Bkk To Utapao Flight

Isabellla

Cant think why you would want to fly BKK Utapao

its only 1200-1500 in a good car.

It can be around 400 baht just to get from Utapao into central pattaya.

Even if a flight existed it would probably still be quicker by car taking everthing into account.

There are no flights from Bkk to Utapao... A good car would be, something that has decent air conditioning, doesn't run on liquid gas, doesn't break down or make strange noises, has tinted windows, and is one color without white lettering all over...... :o

Not commercially viable for this route. Only 1hour 30 minutes to Bangkok and 2 hours airport. U Tapao to Pattaya 45 minutes. I'm happy they get next to no commercial traffic now as I live 5 minutes away. :o

There shouldn't be that much traffic before you reach motorway as long as your driver knows where he's going.

pLUTO

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

Please indicate which the best motorway to reach Pattaya and to get off the traffic jam.

I was told that there's a new motorway that only takes 1 hour 1/2 or less to reach Pattaya.

how much the prices for the trip by car (to book at airport arrival booth for instance)

WE would like to avoid the traffic jam.

I've been in Pattaya for many times.

You've mentioned about good car, what do you mean by a good car: :D  :D

Just come the same way as before Isabella. Hopefully the taxi driver will know the way. :o

Edited by thaiflyer1

Trust me he'll be going the fastest way since ride is a set price - it behooves him to save time/fuel.

1500-2000 BHT w/tolls/tip for a private taxi - could be less or more depending on who you book with.

Edited by britmaveric

Isabellla. You'd have a problem telling any thai taxi driver which way was easiest. In the past 2 years travelled a dozen times from the airport to Sattahip by taxi and by local thai transport. They all think they know best. A farang couldn't possibly know. :o Just close your eyes and have a sleep, you avoid the terrible driving. :D

WE would like to avoid the traffic jam.

I've been in Pattaya for many times.

You've mentioned about good car, what do you mean by a good car: :D  :D

Just come the same way as before Isabella. Hopefully the taxi driver will know the way. :o

Well, actually, in the past 6 months or so, they have pretty much finished the expressway out Rama IX (route to new airport) that turns into the Bangkok-Chonburi Motorway. At the same time, they have totally tore up the end of the expressway going to the elevated Bang Na-Trad toll way to Chonburi. So even though you head west of Bangkok, instead of south, and it slightly longer mileage wise, it can be quicker. Of course, because everyone is avoiding the Bang Na way out of Bangkok and clogging the other routes, going through Bang Na can be faster. It has become a crap shoot which is best, which is why you get so many opinions these days. :D

TH

Isabellla. You'd have a problem telling any thai taxi driver which way was easiest. In the past 2 years travelled a dozen times from the airport to Sattahip by taxi and by local thai transport. They all think they know best. A farang couldn't possibly know. :o Just close your eyes and have a sleep, you avoid the terrible driving. :D

thanks dRAGONMAN FOI THE ADVICE :D

bus: 198b

Thanks all.

I was quoted by an internet agent: the cost of private transfer from Bangkok Airport - Hotel in Pattaya is 1,700 Baht by car included petrol and toll way fee.

Does it worth?

HOw much it will be by those that have a booth right on in the arrival hall?

THanks

Isabella if your going to have some many problems getting to Pattaya and worry about a couple of hundred baht i would not bother coming. :o