Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

regarding the Takegawa high compression piston, chekc this out: http://j-mart.biz/j-...oducts_id=16392

You need these

• Cylinder boring is required when stock cylinder is used
  • Use together with FI CON2 (SP Takegawa 05-04-0005) is required

So, it means lot of job inside the engine and you need to use only their fuel controller?I am sure other brands should be fine.

So, it costs around 10.500 thb for piston, 5000 for API TECH fuel cont. plus boring the cylinder and engine job. So, i assume, it costs around 20,000 to 25,000 thb to go for it.

It is costly man but the most important here is finding a competent enough mechanic to do it without screwing your engine and wallet.

Does it worth to blow one third one fourth of the bike price to piston swap?

Does anyone can recommend a good mechanic to undertake this kind of job?

regarding APi Tech, i could not go to their shop this weekend as busy with work. I will check them next weekend for sure and will inform you guys about the result.

Thanks.

Edited by loserlazer

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regarding the Takegawa high compression piston, chekc this out: http://j-mart.biz/j-...oducts_id=16392

You need these

So, it means lot of job inside the engine and you need to use only their fuel controller?I am sure other brands should be fine.

So, it costs around 10.500 thb for piston, 5000 for API TECH fuel cont. plus boring the cylinder and engine job. So, i assume, it costs around 20,000 to 25,000 thb to go for it.

It is costly man but the most important here is finding a competent enough mechanic to do it without screwing your engine and wallet.

regarding APi Tech, i could not go to their shop this weekend as busy with work. I will check them next weekend for sure and will inform you guys about the result.

Thanks.

In the US the boring would be done at a machine shop not a mechanic per se'

I do not know if they have the equivalent of a machine shop here?

Once bored you retrieve the cylinder & assemble or have a mechanic assemble if you like

LL, if you're looking for city bombing and feel the ER-5n is too big consider spending 30-40k on a good NSR150SP.

Probably the same price as your piston is going to cost you in the long run, will have more HP, less KG and be a lot more fun.

You need these

Thanks.

And after all that it just might be able to keep up with a Ninjette 250 rolleyes.gif

And after all that it just might be able to keep up with a Ninjette 250 rolleyes.gif

Actually, with the CBR250R being faster off the line, lighter, and with much better cornering ability I suspect a race through city would leave team green with wanting.

Especially if they had to slow down to work out how much fuel was left. :D

LL, if you're looking for city bombing and feel the ER-5n is too big consider spending 30-40k on a good NSR150SP.

Probably the same price as your piston is going to cost you in the long run, will have more HP, less KG and be a lot more fun.

siam, i rode nsr 150 proarm. it is a good bike on the straight line but handling wise, it is not near to the modern bikes. I also own a cbr150 old model and i am still thinking on upgrading it or not.

Besides, you cannot tour for extended periods on 6th gear as it gets hot a lot like it will melt. So, you have to go through 5th gear.

it drinks petrol and kills the trees as well.

I like new tech man. But, nsr150 is impressive for 39 hp man still is usable only on a small rpm range.

You need these

Thanks.

yes bigbikebkk, it can keep up with ninjette on track with this mod but it keeps up with ninjette on street anyway now.

I am sure after all these years of riding Thailand, you know some good mechs to help me for this in Bangkok?

For boring, is it a lot of work you think? Big bike bkk, help man!

Just my opinion, but if you're looking for a good "city bike", go with the new CBR 150. I've had the old model and the new, and the new is much better, believe me! Easy to handle and maneuver in heavy traffic, with more than enough "Uph!" to leave everyone else at the line. But I've also done quite a bit of touring on the new one with trips from CNX to Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Tak, Nakon Sawan, Chiang Rai, and the only problem I've ever had is that it doesn't really have the torque needed for the mountains in some areas. Other than that, it will cruse all day as 125-130 without a problem. The torque problem in the mountains is why I'm considering moving up to a 250. If not for that, I'd keep it.

For boring, is it a lot of work you think?

Boring is not a lot of work at all.

I have had many bikes bored in the US

But I was racing then & mainly on 2 strokes

I will say this....DO not expect a giant improvement with bore increase alone.

With a 4 stroke it all has to work together

Yes there is no replacement for displacement but still...with a 4 stroke

you will want to make it all work as a whole.

