Motogp 2011

Miiyai46

Following Sunday's season-ending Valencia Grand Prix, yesterday we had the first test session for the 2011 SEASON at the same circuit.

The test saw the debut of Rossi with Ducati, Stoner with a factory Honda, Cal Crutchlow with Tech 3 Yamaha, Spies with the factory Yamaha, De Puniet and Capirossi with Pramac Ducati and Aoyama with the Honda Gresini. Two riders coming from Moto2......the WC Elias riding for LCR Honda and Abraham for Cardion AB Ducati!

Today we will have another test session and If I'm not wrong it should be the last one for this year.

Yesterday best lap time for each rider was:

1. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 32.012s (48 laps)

2. Casey Stoner AUS HRC 1m 32.775s (44)

3. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 32.878s (42)

4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 1m 32.912s (35)

5. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 32.919s (59)

6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1m 33.190s (50)

7. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 33.513s (49)

8. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1m 33.558s (54)

9. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 33.716s (54)

10. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 33.882s (56)

11. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing 1m 33.914s (54)

12. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 33.953s (67)

13. Hector Barbera ESP Paginas Amarillas Aspar 1m 34.110s (76)

14. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 34.314s (59)

15. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing 1m 34.631s (71)

16. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 1m 35.058s (60)

17. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 1m 35.076s (49)

Few pictures with the new (but not final) bikes..........

post-104445-0-46827200-1289360951_thumb.

post-104445-0-69858200-1289360968_thumb.

post-104445-0-91247000-1289360982_thumb.

post-104445-0-39682200-1289361015_thumb.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice photos.

So Fiat will pull out of MotoGP in 2011 ?

Nice to see the no.1 plate on Lorenzo's bike and a British rider also.

Fiat sponsor will expire at the end of this year and they will not extend the sponsorship anymore. Fiat has also lost Rossi as he signed a personal sponsorship with Mercedes AMG, under this new partnership the Marlboro Ducati will also carry the Mercdes AMG logo next year.

In Italy are saying that Fiat sponsor on the Yamaha factory racing could be replaced by "Movistar" or "Air Asia". If Air Asia will really be the sponsor the two main sponsor (Air Asia and Petronas) will be from Malaysia.....but this is just chit-chat and we will need to wait to see what will be the Yamaha livery for next year.

Nice photos.

Fiat sponsor will expire at the end of this year and they will not extend the sponsorship anymore. Fiat has also lost Rossi as he signed a personal sponsorship with Mercedes AMG, under this new partnership the Marlboro Ducati will also carry the Mercdes AMG logo next year.

In Italy are saying that Fiat sponsor on the Yamaha factory racing could be replaced by "Movistar" or "Air Asia". If Air Asia will really be the sponsor the two main sponsor (Air Asia and Petronas) will be from Malaysia.....but this is just chit-chat and we will need to wait to see what will be the Yamaha livery for next year.

Sweet; thanks for the heads up.

Looks like Hayden is not showing that guy Rossi something much about the bike. Not expecting fireworks there with his shoulder.

Lorenzo and Spies are going to be the guys to beat; maybe Stoner too if he can stay upright.

Has the resale of Ducati from HD to the family been finalised? Not to say the HD should sponsor Duke (that sale was a bit of a puzzle in the first place).

Nice photos.

Looks like Hayden is not showing that guy Rossi something much about the bike. Not expecting fireworks there with his shoulder.

Lorenzo and Spies are going to be the guys to beat; maybe Stoner too if he can stay upright.

Has the resale of Ducati from HD to the family been finalised? Not to say the HD should sponsor Duke (that sale was a bit of a puzzle in the first place).

I might be wrong but I believe that Ducati was never bought by HD....in the past there have been some news about a possible merge but at the end nothing happen.

HD did purchase MV Agusta back in 2008 and last summer sold it back to the same man they bought the company from (Claudio Castiglioni).

Going back to the photos.

He is a player Rossi isn't he?

Big "?" in the middle of his helmet........certainly a message that speaks loads on his first ride on the Desmocedici.

I wish I could have a go also.

The 2011 M1 seems to be the tool of choice looking at the test times. I can;t wait till next year but have no choice.

At least the long winter months here in S.E.Asia are warm and I can ride my Street Triple without my hands dropping off, I think I would have to hibernate if I were have to return back to the grim coast of England.

Cheers guys! B)

Nice photos.

I might be wrong but I believe that Ducati was never bought by HD....in the past there have been some news about a possible merge but at the end nothing happen.

HD did purchase MV Agusta back in 2008 and last summer sold it back to the same man they bought the company from (Claudio Castiglioni).

