Honda Pcx - Product Recall

Scuddy

Just to let you know that there is a PRODUCT RECALL on all PCX's.

Models concerned - NC125DE-0,000,001. to. NC125DE-0024050

It concerns the battery box/holder.

There has been a problem identified with the water drain holes/tube in the battery box.

The battery box drain tube lies directly over the fuel pump and if battery acid leaks and mixes with water draining through the tube there is a possibility that it will drain out onto the fuel pump and corrode the fuel pipe.

All dealers have been notified and if you haven't received your notification take your PCX to your dealer.

The dealer is under instruction to replace the battery box and while the battery box is removed to test for any battery acid present and check for any corrosion then replace the fuel pump if necessary. Dealers have been supplied with a battery acid test kit with detailed instructions on how to use it.

Edited by Scuddy

Have you got a source for this recall info? My PCX is No 24542, just outside the recall range quoted, but I wonder if all are affected and being recalled in batches.

The original recall was issued 30 September but we received a bulletin from Honda week beginning 03 October and the kits arrived at the end of last week.

I got back into things this week and have only just come across it.

The model number range quoted in the above post is what's stated on the bulletin, there isn't any information contained in it to suggest the recall is being carried out in batches.

A call to AP Honda only confirmed that the bulletin is current and actionable and they are not aware of any other models being affected. They also say that notices started go out to owners of the models affected this week. The notices are being issued by Honda themselves and not the the local dealer.

If you want peace of mind there's no reason why you can't take your bike in to confirm.

It's better to be safe than sorry.

Scuddy

Edited by Scuddy

Have you got a source for this recall info? My PCX is No 24542, just outside the recall range quoted, but I wonder if all are affected and being recalled in batches.

The original recall was issued 30 September but we received a bulletin from Honda week beginning 03 October and the kits arrived at the end of last week.

I got back into things this week and have only just come across it.

The model number range quoted in the above post is what's stated on the bulletin, there isn't any information contained in it to suggest the recall is being carried out in batches.

A call to AP Honda only confirmed that the bulletin is current and actionable and they are not aware of any other models being affected. They also say that notices started go out to owners of the models affected this week. The notices are being issued by Honda themselves and not the the local dealer.

If you want peace of mind there's no reason why you can't take your bike in to confirm.

It's better to be safe than sorry.

Scuddy

Thanks for the advice, I'm due in for an oil change anyway so I'll check it out then.

• 3 weeks later...