Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

BIZUMO

Are there any guys or girls here using these popular exhausts on there CBR250's?

I'm tempted to get one for my bike and would like some reviews from people here.

Karl smile.png

How can such a boring looking bike attract over 4,000 replies? is it a stealth fighter in disguise!!

Prolly cuz it's cheap? passifier.gif

And probably going to be the best selling bike in every region it's been released in. rolleyes.gif

Not sure why you're so involved in the thread though, with 250 posts of your own in here and being the 5th highest poster??

Edited by strollling

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they actually develop the pipes for specific bikes, or just put them together and sell them for any ol' bike?

I've never seen a dyno for one, so presume it's the latter. TBH I don't think I'd buy a pipe for a bike that I haven't seen dynos for, or have personally tested, not a Thai made pipe anyway. I'm not entirely convinced by the Italian flag design and spiel of the Bizumo's.

To be honest a straight thru pipe is a straight thru pipe, there are small variables to factor in shape of the link pipe, diameter, length etc etc but i'm just buying for visual appeal and a better sound than the tractor exhaust i have right now :D

On further research i found a few Ducati's with them fitted, so if they hold up on the big thumpy Ducati L-twin's then it should be fine on my tractor :D

Do they actually develop the pipes for specific bikes, or just put them together and sell them for any ol' bike?

I've never seen a dyno for one, so presume it's the latter. TBH I don't think I'd buy a pipe for a bike that I haven't seen dynos for, or have personally tested, not a Thai made pipe anyway. I'm not entirely convinced by the Italian flag design and spiel of the Bizumo's.

Bizumo is about as Italian as French fries are French ;)

BIZUMO

Are there any guys or girls here using these popular exhausts on there CBR250's?

I'm tempted to get one for my bike and would like some reviews from people here.

Karl smile.png

How can such a boring looking bike attract over 4,000 replies? is it a stealth fighter in disguise!!

And probably going to be the best selling bike in every region it's been released in. rolleyes.gif

Not sure why you're so involved in the thread though, with 250 posts of your own in here and being the 5th highest poster??

Oh, I wasn't aware that I have to own a CB'r' 250 to be allowed to post in here. Mea culpa! giggle.gif

my cbr now

love the bike

is it possible to buy one in the european colour scheme.....tri colour?

No it is not. Those colours are export only so you will have to have a custom paint job if you really want them.

Oh, I wasn't aware that I have to own a CB'r' 250 to be allowed to post in here. Mea culpa! giggle.gif

Nope, that's not an answer. :(

Not that one was really expected of course.

Bizumo is about as Italian as French fries are French BBBKK

Most evidence suggests that 'French fries' were invented first in France. Thomas Jefferson may have described them (as ambassador to France).

Unlike triple B double K, I don't squander time being negative about the CBR 250 (and we should recall that this same self-styled hooligan was quick to applaud the optional ABS), nor praising Kawa to the skies (which as they build bigger bikes here is deserved, so long as the tax situation remains).

However, no muffler is ever going to negate the sound of that machine - we can either hope for better performance, or near silence, but not the roar of power, putt-putt.

Still a great machine at the price w/ ABS and good rubber down.

Nope, that's not an answer. sad.png

Not that one was really expected of course.

Oh, did you have a question? I must have missed it s trolling whistling.gif

Bizumo is about as Italian as French fries are French BBBKK

Most evidence suggests that 'French fries' were invented first in France. Thomas Jefferson may have described them (as ambassador to France).

Unlike triple B double K, I don't squander time being negative about the CBR 250 (and we should recall that this same self-styled hooligan was quick to applaud the optional ABS), nor praising Kawa to the skies (which as they build bigger bikes here is deserved, so long as the tax situation remains).

However, no muffler is ever going to negate the sound of that machine - we can either hope for better performance, or near silence, but not the roar of power, putt-putt.

Still a great machine at the price w/ ABS and good rubber down.

Sure mate, French Fries, aka Frites or Pommes Frites are French... And pigs can fly rolleyes.gif

Aight, Bizumo is about as Italian as Häagen-Dazs is Scandinavian. ;)

I've said before that I think it's quite revolutionary that Honda has offered ABS on a 250cc bike. How is that negative?

Bit hypocritical of you to diss the putt-putt "roar" of the mighty CB'r' 250 as you brag about not squandering your time on negativity... kettlepot.gif

Don't you know that the CB'r' 250 is the best bike on the planet and that any negative comments on said uber-bike are strictly forbidden on this forum? cheesy.gif

my cbr now

love the bike

is it possible to buy one in the european colour scheme.....tri colour?

No it is not. Those colours are export only so you will have to have a custom paint job if you really want them.

