Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom? I actually did ride one around the block for a friend because he was worrying about it making a strange noise. It was an experience, is all I can say, although it did feel solid and planted with good balance. I wasn't used to the cruiser riding position. Don't know and didn't really want to know how it would have coped with hills and traffic. But they are certainly popular. Diplomatic answer?

I have a friend who has had a Phantom now for a number of years. He said he bought it because as 6'4", and close to 300 pounds, motorbikes just weren't an option for him. His comment: "It's a nice bike, as long as I don't want to get anywhere in a hurry."

I don't really care for the cruiser style bike, but if I were going to go that route, I'd go with the Lifan 250B. One of my neighbors/friends, who has been a die-hard Harley man his entire life, bought one recently and totally loves it.

Personally, though, I'll stick to the "sports bike" style.

He then told me that if I wanted a good, all purpose bike that handled well in the city, and was good for trips anywhere in Thailand, a bike I could get serviced anywhere in Thailand if something did happen to break, or break down, go buy the new Honda CBR 250. I hadn't even mentioned that bike, only the old model 250R.

The only bike legally available in it's class that offers such torque, isn't a dog two up and isn't anemic when under 9000rpm.

Is an advisable buy.

Um, if torque is what you're after the 250cc Kawasaki D-Tracker beats both the Honda CB"R" 250"R" and the Kawasaki Ninjette 250 with 20.5 N·m (2.1 kgf·m) @ 7,000rpm (And that's BEFORE you de-restrict it)-

dtracker_feature.jpg

I'm not sure what "class" the Honda CB"R" 250"R" occupies, but if it's a 250cc sport bike you're after I'd say spend a bit more and get the Kawasaki Ninja 250R. :)

ninja250r_feature.jpg

We all know the Ninja 250R revs higher and has more horsepower, but I'm not sure about the torque figures so just looked them up.

I thought the CBR 250 had "a lot" more torque than the Ninja 250R but Wikipedia has the Ninjette with just 1 Ft-lb torque less than the CB"R" 250"R"

Kawasaki Ninjette:

Maximum power 26.4 hp @ 11,000 rpm (rear wheel)

32 PS (23.5 kW) (crank) [13]

Maximum torque 13.6 ft·lb (18.4 N·m) @ 9,750 rpm

Honda CB"R" 250"R":

Power 23.7 hp (17.7 kW) @ 9,900 rpm[1]

Torque 14.65 ft·lb (19.86 N·m) @ 6,750 rpm[2]

Let the Good Times ROLL! :lol:

Now you're just taking the piss! :rolleyes:

He then told me that if I wanted a good, all purpose bike that handled well in the city, and was good for trips anywhere in Thailand, a bike I could get serviced anywhere in Thailand if something did happen to break, or break down, go buy the new Honda CBR 250. I hadn't even mentioned that bike, only the old model 250R.

The only bike legally available in it's class that offers such torque, isn't a dog two up and isn't anemic when under 9000rpm.

Is an advisable buy.

Um, if torque is what you're after the 250cc Kawasaki D-Tracker beats both the Honda CB"R" 250"R" and the Kawasaki Ninjette 250 with 20.5 N·m (2.1 kgf·m) @ 7,000rpm (And that's BEFORE you de-restrict it)-

dtracker_feature.jpg

I'm not sure what "class" the Honda CB"R" 250"R" occupies, but if it's a 250cc sport bike you're after I'd say spend a bit more and get the Kawasaki Ninja 250R. :)

ninja250r_feature.jpg

We all know the Ninja 250R revs higher and has more horsepower, but I'm not sure about the torque figures so just looked them up.

I thought the CBR 250 had "a lot" more torque than the Ninja 250R but Wikipedia has the Ninjette with just 1 Ft-lb torque less than the CB"R" 250"R"

Kawasaki Ninjette:

Maximum power 26.4 hp @ 11,000 rpm (rear wheel)

32 PS (23.5 kW) (crank) [13]

Maximum torque 13.6 ft·lb (18.4 N·m) @ 9,750 rpm

Honda CB"R" 250"R":

Power 23.7 hp (17.7 kW) @ 9,900 rpm[1]

Torque 14.65 ft·lb (19.86 N·m) @ 6,750 rpm[2]

Let the Good Times ROLL! :lol:

Now you're just taking the piss! :rolleyes:

What's new?! :giggle:

I have cash waiting for a dealer who wants to sell a Black ABS for 120k. I have been round Chaing Mai and most of BKK with out much luck. Either the price is ridiculous (140k+) or there is a waiting list 'x' months long.

To be fair, demanding the exact colour scheme, model, and the price is a bit much in an under-supplied market.

Try Mitryont Intergroup's other shop.

037 313359

Hi Hehehoho, I wouldnt say I am being demanding, just hopeful. I am a new bike rider, and 100-120k is actually quite a lot of money. So I am trying to get exactly what I want. I could buy a 250 ABS in red today for 130K, but I know that I would always regret not getting the black. So i am holding out, and shopping round until I find exactly what I want. I am not expecting one to be presented to me (although that would be nice! ;))

Tiffer, Thanks for the number, I will give them a ring this afternoon and see what they have in.

