Ignore Feature Enhancement Suggestion

Jingthing

I would like to see a comments field on the ignore user page. That way, when you ignore a user, you can note the reason you put them on ignore. It's hard to remember that over time. It could also be useful to review the list to take people off the list if you read the comments later and think, well that wasn't so bad. On the contrary, if it was so bad, it can be useful reinforcement to keep that user on ignore.

Its easier to just laugh at 'em I find. I'm sure you agree JT.

JT? err JT???.......oh well.....

:D

Just want to add...Should I have more people on ignore than are ignoring me?

How can I check these stats?........Gettin' all paranoid now.....thanks.

:o

Edited by smokie36

Usually.

Not always. It really depends.

In any case, they have the feature for us, so many users DO use it. The issue here isn't whether to use the feature or not or is it a good feature, it is a simple enhancement suggestion.

Take it or leave it, I reckon it will be left, but at least I tried.

Usually.

Not always. It really depends.

In any case, they have the feature for us, so many users DO use it. The issue here isn't whether to use the feature or not or is it a good feature, it is a simple enhancement suggestion.

Take it or leave it, I reckon it will be left, but at least I tried.

I guess you can tell I'm not a fan. Not to say I don't see why its necessary and in that context your suggestion gets the thumbs up from me. :thumbsup:

If you must put people on ignore....open up a spreadsheet....keep a list...enter the date ignored ...and perhaps, if you are really smart, put a period after which you feel you could review the situation......

There that wasn't too difficult to work out was it?

Edited by 473geo

If you must put people on ignore....open up a spreadsheet....keep a list...enter the date ignored ...and perhaps, if you are really smart, put a period after which you feel you could review the situation......

There that wasn't too difficult to work out was it?

Yikes a spreadsheet?.......who's turn is it to do the washing up? B)

I think they should remove the ignore feature, if you cannot take the heat stay out of the kitchen........better still don't be stupid enough to ignite the flames in the first place!!!

Funny that. You just flamed on an a simple feature enhancement request. Hmmmm.

I think they should remove the ignore feature, if you cannot take the heat stay out of the kitchen........better still don't be stupid enough to ignite the flames in the first place!!!

Funny that. You just flamed on an a simple feature enhancement request. Hmmmm.

Yes noted for my humour.......never put one person on ignore...think there's a connection there....:D

i find it amusing you request features as if thaivisa were bespoke software.

what rights do you think 40 post per day entitle you to?

and now you self moderate?

oh thats rich.

I am amused that you were amused.

Anyone can make enhancement suggestions. This forum is the place for that. Do you know what forum this thread is in? Just checking. That doesn't mean they should have any expectation that they will be or reasonably can be implemented. Some will, some won't, some can, some can't.

Posting a lot obviously entitles anyone to NADA.

Self moderation? FYI -- anyone who starts a thread does have the right to request their originated thread be closed. If there is a good reason, such as people insisting on going way off topic, it is quite often done.

I have one or two members on ignore - the mods made me do it as part of a plea deal. However, I can see everything that they post except when I'm answering someone else. If I am in the middle of writing something and scroll to check out the post that I am referring to, it will warn me that the troll is on ignore. It does not accomplish much..

I do not understand why anyone would need to write a detailed report on why they are ignoring someone. I just dash down the most vile obscenity that I can think of and that is enough. :blink:

Edited by Ulysses G.