Saving And Bank Interest

I am new to this forum and hope my question is not discussed before.

Which Thai bank offers a good Interest in Savings Accounts?

From time to time some banks offer special long term savings with a higher interest rate. But usually the infos are shown in Thai... :)

I am interested in 3 or 6 month saving. Presently I am with Bangkok Bank.

prepress

I recently invested in a Fund at the SCB with a return of 2.4% tax paid. Your money is locked up for 12 months but you can use it for your retirement visa. I get on well with the local manager and she tells me they regularly have good offers.

Worth looking at Kasikorn regularly - they often have 6/7 or 9 month offers. Also they have staff who are trained to be nice to foreigners.

Bangkok Bank seems to be particularly uninterested in offering special deals.

For 6 months you should be getting at least 1.25%

If you can wait as long as 24 months, Thanachart Bank (orange colour) has a good rate but not as many branches.

Hi

Obviously the answer to your question changes from one day to the next. You also don;t mention if you need the money on-call or are happy with a term-deposit arrangement. Some posters have already mentioned some current term-deposit deals ... also do a forum search here on the words term+deposit as there have been some useful discussions already about this topic... with regards to accounts held by non-thais and different policies for different banks (ie. as to whether they pay non-thais the same interest rates or not).

you also need to find one page in the bank of thailand web site that lists (and is updated) all current interest rates being paid by different banks ... www.bot.or.th I think and then search on bank+interest+rates or similar

More details in my recently released book "Your Investment Guide to Thailand" by Silkworm Books

www.silkwormbooks.com/catalog/info/investment-guide-thailand