Forum Issues And Suggestions

sbk

Soemtimes when I go to "view new content" I instead get a list of users with the options to view their profile.

Mikey, I seriously doubt most posters here are working expats. If posters are expats, shouldn't they be doing work instead of surfing and posting on a forum? I know if someone was working for me and bitching about a forum when they should be working, I wouldn't be too happy, unless that was his/her job to surf the forum.

This happens when you look at a profile and then view new content.

View posts and you will see new posts.

Not in my case as viewing profiles isn't something I do. However come to think of it, maybe it happens after sending a pm, although why this bug would exist is beyond me.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Feedback survey is not working here with FireFox and a MacBook. I start it, and all I get is a bar with some dates on it and no other text. Tried several times with the same result. Would love to complete it, but hitting "No Thanks" to get rid of the yellow question frame.

SUGGESTION:

Can we show more posts in the newly added posts panel on the home page? Best of all would be to make it customisable so you can show as many or as few as you like, as you can in many RSS panels, e.g. iGoogle.

Edited by dantilley

Is it just my computer or is ThaiVisa slower since the upgrade, and at certain times during the day/night much slower.

I know you probably thinking it's just my internet connection, but this slowness problem stared with the ThaiVisa upgrade and I'm not experiencing slowness with the other websites I visit. It's ThaiVisa specific. This slowness also causes other problems like posts sometimes failing to add because it seems like the connection with ThaiVisa timed out or something. I frequently also endup back at the main forum topics pages when I've clicked on a link that should take me right to the specific subtopic post. Twice this morning I also got links which said basically said the forum was down/undergoing maintenance but reference the 6 June upgrade date....I click refresh the page a few times and then I seem to get through to the forum. Is the ThaiVisa still on the same server, able to handle as many connections as before, etc? I've cleared/deleted my temp files, cookies, pressed Ctrl-F5, etc., numerous times since the ThaiVisa upgrade, but above problems continue.

Now, before I hit Post I'm going to copy this into memory as the Post may not ad / I'll get an error and I will have to repost it. Seems to happen about 10% of the time now since the upgrade...before the upgrade, it rarely, rarely happened. Cheers.

P.S. After posting above about 25 minutes ago, I then started getting below error when I clicked on any main topic link. Since the Forum Isses if now back, I will try to quickly post before loosing connections to subposts again.

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#404] Sorry, we could not locate the page you are requesting to view. Please click here to return back to the forum's home

Useful Links

Read more: Board Message http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/thai-language#{__sep__}f43#ixzz0r545CvgA

Edited by Pib

Can you make attachments open in a new window like before so that we can navigate to other parts of the Forum while waiting.

The new method of opening the attachment over the existing window blocks navigating away and it takes ages to load the image.

Can you make attachments open in a new window like before so that we can navigate to other parts of the Forum while waiting.

The new method of opening the attachment over the existing window blocks navigating away and it takes ages to load the image.

Totally agree, it looks fancy but it is actually not a good functionality, please revert to old style if possible

When I receive an email notification of a new post in a given topic if there's a quote in there it appears like this :

goldfinger has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Marrying A Thai Lady".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

------------ QUOTE ----------

-----------------------------

Yes...... another TROLL

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic can be found here:

Marrying A Thai Lady - Thailand Forum

Note - the actual quote which should appear between the dashed lines is missing - on the webpage it is there as normal so the posts 'body' isn't being included in the email.

I'm glad you followed my suggestion from last year and included the subject line in the emails - it really helps me decide which emails to read or ignore.

Having a problem this morning... I am logged in. I click "watch this topic", and am asked to log in again. I log in, and the same thing happens again. This is happening on several machines.

Can you make sure you have Thaivisa cookies saved? What browser are you using?

Yes, cookies are saved. I am using Firefox 3.6.3 in Linux Mint.

What I determined is the problem only happens when trying to follow certain topics. I was trying to follow I'M An American Getting Social Security And Living In Chiang Mai - Thailand Forum and I have the log-in issue. Other topics I can follow no problem. :)

Yeah, I hate this. there should be an option, "open attachment in new page" bizzo.

Yes, cookies are saved.  I am using Firefox 3.6.3 in Linux Mint.

What I determined is the problem only happens when trying to follow certain topics.  I was trying to follow I'M An American Getting Social Security And Living In Chiang Mai - Thailand Forum and I have the log-in issue.  Other topics I can follow no problem.  :)

Definitely something strange going on here.  I am having the same problem when using Opera.  Also noticed I get logged out when I click on "My Settings".