Anyway I did see one Thailand boring service

Good Luck

Sarayuth Machine Works Co.,Ltd.

... Product/Service: Motorcycle, Machinery, Boring, Horning, Sprocket, Chain, Cylinder Employees: 51 - 100 People Main markets: North America South America Eastern Europe Southeast Asia Af Contact Person: Mr. Sarayuth Wichicharaskul Zip Code: 71120 Telephone: 66-32-371020 Fax: 66-32-371022 Address:...

Telephone: 66-32-371020Address: 53 / 3 M. 16, Thapha, Banpong, Ratchaburi, Thailand

PS: You might also try calling these guys & asking if any other shops in Thailand have bought their boring & Honing machines

Dont forget they need to hone after boring afaik/remember...unless things have changed

http://www.alibaba.c...nt/aboutus.html

Edited by flying

Hi everybody !

In around 1-2 months I'm gonna be buying CBR-250

so if you feel like selling yours please let me know here

or email me: <email address removed as per forum rules>

Edited by metisdead
: 13) Not to post email addresses in posts due to potential spam problems.

Hi everybody !

In around 1-2 months I'm gonna be buying CBR-250

so if you feel like selling yours please let me know here

or email me: <email address removed as per forum rules>

Buy new mate, the CBR is a great bike and all you need in this country!! I had the Z1000 here inPhuket a great bike but no good for the traffic, CBR 250 is awesome, it is fast enough, light, gear changing is a pleasure, it's just great to drive every day!!

Buy new mate, the CBR is a great bike and all you need in this country!!
I dunno, there's some really good deals around, saw one for 79,000b. Throw another 25k into a set of Pirellis, brake pads, DNA airfilter, Fuel Controller from the states, and full system pipe. And you're looking at a big step up from stock.Don't forget that these engines have 5 year warranties.

There's certainly worse ways to spend 105k.

Edited by siam cbr

I dunno, there's some really good deals around, saw one for 79,000b. Throw another 25k into a set of Pirellis, brake pads, DNA airfilter, Fuel Controller from the states, and full system pipe. And you're looking at a big step up from stock.Don't forget that these engines have 5 year warranties.

What's wrong with the standard bike? Tires are okay, brakes are very good, fantastic on fuel and fast enough for this country, what will all the mods you have mentioned do for the bike, how much faster will it go, personally 155kph on the bike clock is fast enough!!

What's wrong with the standard bike? Tires are okay, brakes are very good, fantastic on fuel and fast enough for this country, what will all the mods you have mentioned do for the bike, how much faster will it go, personally 155kph on the bike clock is fast enough!!

Just noticed you want to spend 25k on set of tires? What Are you using the bike for?

25k would cover all the mods I listed.

I've ran stock tyres and Pirellis on mine, the Pirellis are in a different league and transform the bike. Under 6k fitted and my last pair did 18k km and were still all good. I believe in prevention and rather change the bits and pieces before they need it.

Buying a used bike with a good few thousand KM I would always spend the what, 1,500thb on a new set of brake pads. The rest of the mods aren't likely to add a massive amount of top speed, they are likely to make it a nicer bike compared to the lean running stock version.

If my budget was the cost of a new one, I would prefer to buy a used one and spend the money on all the mods listed.

JMO of course. smile.png

Edited by siam cbr

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Krabi in south Thailand and want to buy the CBR 250 (no abs). It is out of stock in every honda shop, and no one can tell me when it will arrive. I have also called honda Phuket and they are out of stock too? Anyone know of a dealer in the south with the bike? Or is anyone selling one?

I have been dreaming about this bike for a year and now I am ready to buy I can't bloody find one!!!

I live in Krabi in south Thailand and want to buy the CBR 250 (no abs). It is out of stock in every honda shop, and no one can tell me when it will arrive. I have also called honda Phuket and they are out of stock too? Anyone know of a dealer in the south with the bike? Or is anyone selling one?

I have been dreaming about this bike for a year and now I am ready to buy I can't bloody find one!!!

see quite a few pieces in Phuket town...

by the way guys, my mechanic stated to me that the engine have to go down and the valves needs to be changed and some other work inside the engine on 40,000 km. He told me that he knew this from Honda Training program for cbr250.

So, emptybasementbin, there is nothing something like that right?

Sumet Cycle, do you know anything about it?

Regards?