Right on; I think I was mixing Ducati and MV up there for a minute. Last I hear they sold it back for 1 Euro? Not really a clever move by HD to purchase it in the first place.

Soihok, when next Alan Cathcart does a story about MotoGP machines; we should hijack him cause that's the only way we're going to get a ride on one of those unobtaniums.

Speed Tripple is a nice machine; I took a mate's for a ride and the grin factor is huge! dam_n thing wants to wheellie all the time; in fact I got pulled off for it. Told the copper that it was new ride and I was just getting used to it. Goes nice around the track too if you have the balls to lean it in.

Rossi started out on a Desmosedici GP11 fitted with a 'big bang' version of the engine, which he used for virtually the entire day as he worked on geometry and other settings. As the day drew to a close he made one final run on the 'screamer' version.

We worked on the geometry and setting today to see how the bike responded and to get a bit of experience working with both Vale and Jeremy (Burgess). At the end of the session he went out on the screamer version but we will make more of an analysis between the two engines tomorrow because they deliver the power in very different ways - the big bang has a more regular power curve whereas the screamer is more aggressive but also more powerful.

Don't right Jeremy magic off yet lads, Jorge was on something he is use too and anyone can ride a honda.:D

Best lap time for the second and last test session at Valencia.

1. Casey Stoner AUS HRC 1m 32.066s

2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 32.179s

3. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 32.322s

4. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 32.450s

5. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 1m 32.497s

6. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 32.583s

7. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1m 32.738s

8. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing 1m 32.836s

9. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1m 32.942s

10. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 33.105s

11. Hector Barbera ESP Paginas Amarillas Aspar 1m 33.168s

12. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 33.325s

13. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 33.483s

14. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing 1m 33.740s

15. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 33.761s

16. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 1m 33.793s

17. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 1m 34.800s

Nice to see that Stoner and Spies have an immediate good feeling with the bike. I do not know if Rossi is struggling with the bike or if he is really testing the two different engines only.......we will need to wait till the next official MotoGP test that will be at Sepang in February.

Cheers

Are riders allowed to test the 2011 bikes out before the Sepang test?

Nowadays the teams don’t have unlimited testing like in the past so we will have a long break now.

The pre-season testing is two days at Valencia, two three-day tests at Sepang and one night test at Qatar. Jerez and Phillip Island have been rejected by all teams due to the high cost and also because the weather at both places during the tests is too different from the conditions during the race weekends and this make the data gathered not useful.

Cheers

Parts of MCN report like the same thing with Rossi going to Yamaha, lots of doubters but he came out and won the first race.

Bad result, positive test was the vibe around Ducati management who had collected a wealth of data and information from Rossi as he got his first chance to evaluate the GP11 machine this week.

Ducati technical guru Filippo Preziosi told MCN Rossi had been impressed with the level of rear grip, engine performance and traction control.

It will be a decision we will make by analyzing the data in depth as well as planning the way forward around all the other things we learnt at the test.

The objective is clearly to allow Valentino to ride like Valentino we need to change the bike to suit Valentino.

We know we have to improve the bike in order to achieve this, especially the front end.

Valentino has given us some very precise information and now it is down to us to use it.

For in-depth analysis of Rossi’s first Ducati rider, see next Wednesday’s November 17 issue of MCN.

I'll stick my neck out and say now Valentino is going to win the first race of the 2011 season.B)

Of course a lot could happen between now and then, he is going under the knife isn't he, so I concede that he would have been relatively cautious at this weeks test. The implication of what's been posted is that he has been able to diagnose their front end problem and give them a solution. I dont believe it. And I would like to see many more fast laps under his belt before I stuck my neck out. Luckily though we dont lose face here so I'll say he wont podium. I often wondered this year whether their front end problem was really just Stoner tipping it in a bit much, but then Hayden mentioned the front end when he chucked away, I think, although I could barely hear. What would I know anyway.

Rossi yesterday underwent surgery for his damaged shoulder.

The doctors have said that the condition of the shoulder was really critical and Rossi really had to be tough to keep racing with that kind of injury. The intervention went well, without any complications and the rehabilitation will take approx 90 days so he should be fully fit for the next test in Sepang where he will have a lot of work to do!!!

Really look forward to see MCN in-depth analysis of Rossi’s first Ducati ride.

• 3 weeks later...

Little bit of news incase anyones missed it.

Jorge worried ? MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo is expecting new factory Yamaha team-mate Ben Spies to pose a major threat in the 2011 premier class series.

I wonder what this is all about ? Casey Stoner has dismissed concerns that Honda might struggle to give equal support to its quartet of factory riders in 2011.

Stoner will ride with Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso in the factory HRC squad backed by Repsol next season with all three assured of top factory support by senior Japanese management.

