Capturing Tv Programs To My Pc

bdenner

I subscribe to both UBC and PSI but like most of you spend too much time at my local therefore missing some sport or other programs.

Is there a method by which I can capture, convert and store analogue video/audio from the output ports on the satellite converters to my PC in say *.avi or *.mpg format. If the program is worth saving I’d burn a CD later.

The last thing I need is another “black box” ---- VCR and it’s storage media. At last count there was 8 remotes scattered around the house for all the different hardware in the joint!!!

Thanks

Take a trip to Pantip.

Top floor (across the void). At the far left end. Lots of solutions to your problem, internal (PCI), external (USB 1 or 2), laptop (PCMCIA), with or without tuners.

Should be something to suit your application and budget.

Take a trip to Pantip.

Top floor (across the void). At the far left end. Lots of solutions to your problem, internal (PCI), external (USB 1 or 2), laptop (PCMCIA), with or without tuners.

Should be something to suit your application and budget.

On my list of things to do next time in BKK. Couldn't find anything or get any sense out of the stores in the Robinsons IT complex in Udon.

If you want quality and the ability to time your recordings, you would need an internal AV-in PCI card (you do not need a TV tuner). It would probably cost around 800-2,000 baht. The card will have a RCA-jack to attach to the video-out output from your TV or decoder, and you attach the audio-out to your soundcard. It might come with software for timed recordings, or you can find some to download/buy.

If you want quality and the ability to time your recordings, you would need an internal AV-in PCI card (you do not need a TV tuner).  It would probably cost around 800-2,000 baht.  The card will have a RCA-jack to attach to the video-out output from your TV or decoder, and you attach the audio-out to your soundcard.  It might come with software for timed recordings, or you can find some to download/buy.

I used to use a tv card i got in FOR 1300(THEY ARE 999 NOW) WITH REMOTE. opps caps,.

A program like pvr will let you watch tv and schedule to record what ever channel easy enough.

A dvd recorder would definatly be better.

THey are like 150$ in usa but probably differnt format.