Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

gotlost

I have no base of reference except for last year. However, two nights ago the burning smell was powerful just S. of Maejo, and I was surprised to experience the burning odor before February. Visibilities poor, certainly, for a few days now.

Personally, I think that farmers who do this (here in Thailand) should be lined up against a wall by the army or federal police and shod.

Then paid not to burn with free use of tractor in order to plow under the combustibles.

it's pretty normal to see a week or so of crap air around the change of seasons. Usually it's a bit earlier. Everything seems late this year. In the past and according to PCD data the short bad air periods tended to be in late sept and oct.

I think its just air stagnation as the seasons change.

I am just hoping the hot season starts late also so we are not short changed with a abbreviated cool and dry period.

They started burning end of November last year through December.

Getting in extra rice harvests now the price is high?

I simply use my pool filter test and smell to detect the ash but none as yet.If I can smell it usually means the filter is going to go from gray to black!

I noticed same and really hope that it is not a sign that we will have an extreme 'smokey season'.

It can't be from burning rice fields, as most riceis still young and maybe a month away from hharvest.

They have harvested some however and most of the burning I see flying around does appear to be agricultural.

The extreme smoke won't come until they set the forest on fire come Feb.