I have cash waiting for a dealer who wants to sell a Black ABS for 120k. I have been round Chaing Mai and most of BKK with out much luck. Either the price is ridiculous (140k+) or there is a waiting list 'x' months long.

To be fair, demanding the exact colour scheme, model, and the price is a bit much in an under-supplied market.

Try Mitryont Intergroup's other shop.

037 313359

Hi Hehehoho, I wouldnt say I am being demanding, just hopeful. I am a new bike rider, and 100-120k is actually quite a lot of money. So I am trying to get exactly what I want. I could buy a 250 ABS in red today for 130K, but I know that I would always regret not getting the black. So i am holding out, and shopping round until I find exactly what I want. I am not expecting one to be presented to me (although that would be nice! ;))

Tiffer, Thanks for the number, I will give them a ring this afternoon and see what they have in.

I got my black ABS bike from Greenwing here in Chiang Rai for 120k, they also have them in Phayao which is probably closer to CM than CR is http://www.greenwing.co.th/EN/contact.php?type=showroom&loc=py

I got the racing pegs from Sumet Cycles here. I must say GREAT now i dont feel awkward anymore when i rest my foot on the brake. I know i am not alone as many here have reported the same problem.

That's why we have foot pegs....giggle.gif

I got the racing pegs from Sumet Cycles here. I must say GREAT now i dont feel awkward anymore when i rest my foot on the brake. I know i am not alone as many here have reported the same problem.

True but the standard foot pegs were in an awkward position on the brake. Just read back and you will see that many mentioned it after i noticed it. The racing version is different and gives my foot a more natural and relaxed position.

Tiger just brought out the X-Road 250. At least it doesn't pretend to be a sports bike, as seems an issue with some for the CBR250 and Ninja250! :lol:

post-70604-0-88909700-1303272145_thumb.j

And it only costs 99k Baht! (89k Baht for first buyer!) Wow- that is a rather amazing price!

True but the standard foot pegs were in an awkward position on the brake. Just read back and you will see that many mentioned it after i noticed it. The racing version is different and gives my foot a more natural and relaxed position.

Hi Robblok

I just wanted to know, are these footpegs higher or lower than the std ones? I have the same problem as you had on my 250CBR and so I have taken to hooking my right foot under the brake pedal for more comfort.

I am also quite tall at 6'2".

Any detailed photos available please?

Thank you all, good posts.

Hi Robblok

I just wanted to know, are these footpegs higher or lower than the std ones? I have the same problem as you had on my 250CBR and so I have taken to hooking my right foot under the brake pedal for more comfort.

Just ask Sumetcycles I believe he posted one page back. They selling them and have pictures. For me its a lot more comfortable. It takes a little getting used to but its way better. Just send him a message his real name is Brian and he is an American. So no language problems.

I got my black ABS bike from Greenwing here in Chiang Rai for 120k, they also have them in Phayao which is probably closer to CM than CR is http://www.greenwing...showroom&loc=py

Hi skybulestu, Thanks for the tip. I sent them a message via their website asking about stock. Crossed fingers they get back to me. Thanks again.

*Edit - really bad spelling

Edited by flatsphere

Tiger just brought out the X-Road 250. At least it doesn't pretend to be a sports bike, as seems an issue with some for the CBR250 and Ninja250! :lol:

And it only costs 99k Baht! (89k Baht for first buyer!) Wow- that is a rather amazing price!

Amazing price but ehem... amazingly ugly...

I'm sure lots of people will like it...

I'd much rather go fo the Boxer 250 for less money... almost got one before the CBR oh well, life choices eh :rolleyes:

I'd much rather go fo the Boxer 250 for less money... almost got one before the CBR oh well, life choices eh :rolleyes:

Red trellis frame is amazingly ugly? Better tell Honda for their VTR250 or Ducati for their Monster, or...

I like Sach's designs (well the rims on the X-Road need major help); the tigersachsclub forum has information on the bikes. Here's a couple that I think are really cool:

Kikass

KIKASS_2010_grey.jpg

58xxx THB...a competitor to the KSR?

and the Madass:

Resize%20of%20MadAss%2003.jpg

An interesting 62xxx THB run-about.

I think the X-road looks pretty sharp. The red trellis frame and swingarm, matte black tank, offset shock, underseat exhaust- all quite nice. Headlight is boring but easily replaced. Instrument cluster is really cheap and ugly, I'd replace it with a Koso gauge first thing.

013010SachsXRoad250SSR.jpg

I suspect it will have torque and Hp figures similar to that of the Kawasaki D-Tracker, but at a much lower cost. It "looks" like a motard, but you'd never want to take this bike on any serious off road adventures with the exhaust where it is now - directly under the engine, just waiting to be smashed.

012810SachsXRoadSm.jpg

I'm tempted to get one but a bit loathe to buy a bike that I've never ridden and that, as far as I can tell, has never been reviewed on the road...

