Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a little run in with something- how much would a new standard exhaust cost? Anyone had to replace theirs?

The stock exhaust is ugly as hell- if you dinged yours why not use it as an excuse to replace it with something better?

For once Tony is right ;).

How about one of these https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/media/set/fbx/?set=a.198258793545551.42952.132479710123460 Mine should be arriving any day now :)

I agree Tony it is fugly to the limit it is not understandable to why Honda put it on...

BUT

I am going to sell my bike in about 4 months, so I am not willing to put on a nice exhaust now, unless it is cheaper than the original...

I am very ok, the bike did not go down, just messed up the exhaust somehow... still working but not cosmetically up to standard of me selling the thing...

If I sell it it has to look nice (even if it is ugly there are some people out there who likes that exhaust or dont care about it)...

So, does anyone know how much a new one will cost?

I agree Tony it is fugly to the limit it is not understandable to why Honda put it on...

BUT

I am going to sell my bike in about 4 months, so I am not willing to put on a nice exhaust now, unless it is cheaper than the original...

I am very ok, the bike did not go down, just messed up the exhaust somehow... still working but not cosmetically up to standard of me selling the thing...

If I sell it it has to look nice (even if it is ugly there are some people out there who likes that exhaust or dont care about it)...

So, does anyone know how much a new one will cost?

I will check on the price and let you know. Thanks.

Brian

A new stock exaust should cost between 7,000-8,000 baht, depending on which dealer you get it from.

Interesting, I heard that a DBS aftermarket exhaust would cost much less at 5,000...

Edited by RED21

A new stock exaust should cost between 7,000-8,000 baht, depending on which dealer you get it from.

Interesting that a DBS aftermarket exhaust would cost much less at 5,000...

Really?

Don't suppose that Honda charges a bit more for the catalyst do you?

Interesting that a DBS aftermarket exhaust would cost much less at 5,000...

Really?

Don't suppose that Honda charges a bit more for the catalyst do you?

Yeah :D... I wonder if they'll accept a trade in the original for an aftermarket and some cash...:D

Edited by RED21

Had a DBS muffler on the old CBR150, very loud even with the noise killer inserted. I lasted all of 1 hour driving around in Pattaya before a cop snuck up behind me at the lights and extracted the key. Wrote me a ticket and the main cop shop extracted 1000 baht! Maybe the fact that it was a bright multicoloured (titanium look-alike) might have given the game away! :lol:

Had a DBS muffler on the old CBR150, very loud even with the noise killer inserted. I lasted all of 1 hour driving around in Pattaya before a cop snuck up behind me at the lights and extracted the key. Wrote me a ticket and the main cop shop extracted 1000 baht! Maybe the fact that it was a bright multicoloured (titanium look-alike) might have given the game away! :lol:

The dbs exhaust for the cbr250 will be quieter, that is why there is a continued delay as its not exactly the same as the ninja one.i

^ I was under the impression that the new triangle shaped one that they list for both the ninja and CBR was it.

And that the delay was only in producing the downpipe for it.

I know they were delayed for the past month or so with a big order from Europe on a different pipe, but it was only the CBR250 downpipe they were going to develop for that same muffler. Not another pipe and muffler from scratch.

Can see it here third pic down.

http://www.grim-dbs.com/tdbs2.asp

Am 90% certain that's the case.

Edited by hehehoho

1,000bht just isn't enough for some <deleted> exhaust systems.

Cheaper just to wack a hole in the pipe cos that's what it sounds like... espcially if you've lived near a main road with wannabe Rossis thrashing tin cans up and down the road.

Right. That's off my chest then...

Edited by Tiffer

^ I was under the impression that the new triangle shaped one that they list for both the ninja and CBR was it.

And that the delay was only in producing the downpipe for it.

I know they were delayed for the past month or so with a big order from Europe on a different pipe, but it was only the CBR250 downpipe they were going to develop for that same muffler. Not another pipe and muffler from scratch.

Can see it here third pic down.

http://www.grim-dbs.com/tdbs2.asp

Am 90% certain that's the case.

I speak with Visit at dbs every few weeks and post updates here, the above is all correct but they have decided to make a quieter pipe which is the one they will sell for the cbr250, maybe the same for ninja too. His number is on his website so you can double check, his English is good.

I speak with Visit at dbs every few weeks and post updates here, the above is all correct but they have decided to make a quieter pipe which is the one they will sell for the cbr250, maybe the same for ninja too. His number is on his website so you can double check, his English is good.

Any more info on it? design/styling?

price?

estimated month of release?

Any more info on it? design/styling?

price?

estimated month of release?

It's the same carbon triangle design that is on his website but he's trying to make it quieter, too many fines.

Looks like CBR 250R owners need to find some mates from Australia since their dealers seem to be offering the following additions.

Triple Tree (notice the aftermarket fork pre-load adjusters and grips also would help load the front tyre for spirited rides):

Resized to 45% (was 2756 x 1825) - Click image to enlargecbr250_cock_pit__31669.jpg

Moriwaki Rearset:

Resized to 45% (was 2756 x 1825) - Click image to enlargecbr250_back_step_kit_r__98525.jpg

Moriwaki Exhaust:

Resized to 52% (was 2362 x 1565) - Click image to enlargecbr250_slip_on_ano__46563.jpg

Edited by dave_boo

Looks like CBR 250R owners need to find some mates from Australia since their dealers seem to be offering the following additions.

Triple Tree (notice the aftermarket fork pre-load adjusters and grips also would help load the front tyre for spirited rides):

Resized to 45% (was 2756 x 1825) - Click image to enlargecbr250_cock_pit__31669.jpg

Moriwaki Rearset:

Resized to 45% (was 2756 x 1825) - Click image to enlargecbr250_back_step_kit_r__98525.jpg

Moriwaki Exhaust:

Resized to 52% (was 2362 x 1565) - Click image to enlargecbr250_slip_on_ano__46563.jpg

The Moriwaki bike as in the pic was on display at Hond's Fun Fest last October so I would think the triple tree, rear set and exhaust are all Thai manufactured?? or available in Thailand anyway. Just now I am in Australia and will go into a Honda dealership this week to ask about the Moriwaki upgrades.