90 Day Reporting

barney2805

Hello I am a relative Newbie and I am in the UK at the moment I have just got my first Non Immigration O, I am single and reading various posts I am unsure if I have to go to the local Immigration Office or a border run for the 90 Day reporting, if someone could put me straight, many thanks for help

Immigration Office in Chiang mai is outside the Airport.... You dont do border runs. Only people on tourist visa do border runs.

Along with reporting to Immigration.. you need the required papers to extend your visa. Whatever paper work you sent in to get your O visa... you'll need a new set when you report.

http://www.thaivisa.com/278.0.html

Edited by Yunnie

Immigration Office in Chiang mai is outside the Airport.... You dont do border runs. Only people on tourist visa do border runs.

Along with reporting to Immigration.. you need the required papers to extend your visa. Whatever paper work you sent in to get your O visa... you'll need a new set when you report.

http://www.thaivisa.com/278.0.html

As Yunnie mentioned, you must have your visa extended first. The link provided has some of the ways to extend a Non-O visa but there are many other ways as well. From what I've seen, most people on Non-O visas extend their visas based on retirement or as a volunteer.

After your visa is extended, you start to do the 90 days checkin. If you have not extended your visa, the 90 day checkin is irrelevant because your visa will expire.

While the above is correct as far as the location of the immigration office, some people on non immigrant visas most certainly do border runs. For example suppose you got a double-entry non immigrant visa. When the first entry is used up, you need to go out of Thailand and cross back in to use the second entry.

Also: 90 day reporting is separate from extending your stay. If you're on a one year extension then you don't need to extend your visa every 90 days obviously, just do the 90 day reporting. Note that you don't have to do this in person, and it may even be possible to do it onine. (not sure)

While the above is correct as far as the location of the immigration office, some people on non immigrant visas most certainly do border runs. For example suppose you got a double-entry non immigrant visa. When the first entry is used up, you need to go out of Thailand and cross back in to use the second entry.

Also: 90 day reporting is separate from extending your stay. If you're on a one year extension then you don't need to extend your visa every 90 days obviously, just do the 90 day reporting. Note that you don't have to do this in person, and it may even be possible to do it onine. (not sure)

I was under the impression that ALL Non-O visas were single entry. I know that Non-B visas can be multi-entry but the OP says that it's a Non-O. Does anyone actually have a multi (or even double) entry Non-O visa? I wouldn't recommend a border run on a Non-O as your visa would be invalid afterwards (unless I'm told otherwise about the double/multi entry).

Edited by earlofwindermere

I have the Non-Immigrant O-A multi entry visa. I can do a 90 day check in at the Chiang Mai Immigration office or I can leave and return to Thailand every 90 days getting my check in at the border as I return. Because I like to travel around Southeast Asia a bit, I find the multi entry visa to be the best option for me.

BB

Thanks BarnacleBob.

I am assuming that it is a Non-O Visa and then you purchased a re-entry stamp?

I guess that there are too many options. The OP needs to tell us more details before we can suggest. I always thought that Non-O visas were all 90 days. The visa then had to be extended to one year and then the 90 day reporting started.

Edit: Nevermind. I just found a link about the Non O-A visa. I was mistaken. Apparently holders of this visa are given one year right away. LINK

Edited by earlofwindermere

90 day reporting applies to everyone regardless of visa type. As many people only get 90 days stay, they never get to the point where they have to do the 90 day reporting because they're out of the country by then, and return on their next entry.

That it applies to the OP means that he's staying longer than 90 days. 90 day reporting can be done at any immigration office during regular government business hours.

As already has been pointed out, you only do 90 day reports if you are staying 90 days or longer. In case of the OP, if he will get an extension of stay from immigration. The first time he will apply for an extension of stay will be considered his first 90 day report, he now has to report every 90 days after that day, to the immigration office where you did your extension of stay. (reporting can also be den by mail)

Every time Op leaves the country, the clock for the 90 day reporting gets reset. The day he returns will start the clock from day 1.

When leaving while on an extension of stay, OP needs a re-entry permit to keep his permission to stay in Thailand valid.

I always thought that Non-O visas were all 90 days. The visa then had to be extended to one year and then the 90 day reporting started.

Edit: Nevermind. I just found a link about the Non O-A visa. I was mistaken. Apparently holders of this visa are given one year right away. LINK

I had a multiple entry Non-O visa (not Non O-A) issued in Singapore 2 years ago. I traveled/did visa runs every 90 days or less for a year before getting my 1 year extension.

Many thanks everybody I have checked I paid £100 in Hull Consulate for a one year Multiple Entry Non Imm O Visa, I just wanted clarification, its my first time not having a Tourist Visa. and wanted to know if I can just go to the local Immigration office in CM, rather than a border run.

Many thanks everybody I have checked I paid £100 in Hull Consulate for a one year Multiple Entry Non Imm O Visa, I just wanted clarification, its my first time not having a Tourist Visa. and wanted to know if I can just go to the local Immigration office in CM, rather than a border run.

No.

You have to do a border every 90 days.

Do your final one just before the Visa expires and you will get another 90 days making a total of almost 15 months.

If you have a 1 year multiple entry Non-O visa, you will be given a 90 day stay when you arrive and you have 2 options: 1) When your 90 days in the country are almost up you can go to immigration and apply for a 1 year extension (assuming you meet the requirements). They will give a temporary extension of stay while they evaluate your application. Once the year-long extension is granted then you have to check in at immigration every 90 days, or send in the address report form by mail. 2) You can do visa runs every 90 days or less up to the "Enter Before" date on your visa.

You can not, however, come into Thailand, stay 90 days and then simply go to immigration to report your address. As others have mentioned, 90 reporting only applies to those with year+ extensions to their visas. Border runs (nowadays) are for those with multiple entry visas where each entry gives you permission to stay in the country 90 days or less.

• 1 year later...

With proof or residence in CM you should be OK, but might be required to change your official address to CM and change it again when you return to Pattaya.

Aletrnatively you could send your 90 day report by registered mail to Pattaya with your Pattaya adress as return address.

If you go to CM immigration, go a few days before the due date, allowing time to report by mail if CM refuse.