Bars Being Demolished Between Soi 8 And Police Station

thaibeachlovers

Anyone know what's going to be built there?

Beer bars? God knows Pattaya needs more beer bars.

The original beers bars on the corner of second and beach road were torn down back in the nineties only to be replaced by more beer bars. Shame really as the originals had a bit of character about them, like the roof leaked. :)

jingthing

re .... Beer bars out. Fish spas in. And so it goes ...

and chiang mai is exactly the same.

there are dozens of empty fish spas here in chiang mai

you want to buy a reduntant fish tank comple with fish ?

there are dozens in chiang mai today... all empty !

dave2

On my vist in October was told by lady working at Poppy2 opposite that the bars where to close after Songkran,to make way for another bar complex being built between beach road and Flipper Lodge Hotel.

On my vist in October was told by lady working at Poppy2 opposite that the bars where to close after Songkran,to make way for another bar complex being built between beach road and Flipper Lodge Hotel.

Yep that was what I was told too.... they are in process of making the bars more pleasant looking rather than the tired old look we've had for many years.

There will always be plenty of room for sleaze in Pattaya ...

Heh, yeah but as they're demolishing the bars in the end there may be no bars to find girls for the sleeze. :)

(Ok, no need to comment, I know that won't happen until hel_l freeze over)

Edited by Phil Conners

What I'm telling for years now, is that this is al part of a scheme to turn Pattaya into a family-holiday destination:

- every bar between the Beach and 2nd Road will have to move to areas between 2nd road and 3rd road

- Walking Street will become a boulevard a la Monaco, Nice, Cannes with a new Marina

- Soi Bukhaow will become the new Walking Street

- the stretch of land between the Beach and 2nd Road will be occupied by high end hotels, shopping malls, condominiums etc.

- no more (sleazy) bars in that area.

What I'm telling for years now, is that this is al part of a scheme to turn Pattaya into a family-holiday destination:

- every bar between the Beach and 2nd Road will have to move to areas between 2nd road and 3rd road

- Walking Street will become a boulevard a la Monaco, Nice, Cannes with a new Marina

- the stretch of land between the Beach and 2nd Road will be occupied by high end hotels, shopping malls, condominiums etc.

I heard this story a few years back from a hotel GM. He said the hotel owner with a few others had a meeting with the last Mayor and he said this would happen. But there was no mention of the bars moving from walking street

Every thai official knows that what Pattaya needs is more shopping malls and more hotels. So more tourists will come to Pattaya to go shopping. Thai logic.

...and "luxury" condos.

Apparently somebody in City Hall said one day "Pattaya needs more condoms" but the Mayor heard "condos"...hence the furious rate of condo developments :)

view talay 13 ...unlucky ? what was so unlucky about View Talay 4 ??? it never ever happened.

How about a high rise with Tailors and laundries on the ground floor and internet cafes on the next, hair salons on the next, 7/11 next, family marts next, Top Charoen Opticians, Bookazines, coffee shops, Pizza places, MacDonalds, KFC and then top it off with boxing ring bars on the very high floors so ex-pats can fling them selves off immediately after entering into a relationship instead of dragging it out for days/weeks/months etc.....or am I the ultimate cynic.....?

will this be before or after they fill the holes in the sidewalks?

Edited by rafval

^heard same rumour decade or more ago. Fact is there will be bars on beach/2nd road full stop. Rumour also stated walking street as you proceed up it to the right would be completely demolished and full view of the bay/beach ect would be given. I'm sure the hundreds of business(s) will let that happen. :)

Every thai official knows that what Pattaya needs is more shopping malls and more hotels. So more tourists will come to Pattaya to go shopping. Thai logic.

Perhaps they saw that Kevin Costner film about the baseball field, and really believe that if you build it they will come!

I just hope that whatever they build, it can easily be converted to nicer bar beers.

^heard same rumour decade or more ago. Fact is there will be bars on beach/2nd road full stop. Rumour also stated walking street as you proceed up it to the right would be completely demolished and full view of the bay/beach ect would be given. I'm sure the hundreds of business(s) will let that happen. :)

City Hall has been trying to demolish the places on the seaward side of Walking Street for almost as long as I've been coming to Thailand. Considering there are a lot of new places built and under construction there, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.