Pattaya Pizza Soi Buakow

Jimmyd

The other night we were passing by and noticed Pattaya Pizza which claims to be American influenced with Italian ingredients. It's on Soi Buakow between Soi Diana Inn and Soi 15 to The Avenue on a small dead-end soi opposite the Sutus Court building site. We were hungry, so decided to give it a try. There are no tables--it's strictly a delivery place, so we ordered a small pizza for 190 baht (salami, mushrooms, bell peppers, garlic and olives) and walked home after giving them directions.

As I was paying, I was shocked when I saw the guy making a tiny pizza--it looked so small! C'est la vie, I thought--yet another destined-to-fail business in Pattaya.

It arrived promptly due to our excellent directions, no doubt. Well, upon tasting, I was immediately put properly in my place--the pizza was worth 190 baht, indeed I was more than happy.

Too many pizza places have been trying to do good pizza too cheaply, I'm convinced. Pizza Big does a good job, but the amount of cheese and toppings on their pizza is minimal. That's not a bad thing, but it's not American style pizza, which has more of everything. If you like this style, you'll have to pay for it.

The crust is very nice. The toppings are excellent. The combination is just, well, great.

Last night, after reading the New York Pizza thread, we went online to check out that place. Well, the prices there seemed very high too--even higher than Pattaya Pizza, so we decided to just go with Pattaya Pizza again--this time a large for 290 baht pictured below. It was excellent again. We will try New York Pizza soon, but I thought I'd let you guys know about another great choice we now have. Lots of good news for foodies in Pattaya right now!

The pictures:

post-10689-065781000 1282472710_thumb.jp post-10689-060360500 1282472732_thumb.jp

Edit: If you want to contact them, they have a website, pattayapizza dot com.

Edited by Jimmyd

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad they don't have an eat in location for those who live far away and can't assure that delivery pizza will still be fresh.

have used delivery many times, pizza always warm to hot. you would not burn your tongue or month. good taste, zesty pizza sauce, tasty pepperoni.

if you want hot-hot pizza forget delivery and go to rest. and watch kitchen for immediate delivery.

Too bad they don't have an eat in location for those who live far away and can't assure that delivery pizza will still be fresh.

have used delivery many times, pizza always warm to hot. you would not burn your tongue or month. good taste, zesty pizza sauce, tasty pepperoni.

if you want hot-hot pizza forget delivery and go to rest. and watch kitchen for immediate delivery.

when im down there next time will definatley the pepperoni

cheers charlie

" That's not a bad thing, but it's not American style pizza "

.....these two sentences should be inverted ( "....but is not American style pizza, that's not a bad thing") :lol:

• Like 1

...these two sentences should be inverted ( "....but is not American style pizza, that's not a bad thing") :lol:

Pattaya pizza has some excellent pies. If you're missing out because of your prejudices, it's your loss, not mine.

Looks pretty good from the pics and what you will often get with a pizza in America. The online menu lists many interesting and not often found in LOS pizza varieties...the Della Casa sounds particularly nice. Can we get some better location information...there is none given on the online menu. What soi is it off Bua Khow?

Edited by FarangBuddha

Excuse me, but it was not meant as anything other than a well known remark about "opinions". It was a quote from a Kurt Vonnegut novel with an cartoon drawing that illustrated the famous old saying. :jap:

Edited by Ulysses G.

It's on Soi Buakow between Soi Diana Inn and Soi 15 (the soi that goes to The Avenue), on a small dead-end soi opposite the Sutus Court building site. It's the second small soi on your right as you go south on Soi Buakow from Soi Diana Inn, i.e. towards South Pattaya Road.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=104496685729018530198.00044b089263c4e06b805&ll=12.928172,100.884082&spn=0.004277,0.007027&z=17

Couldn't agree more.

I've had 3 pizza's over the last month and each was excellent. All arrived in less than 30 mins, and as someone above has already said, they are nice and thin crusts - I cannot abide the thick, doughy crusts that seem to be popular in some chains. Shame they do not do a quatro formaggi

Londo

Delicious! Open 3pm to 1 am (per the door). Tel 0800 611711.

To locate the soi without the map, look out for a motorcycle rental shop labeled with a black & yellow sign ("Mai Thai Complex") at first floor level on soi Bukaow 100 metres south of the soi Diana/soi Bukaow junction.

A tourist

Edited by SantiSuk

I don't like cold pizza so this delivery only place is something I will never get to try, even if they do deliver to where I am.

I have a suggestion for them.

Make a DEAL with a local bar that has tables. Have them offer your pizza menu at the bar. The bar will require everyone to buy a drink. What's not to like? Surely that will increase your business a lot once word gets out you have great pizza and you can have it served HOT. Cheers.

I don't like cold pizza so this delivery only place is something I will never get to try, even if they do deliver to where I am.

I have a suggestion for them.

Make a DEAL with a local bar that has tables. Have them offer your pizza menu at the bar. The bar will require everyone to buy a drink. What's not to like? Surely that will increase your business a lot once word gets out you have great pizza and you can have it served HOT. Cheers.

I live near Chaiyapruek 2 and have ordered from them many times, when i order the guy is always worried that it is too far and wont be hot when it arrives - believe me he does not need to worry, super hot when it comes.

Delicious! Open 3pm to 1 am (per the door). Tel 0800 611711.

To locate the soi without the map, look out for a motorcycle rental shop labeled with a black & yellow sign ("Mai Thai Complex") at first floor level on soi Bukaow 100 metres south of the soi Diana/soi Bukaow junction.

A tourist

I think they are open to 3:00AM in the morning.

Ordered a large pizza Monday. Delivered in about 30 minutes. Tasty and Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robin hood bar in jontiem just down from the statue the bar is on the right partly hidden by a tree

us guy has a pizza oven upstairs----------look menu downstairs and ring him then have a drink

9 inch for 100 baht------------no catches just good and spicy if want etc.

friendly bar while you wait

They are now open from 3 PM until 3 AM. The owner is also co-owner of The Golf Club bar & restaurant on Soi LK Metro. The menu is available there and has sit down facilities. Pattaya Pizza is only a few minutes from the Golf Club so the pizzas are still quite hot when they arrive. They also have some interesting side items on the menu.

I stay nearby and avail myself of their offerings several times a week. I actually prefer Chicago style deep dish, but this New York style with crispy crust is pretty good.

*Edited to add...the owner's mother is English and his father is American. But likely the pizza is more American than English style.

Edited by probe

...as the tomato comes from the Americas?!?

and the "americans" comes from Europe :D

I am saying the plant is native to South America, that has nothing to do with Europeans. But it is true Italian immigrants in the Americas were largely involved in bringing pizza there, and changing it of course for the new world. Again, so what? Food is global now. Deal with it.

Edited by Jingthing