I would expect the panels are available to order from Thailand at a cheap cheap price, i say this because i have seen a 250 with the exact same colours riding around my area from time to time. :)

Don't you know that the CB'r' 250 is the best bike on the planet

Don't know about that, but it's clearly the best in its class... going on what people who own both the CBR250 and Ninja250 say.

I've seen numourous owners of both say that they never ride the ninjette anymore, and that the CBR250 is far, far better in almost every way. I've never seen an owner of both say that they prefer the ninja.

I suppose though that the CBR is vastly outselling the ninjette, in markets where they are the same price would be another indication.

It's no real surprise though that the CBR is the market leader that the others have to emulate, given how rattley, dog-ish, uncomfortable and ugly the competition is. :(

Hopefully Kawa can do something to make the ninjette competitive in terms of sales. Perhaps they'll have to sell them at half price to match the mighty CBR.

Don't know about that, but it's clearly the best in its class... going on what people who own both the CBR250 and Ninja250 say.

I've seen numourous owners of both say that they never ride the ninjette anymore, and that the CBR250 is far, far better in almost every way. I've never seen an owner of both say that they prefer the ninja.

I suppose though that the CBR is vastly outselling the ninjette, in markets where they are the same price would be another indication.

It's no real surprise though that the CBR is the market leader that the others have to emulate, given how rattley, dog-ish, uncomfortable and ugly the competition is. sad.png

Hopefully Kawa can do something to make the ninjette competitive in terms of sales. Perhaps they'll have to sell them at half price to match the mighty CBR.

If your definition of "better" is slower, cheaper, more fragile and more noob friendly then yes, the brilliant new Honda CB'r' 250 wins by a mile! clap2.gif

Couple of weeks or so back, I stopped at the Kaw dealer here in CM just for kicks. Ok, not completely true. I wanted to check out the new Ninja 650 after reading about all the changes they've made to it.

Anyway, one of the 2 girls there who speaks some English (or Thaiglish if you prefer) said the company is worried because sales for the 250 Ninja are down in Thailand because of the CBR 250 being cheaper, AND having ABS. And, according to her, they are even more worried about not only 250 sales, but also 650 when Honda comes out with the the new CBR 400 later on in late April or May, not to mention the CBR 600.

What I find most interesting about the whole convo was her mentioning the fact that Kawasaki is aware of the new Honda CBR400 that is "coming", but that that you can't find a dam_n thing about it ANYWHERE on the internet. Oh, well, still doing the "wait and see" routine before I finally say "screw it" and go buy a 250/ABS.

Couple of weeks or so back, I stopped at the Kaw dealer here in CM just for kicks. Ok, not completely true. I wanted to check out the new Ninja 650 after reading about all the changes they've made to it.

Anyway, one of the 2 girls there who speaks some English (or Thaiglish if you prefer) said the company is worried because sales for the 250 Ninja are down in Thailand because of the CBR 250 being cheaper, AND having ABS. And, according to her, they are even more worried about not only 250 sales, but also 650 when Honda comes out with the the new CBR 400 later on in late April or May, not to mention the CBR 600.

What I find most interesting about the whole convo was her mentioning the fact that Kawasaki is aware of the new Honda CBR400 that is "coming", but that that you can't find a dam_n thing about it ANYWHERE on the internet. Oh, well, still doing the "wait and see" routine before I finally say "screw it" and go buy a 250/ABS.

Only thing it proves is that the sales girls at Kwacker CM are just as gullible and likely to fall for the Honda 400 rumor as many of the posters here on ThaiVisa passifier.gif

If your definition of "better" is slower, cheaper, more fragile and more noob friendly then yes, the brilliant new Honda CB'r' 250 wins by a mile!

Not mine, people who own both of them.

They say the CBR is much nicer to ride, much more comfortable, vibrates less, is better handling and in those markets costs the same money.

All the people I've seen that own the two comment that they never ride the ninjette anymore and the CBR is a far better bike.

I'm sorry that upsets you so much.

Edited by strollling

Only thing it proves is that the sales girls at Kwacker CM are just as gullible and likely to fall for the Honda 400 rumor as many of the posters here on ThaiVisa passifier.gif

You could be right, or maybe, just maybe, the folks at Kwaker know something the rest us don't. Who really knows for sure? Anyway, I'll give Honda till the 15th of next month (May), and if they don't have one by then, ok, not a problem. It ain't exactly a "live or die" situation.

Sir Tony of BKK,

I had meant to indicate that you were the first I recall giving raves to Honda about ABS on a 250 machine. Meant it as positive as is fair. Sorry if it was not clear. You saw the virtue and called it out.

But watching someone pixxing all over one bike all the time is boring to watch. This Honda, like all bikes, is a compromise and here in Thailand, suits many riders who don't need even middling performance on our public highways. It costs less with ABS than the little Kwacker and sounds, no matter what we do, like a thumper. It is what it is and many love it; others like it.