013010SachsXRoad250aSSR.jpg

Not sure where I'd use a bike like this. Urban assault, stunting and small tracks perhaps?

Somebody hurry up and buy one so I can take it for a spin! :lol:

Ride On!

Tony

Perhaps a Tiger thread might be a better place for all this.

Anyway, in a lead story 7 page head to head between the CBR and the Ninja - info and link can be found here:

They said the fastest indicated time on the CBR was 102mph. Which is 164kph.

They also mentioned the fastest real time was 94.2mph. Which is 151.6 kph.

Edited by hehehoho

Nearly all black. Thanks to SumetCycle for the black fairing parts!

One thing to notice is that the side pieces are not gloss black, its plain matt plastic same like the piece under the seat. But i like :D Rims will follow.....

post-77479-0-92718700-1302937341_thumb.j

post-77479-0-63573300-1302937350_thumb.j

post-77479-0-55427300-1302937358_thumb.j

post-77479-0-65133400-1302937365_thumb.j

post-77479-0-33501000-1302937373_thumb.j

Wow, it came out really nice Hili. I think I'll have to do the same to my bike. I can't wait to see how your rims look in black. Thanks for everything.

Brian

Hello SumetCycle

I had a question given to Robblok about the racing pegs for the 250. I am also quite tall at 6'2" and also find the pegs a bit of a problem. I have taken to riding with my right foot under the brake lever for comfort.

Now I would just like to know, are these foot pegs higher than the std ones or lower? Your photos are good but I just can't seem to get a great view of them. If they are that great, I would like to order a set and how easy are they to fit yourself?

Thanks for the time in answering me?

Bye.

PS. I am in Phuket.

Hi Robblok

Just ask Sumetcycles I believe he posted one page back. They selling them and have pictures. For me its a lot more comfortable. It takes a little getting used to but its way better. Just send him a message his real name is Brian and he is an American. So no language problems.

Thanks Robblok for your time, I have sent a query to SumetCycles. Ride safe.

Red trellis frame is amazingly ugly? Better tell Honda for their VTR250 or Ducati for their Monster, or...

Oooooooooooo. No way will I tell hot blooded italians that someone is comparing this with a Monster and as for the VTR that never came here... no comparison.

I'm delighted you like these designs. Each to there own. Just like I think the CBR in Red is hot hot hot whereas others say not not not B)

Ah! What great world we live in!!

Anyway, in a lead story 7 page head to head between the CBR and the Ninja - info and link can be found here:

http://www.ninjette....24&d=1303301809

So their speedo drift is essentially the same as mine with stock tyres on the Ninja 250R...plus the CBR 250R is only some 3 km/h slower than the fastest I've seen GPS with my Ninjette (granted I've got ~45cm edge of shoulder to edge of shoulder plus I can't get down as far as other boardmembers can on the tank).

Most interesting to the flamewar are the following stats:

..................................Honda.............Kawasaki

Top Speed..................94,2MPH.........97,4MPH (advantage +3%)

0-60...........................8,76s..............10,18s (advantage +14%)

Standing 1/4 mile........16,63s............16,93s (advantage +2%)

4th 20-70....................14,68s............13,78s (advantage +6%)

6th 30-80....................26,42s.............27,79s (advantage +5%)

So the CBR 250R wins 60% of the tests with an average advantage of 7% in those catergories compared to the Ninja 250R wining 40% of the categories with an average advantage of 4,5%. I.E., is mostly better but when the Ninja edges it out it's not by as much as it edges the Ninja out. Guess we know which is the anemic poser bike?

Also hilarious they had an aftermarket slip-on exhaust (Akrapovic if I can see correctly) for the Ninja for it to squeak out two wins.

Edited by dave_boo

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4369143

The link doesn't work for me, all I get is predictable rubbish from Big Mouth BKK.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4369143

The link doesn't work for me, all I get is predictable rubbish from Big Mouth BKK.

Edited by skybluestu

Hello SumetCycle

I had a question given to Robblok about the racing pegs for the 250. I am also quite tall at 6'2" and also find the pegs a bit of a problem. I have taken to riding with my right foot under the brake lever for comfort.

Now I would just like to know, are these foot pegs higher than the std ones or lower? Your photos are good but I just can't seem to get a great view of them. If they are that great, I would like to order a set and how easy are they to fit yourself?

Thanks for the time in answering me?

Bye.

PS. I am in Phuket.

I am 6'0" and find the new pegs to be much more comfortable than the stock pegs. The pedals are also seated lower than the stock ones. If you have experience working on bikes, installing them should not be that difficult. I will post some more photos tomorrow. If you like them, I can ship them to Phuket for you. Thanks.

Brian

I am 6'0" and find the new pegs to be much more comfortable than the stock pegs. The pedals are also seated lower than the stock ones. If you have experience working on bikes, installing them should not be that difficult. I will post some more photos tomorrow. If you like them, I can ship them to Phuket for you. Thanks.

Brian

Hello Brian

Thanks for the reply.

Yes photos would be great, also are they installed in the stock mounting holes?

Thank you.

Graham