Big Bike Question

snowflake

Has anyone thought anything about the suzuki Gladis? looks like the ducati, but has less horsepower, so not as fast, but still, alot cheaper than the Duke...

What date do they think of launching the Versyrus...

If I go to bangkok, can I test all the bikes in the showrooms?

I think it will be an aim for a new bike, just don't feel safe buying a second hand bike here in LOS...

I did however get a nice pic of a second hand Fazer... Nicer than what I can remember...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone thought anything about the suzuki Gladis? looks like the ducati, but has less horsepower, so not as fast, but still, alot cheaper than the Duke...

Do you mean Suzuki Gladius? Nice bike for girls and... supergay.gif

suzuki_gladius_2009_01.jpg

Fugly exhaust, gay colors, stupid name, and CHROME MIRRORS?!?! Suzuki was asking 450,000 Baht at the Motor Show?! What are they thinking?! loco.gif

Thankfully it isn't sold in Thailand.

Next!

Yeah sorry the Gladis is just hideous.. On every level.. I mean the SV had some character, people who owned them loved them.. They had a good platform to evolve and modernise.. But they really screwed the pooch on that one design wise.

The 450 price.. Well thats simply imported bikes I guess.. But the rest is pure suzukis fault.

Now how about the 600 diversion ?? That would be a good entry bike to this market.

So really the ER6 is the best option all over the line???

I need to find a place where I can test ride one!!!

I know I've said it before but don't rule out the Versys. Have a look at the reviews and vids on youtube, everyone has the same opinion that it's a great bike and for a big fellow like yourself a much better option than the er6n.

if ya want to try one for a day or so you have 2 choices. bangkok big bike rental or Pattaya

I believe OP lives in Nakorn Sri Thamarat, making Phuket test ride much closer:)

I like the Versys, but dont understand why it would be a better option for a big fellow? Seat and footpegs seem to be in same position, making the seating position equal. Saying that, seating position on er6n/Ninja suits my 180 cm/105 kg fine.

if ya want to try one for a day or so you have 2 choices. bangkok big bike rental or Pattaya

I believe OP lives in Nakorn Sri Thamarat, making Phuket test ride much closer:)

I like the Versys, but dont understand why it would be a better option for a big fellow? Seat and footpegs seem to be in same position, making the seating position equal. Saying that, seating position on er6n/Ninja suits my 180 cm/105 kg fine.

The Versys has a higher seat height and also an extra inch between the seat & footpegs which, after sitting on an er6n recently, would be my choice out of the two

But I'm posting based on my own personal preference and we are all different so it's up to the OP. Chok dee with whatever you go for snowflake.

The Versys has a higher seat height and also an extra inch between the seat & footpegs which, after sitting on an er6n recently, would be my choice out of the two

But I'm posting based on my own personal preference and we are all different so it's up to the OP. Chok dee with whatever you go for snowflake.

ok Versys has higher seat hight due to longer suspension travel, and footpegs lowered an inch. Lowering footpegs on ER6N/Ninja can be done easily with adjustable peg-brackets, providing same "legroom"

ok Versys has higher seat hight due to longer suspension travel, and footpegs lowered an inch. Lowering footpegs on ER6N/Ninja can be done easily with adjustable peg-brackets, providing same "legroom"

And there are also footpeg lowering brackets for the Versys which will give you another inch.

And there are also footpeg lowering brackets for the Versys which will give you another inch.

All the talk about the Versys is academic considering that its NOT available here in LOS at the moment.

OP i would go for the Ninja 650/ER6 purely because its the best bang for buck you can get here in LOS. Also the insurance is cheaper and the components are cheaper if/when you have an accident. Like most motorcycles it can be customised to suit your needs

But just to throw a spanner in the works you've still got the issue of performance.Decisions,decisions.

Is that REALLY a problem here in Thailand. I mean you gotta have eye's in the back of ya head here at normal speeds. at superbike speeds its gonna have to be on a swivel biggrin.gif.

But just to throw a spanner in the works you've still got the issue of performance.Decisions,decisions.

Is that REALLY a problem here in Thailand. I mean you gotta have eye's in the back of ya head here at normal speeds. at superbike speeds its gonna have to be on a swivel biggrin.gif.

I am one of those guys always wanting more power, but since Ninja 650R manages 0-100 kmh in less than 4 seconds and topspeed over 200kmh, I m happy for now:D

And the Versys has taller bars (there's a handlebar riser on the Versys that isn't on the ER6n / Ninja 650R). Anyway- if/when the Versys goes on sale in Thailand I'd guesstimate the price will be close to 300k baht so not sure if that's within the OP's budget. If it is, then might be worth waiting for. If not, take an ER6 / Ninja 650R for a test ride. They're the best value going hands down in Thailand for the time being.

Ride On!

Tony

Dunno mate, personally I find being on a faster bike means I only have to worry what's in front of me :lol:

All the talk about the Versys is academic considering that its NOT available here in LOS at the moment.

OP i would go for the Ninja 650/ER6 purely because its the best bang for buck you can get here in LOS. Also the insurance is cheaper and the components are cheaper if/when you have an accident. Like most motorcycles it can be customised to suit your needs

It may well be academic at the moment but it WILL be here before Santa visits later this year, if it's not I'll eat my hat.

We hear things all the time about new releases.I to hope that it comes before Xmas along with the much touted Honda range. BUT i will believe it when some one see's them in the shops with an up to date price list. It's like the Suzuki's being available, Any one seen a price list or bought one ... nada

It may well be academic at the moment but it WILL be here before Santa visits later this year, if it's not I'll eat my hat.

TiT.... I hope you have a tasty hat, just in case :lol:

I am planning to sell one of my Ninja650Rs and buy one Versys. But if Versys spec includes different frame (rake and swingarm) and different engine (tuning) a separate homoleg for Versys is needed. If Kwaker hasnt started on that yet, which is unlikely since no reports on Versys seen in LOS yet, there is no chance in 2010. Takes time and money to do a homoleg, especially when manufactoring is supported by BoI.

TiT.... I hope you have a tasty hat, just in case :lol:

A friend of my wife who was on the same course at Uni has recently started working in the Kawasaki marketing dept and she said 2-3 months....I hope she's right as my hat is my dogs favourite toy at the moment and don't fancy munching on a dirty, saliva covered piece of cloth instead of my Christmas dinner!