Dismissed With 6 Months Left On Contract?

Hi,

I have been a long time reader periodically over these forums, never had the urge to post but now I find myself in a situation where I cannot find specific advise in the TV search function.

A brief history, in AUG 08 was offered a sales job for a Chinese steel firm, much of the sales were to abroad but they though a office in BK would help with expansion into this region. Basically, expansion into Thailand didn’t work, the restrictions and inefficiencies and red tape and bribes required locally to conduct normal business made it not worth the effort for the company to continue to pursue the Thai market. Everything else that was operationally controlled form the BK office could easily go back to China. I believe they may keep a office open here with minimal staff, possible just a couple of Chinese family members. So hear I am effectively redundant, these things happen, that I am not to worried. To say it simply, I am very annoyed with their lies in the lead up to it. I am also wondering where I stand with Thai immigration.

Facts,

Other Expat staff were told more than a month before of their redundant date.

I kept asking if I am in the same boat, they kept avoiding answering me. I have since found out due to in my contract it was a 12 month contract with a clause of 3 months to be paid out if they make me redundant. Last week, 3 days before the others were redundant, I entered the boss office demanding to know what is happening, she told me I am going with the rest of the staff. Amongst other things I signed some forms in Thai. One turns out to be my resignation, She 100% lied to me what it was. Was it stupid, yep, that I concede, but it was common practice to just sign Thai forms in that office. After I demanded a copy of contract, she completely refused.

To me it is only decent to treat someone the way they are meant to be treated. Looks like I have been ripped off. They are still trading here in BK. My understanding is that if I take it further it will be a messy long drawn out affair, I am not looking to make waves as such. I have just been stranded with 3 days notice when they told everyone else more than a month before and then did the dirty on my, (I was the only one with a 3 months clause apparently). I wish to look for new work in Thailand, I am not sure where I stand with my work permit. Can I ask them to extend it out till August so I can do a trip back home and change it to another employer?

Will immigration have a copy of my contract?

I have a work permit till August 2010

I need to do the 90 day report in the next week and don’t want to put my foot in it.

As a long-time lurker, I'm sure you've read the rules regarding posting the same subject in several forums :)

Since you've already got a thread on this subject running in Visas, I'll close this duplicate.