Banks Open On The 12Th?

Open or not, you can do it over the phone. Look up the bank's homepage which usually features a four-digit service number. Call them and tell them to cancel the ATM-CARD only; i.e. not to close the account. Ask for the name of the employee answering the phone and note it down.

Despite my request the wanted to close down my account (with automatic debit instructions etc. running); latter would have created havoc and running around for two, three working days again. Only upon my threat to the branch manager, that I would move my money to another bank the agreed to re-open the old account and just cancel the ATM-card (as I initially requested). I was only successfull because I could state the exact time and the name of the employee and my reference to the fact, that a big bank surely would "monitor/tape-record all calls" and for sure had the tapes of that call 24 hours ago.

It then takes a police report, i.e. see the local yocals in brown and tell them you lost it around the corner. Ensure enough copies (one for each and every card you might have lost; if your valet disappeared, it also applies to driving licenses etc.). If you just lost the ATM-card, then it suffices to report in person with bank book and passport. Easiest are credit cards; call, block and wait 24 hours to get a new one (which is chargeable).

Ah, I forgot to mention, the bank I am referring to further up was the Bangkok Bank. Good luck!

I have not required a police report for a lost ATM card at Bangkok Bank and received new card immediately with no such threats or even suggestions. I did cancel card by automated phone first. If there were withdrawals then yes I suspect it would likely be required.