St David's Day

millwall_fan

If you're Welsh, of Welsh ancestry, are from New South Wales or your name is David, you could qualify for a FREE bottle of Beerlao or Red Dragon Cocktail if you are one of the 1st 24 people into the Olde Bell on Loi Kroh Rd tonight anytime after seven.

whatever your name or natonality, theres a FREE* BBQ from 7.30pm onwards. We've got Kebabs, Steaks, Burgers, Livers, Grilled fish, Sweet potatoes, Crab stick Salad, Apple and Peanut Salad, plus a couple of spicier salads for those who like it hot!

Gwyl Dewi Sant Hapus! A chroeso i bawb (Cymro/Cymraes yn arbennig) nos yfory!

*All you have to do to qualify for the FREE BBQ is to spend a minimum of 250 baht on drinks

Im welsh, I've got welsh ancestry and I've been to New South Wales, but my name ai'nt David.

I would pop along for a free beer lao, just to be able to feel the joy of my welshness bringing me something more than a silly accent and a cynical disposition on life.

Unfortunately, Im back in the land of the sheep and the leak, so i will have to console myself with a flagon of turnip wine.

Thanks all the same.

Although not Welsh I will be happy to raise a glass to the "day"and wish them Chok Dee na Krub and Sawdee Jao... :D

Have visited the OId Bell on a number of occasions and rate it one of the BEST boozers in C.M.

Unfortunately wont be back in the "Mai" until....Friday night but a wee plate of Lava bread would go down with a pint of Heinee... :D ...yacki daa

Purely by co-incidence I had to visit the Dam over the weekend and spent most of my time in their Old Bell in Rembrant Square...nice one...and only 4.5 EU a pint.. :):D

Unfortunately wont be back in the "Mai" until....Friday night but a wee plate of Lava bread would go down with a pint of Heinee... :) ...yacki daa

The best place for lava bread is on the plate, coz if it goes in my mouth its gonna end up down the toilet. Id rather eat those salty cockroaches, or dafodils, even.

Can you get Lava bread in chiang mai? Shall i start a thread on it? Will it be as popular as a Best burger thread?

Will try Olde Bell next time I get back

No Welsh connection whatsoever.....but if the atmorsphere and welcome are as good as when I watched the rugby on Saturday then it is bound to be great fun.

Maybe if I turned up with a leek I'll get one of those free beers :)