Walking Boots

woralak

Can anyone tell me where i can buy some decent walking boots size 11(UK),i think thats about a 46 over here,i want them for the motorbike,i did buy some proper m/bike boots but they were so heavy i couldn't walk so good for a cupal of days,anyway they have gone to a good home,walking boots were suggested by a friend,if any of the members have other suggestions they would be welcome,somewhere local (the Rai) would be better if thats possible.

I've put a lot of work into this problem, also being large of foot.

All I can suggest is you search the sports stores in Chiang Mai. Airport Plaza has a few.

There's one in the main street here, near the bus station, you could try asking them to order them.

I think there is a trip to Chiang Mai in your future. I haven't found any suitable boots in CR. CM has several surplus stores near Gecko Books. The stores face the moat. Pretty good selection of military/police style boots and they are the new styles; light, composite materials There are no bargains there; the prices are the same as in the real world but the products are genuine. The boots are new and good brands with high quality soles.

I think there is a trip to Chiang Mai in your future. I haven't found any suitable boots in CR. CM has several surplus stores near Gecko Books. The stores face the moat. Pretty good selection of military/police style boots and they are the new styles; light, composite materials There are no bargains there; the prices are the same as in the real world but the products are genuine. The boots are new and good brands with high quality soles.

I've never bought or found a decent pair of shoes or boots here. There must be some I suppose, but maybe we have different shaped feet. There's also no real market for Walking boots here. I'd order some online in the UK, there are some real bargains occasionally. and get someone to bring them over , or even post them.

Send a pm to Ulysses G. prior to going. He can steer you to his book shop (Gecko) and from there, he can steer you in the direction of the surplus stores. He's a good guy to meet anyway while you're in CM.

I've put a lot of work into this problem, also being large of foot.

All I can suggest is you search the sports stores in Chiang Mai. Airport Plaza has a few.

There's one in the main street here, near the bus station, you could try asking them to order them.

Cheers Scead,looks like CM is beckoning.

Send a pm to Ulysses G. prior to going. He can steer you to his book shop (Gecko) and from there, he can steer you in the direction of the surplus stores. He's a good guy to meet anyway while you're in CM.

Thanks Kd,talk soon.

I've never bought or found a decent pair of shoes or boots here. There must be some I suppose, but maybe we have different shaped feet. There's also no real market for Walking boots here. I'd order some online in the UK, there are some real bargains occasionally. and get someone to bring them over , or even post them.

Cheers Jubbs.

I travel from the uk to Thailand about 6 times per year and id happily accept a delivery to my uk address and bring them over to Thailand for you.

I travel from the uk to Thailand about 6 times per year and id happily accept a delivery to my uk address and bring them over to Thailand for you.

Thank you very much for your kind offer,i will pursue the info i have received from our other members ref Chiang Mai,but i may take you up on your offer if all else fails,again thank you very much,if your ever passing through Chiang Khong PM me and you would be welcome to call in for a cuppa or another type of light refreshment.

Thank you very much for your kind offer,i will pursue the info i have received from our other members ref Chiang Mai,but i may take you up on your offer if all else fails,again thank you very much,if your ever passing through Chiang Khong PM me and you would be welcome to call in for a cuppa or another type of light refreshment.

Light refreshments sounds good!! im traveling tomorrow so thats too late, but im also traveling to Thailand on the 1st september and im planning on being in CR a few days later. Offer still stands.