Why is the Bath rate quoted in the TV form is always inaccurate. I just checked it says 31.26 Bath for $1 and I know I can get at min 32.07 for $1 in MBK from all the banks there

I would be good of they check the bank rate when reporting the rates

As "noted" on the very top of the TV exchange rate page, the rates shown are "mid-market" rates. This means the rates are neither "buy" rates nor "sell" rates, but rates derived from mid-point between the buy and sell rates of many banks and consisting of cash, sight bills, TT, etc., exchange rates. Basically, it gives you an average, in the ball park figure.

To get an accurate/at home base exchange rate of the day/minute, you need to look at the "buying" rate (assuming you are exchanging your home country currency for baht) of whatever currency instrument (cash, traveler's check, TT, etc) at whatever specific institution (bank XYZ, etc) you will be using to determine what your actual exchange rate will be. And this rate will change throughout the day.

Recommendation: go to the currency exchange web page of whatever bank you normally exchange your currency at (and/or routinely comes really close to whatever exchange business you use), and use that web page's buying rates to get you real close to home base before you run off and exchange your currency.

Edited by Pib