If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

7 hours ago, transam said:

always wondered why Stephen Stills wore that dumb cowboy hat...but if we refer back to the Sunset Strip riots of 1966 (the muse for the song) we can see why...I was there in Dec 1966 having been given a brief reprieve from my forced exile to Bolivia and the current fashion was fake lambskin coats, cowboy boots, levis and Honda 305 Scrambler motorbikes...

I was properly attired in a coat and tie (in medieval south american fashion) and admired the barbarian display...the purpose for my exile from Southern California was having it's desired effect...of course when I returned fer good a year later I quickly resumed my place as part of the mob and got busted fer dope and everything...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

always wondered why Stephen Stills wore that dumb cowboy hat...but if we refer back to the Sunset Strip riots of 1966 (the muse for the song) we can see why...I was there in Dec 1966 having been given a brief reprieve from my forced exile to Bolivia and the current fashion was fake lambskin coats, cowboy boots, levis and Honda 305 Scrambler motorbikes...

I was properly attired in a coat and tie (in medieval south american fashion) and admired the barbarian display...the purpose for my exile from Southern California was having it's desired effect...of course when I returned fer good a year later I quickly resumed my place as part of the mob and got busted fer dope and everything...

Sometimes Neil got to wear the cowboy outfit and hat, (was it the same one?)

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

Sometimes Neil got to wear the cowboy outfit and hat, (was it the same one?)

a mate at the time said of Neil Young when he useta wear a fringe jacket on stage with B Springfield: 'the dude's weird, man...he looks like an indian (native american) and plays with his back to the audience...'

a missionary 'folk group' came and played at my school in Bolivia for the little missionary school children in 1965 and I approached and said: 'hi, I'm from California...' and they said: 'suuuure you are...' and they played this song that's a favorite of Neil Young's..

I guess that I looked 'too bolivian'...

look out, grim white men on horseback...folks in latin america have been wary of that scenario since Hernan Cortez and his pirates landed in the Yucatan in 1517...

• Like 1