Buying A Second Motorbike, Immigration Letter Required?

spinshock

Hi,

I am looking to buy a second bike from someone so will need to go through the green book transfer process.

I bought a bike about a year ago and had to get a letter from immigration for 500b, then take that letter and passport to the motor vehicles for change of registration.

My question is buying this second bike now, do I need to get a letter again from immigration?

Logically, the green book I have for the first bike should already have my residence address. But we know logic doesn't always work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

My thinking was that the letter from immigration is just a proof of address in Thailand.

So I wanted to use the green book from the first bike as this 'proof of address' since the address is on it already with my name.

heh, too logical and makes too much sense :)

No that doesnt work..

Currently y immigration wants a lease, and then from whoever owns the house they want ther tabien baan, the ID card of the owner etc etc.. My problem was my landlord is a farang, out of the country, whose wife has run off with his tabien baan.. But as ever, they 'find a way' when 'motivated'

Years ago, I was going to get a 5 year license after my 1 year expired. I go to the license place, they tell me I need to show my address proof, I go to immigration who wants 'proof' of where I live, so I show him my expired driver license, which he used as proof, to issue me the paper to take back to the license people, to get a 5 year license. Kafka is alive and well and living in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...