the 2015 Rugby World Cup in England.