Yes, cookies are saved.  I am using Firefox 3.6.3 in Linux Mint.

What I determined is the problem only happens when trying to follow certain topics.  I was trying to follow I'M An American Getting Social Security And Living In Chiang Mai - Thailand Forum and I have the log-in issue.  Other topics I can follow no problem.  :D

Definitely something strange going on here.  I am having the same problem when using Opera.  Also noticed I get logged out when I click on "My Settings".

Sorry about adding a reply here......... I cannot reply to Topic.. All I get is 'You Do Not have permission to reply to this Topic'

Also clicking on 'View New Contents' = Sorry, no new content found. :D:) HAVE tried for over 3 hours but NO new content found ???????????????

Still re emails click on the link often takes you to a very old topic which has nothing to do with the reply to a post you are following

Posted an answer on a topic, but when trying to see the follow up I am denied access to that topic with a board message: "[#10344] You do not have permission to view this topic".

Am able to see the preview , first and last message, but no access to the topic in the regular way.

Greetzzzzz

Carib, can you please give me the link to the topic?

Sorry for my late reply George, but cannot give you a link since I cannot enter the topic. Got a PM concerning this topic from another member, and was told the topic had been removed....

Looking at "my content", I can see the topic`s title on a red background. Is this an indication of a topic which was removed?

Greetzzz

C

Issue.

Issue no 1 I have just spent the last twenty mins logging in only to be signed out again before i could reply here.

Issue no 2 The post numbering on some topics is incorrect.

an example here.

American Arrested On Child Sex Charges In Chiang Mai - Thailand Forum - Page 4

Look at page 4 and the post numbers, Then go to page 5 and the post numbers are lower than page 4

Issue no 2 The post numbering on some topics is incorrect.

an example here.

American Arrested On Child Sex Charges In Chiang Mai - Thailand Forum - Page 4

Look at page 4 and the post numbers, Then go to page 5 and the post numbers are lower than page 4

You are not wrong.

I'm happy you agree, I was beginning to think I needed another visit to the opticians lol

"Post Preview" off the top of the screen

This problem occurs in Firefox, not in Internet Explorer.

Description:

When adding a reply, after clicking on "Preview Post" only the last line of my post is visible at the top of the screen. I have to scroll up to see it all plus the original post I am quoting, if any.

In IE, this does not happen - the top of the page is at the top of the screen and the "Post Preview" box starts about half way down the screen.

Thoughts:

1. If I recall correctly, the thick blue "Post Preview" line used to be at the top of the screen in Firefox, which logically is where it ought to be.

2. This may be just a problem with my Firefox setup.

Having attached one screen-shot (ppprob.jpg), the Post Preview is now completely off the top of the screen - see screen-shot "ppprob2.jpg.

Screen-shot "ppprob3.jpg" shows where I think the Post Preview line ought to be after clicking the Preview Post button.

post-35489-059894100 1276946644_thumb.jp

post-35489-079910400 1276947022_thumb.jp

post-35489-010295800 1276947376_thumb.jp

Why are the post numbers on this page totally messed up?

Page 13 goes from 301 to 325 (as normal) and then follows on to 326, 327 335 and then page 14 goes back to post 326 again but this is a different post

I am using Firefox 3.6.3 under Windows XP

Why are the post numbers on this page totally messed up?

Page 13 goes from 301 to 325 (as normal) and then follows on to 326, 327 335 and then page 14 goes back to post 326 again but this is a different post

I am using Firefox 3.6.3 under Windows XP

second that; post # completely mixed up. Also Firefox' latest and Windows Vista.

LaoPo

I keep getting logged off while either trying to post or after pushing the 'view new content' key.

Yes, just happened to me twice in the last few minutes after being logged in all day, also View New Content. George is aware of it.

Cannot see the pages of this topic (before shows 14, now only 9, bottom left). I don't want to read everything so could be somebody already has this problem.

I use to red TV mostly by "View new content", but is a mess! Most of time it just show me a page, or nothing at all ( no new entries). If I'm lucky I can go to page 2, 3 or 4, the first few topics are the same every page and after start the old one. Very unpractical if you did.

Most of time when I want to read a topic TV log me out, so I must log in again, and again.

Personally I don't like on the "post information" the write "one minute ago" "2 minutes ago" but much more useful the real time, like 18.30 19 june 2010 (like the old TV)

It's all, but for my TV habits, very annoying.