Actually, with the exception of your representations of Ninjette vs cBR 250 performance in lower speeds, I find every contribution you make about bikes to be very insightful, showing a great knowledge. Our understanding of fellow contributors should be as great, as we'd be happier.

Ride yer Kawas in peace.

Edited by CMX

If your definition of "better" is slower, cheaper, more fragile and more noob friendly then yes, the brilliant new Honda CB'r' 250 wins by a mile!

Not mine, people who own both of them.

They say the CBR is much nicer to ride, much more comfortable, vibrates less, is better handling and in those markets costs the same money.

All the people I've seen that own the two comment that they never ride the ninjette anymore and the CBR is a far better bike.

I'm sorry that upsets you so much.

I own both and I can tell you that the Ninja rips the the CBR to shreds. I don't even look at the CBR, I've only done 800 kms on it and I hated every minute.

Actually that was a total lie, I only own the Ninja, but it was just as likely to be true as these anonymous posters on CBR250 forums claiming they own both bikes and the CBR is so superior whistling.gif. Some prefer the torque of the thumper, some prefer the high revving, higher hp of the twin thumbsup.gif. Personally i think thumpers are better suited to dirt bikes than road bikes, but each to their own.

It's no real surprise though that the CBR is the market leader that the others have to emulate, given how rattley, dog-ish, uncomfortable and ugly the competition is. sad.png

Rattley?

I've highsided my Ninjette and it's still quiet 3 years later; I don't know where your comment came from...

Actually that was a total lie, I only own the Ninja, but it was just as likely to be true as these anonymous posters on CBR250 forums claiming they own both bikes and the CBR is so superior whistling.gif.

Long term posters on both CBR and Ninjette forums. On the ninjette forums since before the new CBR was even announced.

It really eats ye guys up eh, oh well, never mind. :)

Actually that was a total lie, I only own the Ninja, but it was just as likely to be true as these anonymous posters on CBR250 forums claiming they own both bikes and the CBR is so superior whistling.gif.

Long term posters on both CBR and Ninjette forums. On the ninjette forums since before the new CBR was even announced.

It really eats ye guys up eh, oh well, never mind. smile.png

I've ridden both and while they're both low powered bikes, the CB'r' suffers from very soft suspension (which I suppose noobs like) and runs out of steam so much faster than the Ninjette. Then again, a noob rider is probably scared to redline their bike and wouldn't know how to make use of the Ninjette's extra power... passifier.gif

When you've hit the redline on the Honda thumper the Ninjette, with its high revving twin still has plenty more rpms for you to play with. thumbsup.gif

Rattley?

I've highsided my Ninjette and it's still quiet 3 years later; I don't know where your comment came from...

That's what they say, at high way speed the ninjette is more noisy/rattley/buzzy than the Honda.

Honda CB'r' 250 and "High Speed" really don't belong in the same sentence. Only way the CB'r' is going to go fast is if the Ninjette gives it a push ;)

It really eats ye guys up eh, oh well, never mind. smile.png

I've ridden both and while they're both low powered bikes, the CB'r' suffers from very soft suspension (which I suppose noobs like) and runs out of steam so much faster than the Ninjette. Then again, a noob rider is probably scared to redline their bike and wouldn't know how to make use of the Ninjette's extra power... passifier.gif

When you've hit the redline on the Honda thumper the Ninjette, with its high revving twin still has plenty more rpms for you to play with. thumbsup.gif

The Cbr is more popular ,produces more torque going up through the gears and more usable power

And its more popular ,and its cheaper ,and it has ABS

A better bike all round ,only someone with a Kawa stick up their ass would pay more to get the inferior ninja 250 .....

Yup.

The Honda has more power under 9000rpm, where there ninjette is gutless and more than a bit of a dog.

Then the roles are reversed.

It's probably why many ninjette owners need to change the gearing just so they can be comfortable while cruising, without the high RPM buzzes and noises.

Edited by strollling

Rattley?

That's what they say, at high way speed the ninjette is more noisy/rattley/buzzy than the Honda.

Honda CB'r' 250 and "High Speed" really don't belong in the same sentence. Only way the CB'r' is going to go fast is if the Ninjette gives it a push wink.png

Seems the CBR did okay in the US Superstock racing, where it waxed every ninja in sight... repeatedly... but never mind eh.

The Cbr is more popular ,produces more torque going up through the gears and more usable power

And its more popular ,and its cheaper ,and it has ABS

A better bike all round ,only someone with a Kawa stick up their ass would pay more to get the inferior ninja 250 .....

Only cheaper in some markets due to Kawa price gouging.

Though I'd be highly surprised if it isn't the market leader in all....

Given how great a bike it is....

Especially compared to the competition.

Edited by strollling