You can feel for this guy can’t you ? Bradley Smith escaped unhurt but destroyed a Tech 3 Racing Moto2 machine as he took part in a freezing cold and wet testing double-header in Spain earlier this week.

"I was probably a bit inexperienced with the brakes on the Moto2 bike and with the rain and the cold I went down. I got up but I couldn’t see the bike anywhere and it had flipped the fence and ended on the service road. I buried my head in embarrassment and offered a big apology to the team because I ruined the bike.”

I like to see Loris go to Moto2 ? Poor old Loris Capirossi reckons Suzuki will slip even further behind successful rivals Honda, Yamaha and Ducati by cutting its involvement in MotoGP next season to just one bike.

I couldn't find the report on Rossi Ducati ride what happened ?

Regards K

• 2 weeks later...

Ratthapark Wilairot in intensive care after bad bike crash in Chonburi

Hi Kartman, do you have any update on this news?

cheers

Sunday, 12 December 2010 10:54

After the accident suffered nearly a week ago in ChonBuri, his hometown, Ratthapark Wilairot recovers apace at the Bumrungrat Hospital of Bangkok where he is being treated by the Dr.Motril.

According to the doctor, the last scanner made yesterday reflects a 40% reduction of blood clot in his head.

The young Moto2 rider could also make his first steps yesterday accompanied by two nurses, doing it by his own today.

It is also good to know that within two days Feem will leave the ICU and although ihe keeps remembering nothing what happened the doctors say it is totally normal.

At this rate Wilairot will be fully recovered from this serious accident at mid-January, which will place it with a good margin to prepare the 2011 Moto2 season.

From the Team we want to encourage him and his family.

You can read much more here.

http://thaihondapttsinghasag.com/en/news.html

Edited by Kwasaki

• 4 weeks later...

Impressive Ducati MotoGP 2011 team presentation in Madonna di Campiglio (Italy).

V.Rossi is still complaining about the shoulder injury and should not be fully fit for the Sepang on February 1st.....

cheers and since this is my first post in 2011, I wish all of you guys a happy 2011!!!

post-104445-0-98937600-1295238422_thumb.

post-104445-0-26387700-1295238438_thumb.

The Ducati presentation I read in report on Motorcycle news internet site.

Some of the posted comment on there become quite abusive not like the guys here.

I am looking forward to the February test at Sepang.

After watching all the races last year on CD back to back, looks like there is going to be a lot of close racing in 2011.

I see eight top riders battling it out but Dani & Andrea need to get a few lessons from ( take no prisoners ) Simoncelli.:lol:

Have a good new year too Miiyai46 and the rest of the guys on here.

Ride to live. Regards K

Edited by Kwasaki

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings sports fans, back for another year, hope everyone stayed safe.

Speaking of that I saw Rattapark Wilairot (Feem) on Truevision on Friday night. It was in Thai but the gist of it seemed to be that he is mostly recovered now from the accident in which I believe he was the pillion. they showed footage of him riding an elephantine Honda around what could have been a defensive driving track or a car park, anyway a tight little track. They showed other footage of him getting his physio, it looked like a longtitudinal fracture in his lower leg. At one stage he appeared to be in discomfort similar to the expression you would make if you were under bright lights and had a headache, but overall they were trying to sound positive. He had a minder from Honda who did most of the talking. I just read that it was coming back from his father's funeral, he was a racer too I think.

Anyway wish him the best but you wouldn't bet on him being fully fit yet

Edited by Bluetongue

Happy New Year to the MotoGP forum.

The Sepang test takes place in the next few days and should give us all an indication of the riders to watch out for.

I,m off to Malaysia next week, but to Penang not Sepang, its a bit too much of a detour.....would be interesting though. Providing there is access to the track?

Cheers!

Our fix of petrol fuelled mental meyhem is not far away now.......can't wait! :)

Testing on going at Sepang.

The Repsol Honda Team is impressive ain't it? Casey in Doohan colours. Hats off to Honda.

You can just see Dani and Casy at the front of every round to come, the surprise is Bens Pies, I wonder which sponsor will come to the aid of Yamaha.....Petronas? Movistar?

The Ducati contingient is a bit of a dissapointment, reading Rossi's report of the testing sounds like they have a mountain of issues with the bike and ,he and his crew, will not concenrate on lap times due to his still recovering shoulder. I am afraid that we won't see much of the Doctor at the front of races this year.To begin with at least. The other Ducati riders are also well down.

Nice to see the likes of Simoncelli, Aoyama (terrible year for him last year) and lone Suzuki rider Bautista putting in good times.

Any news of Ratthapark's condition?

• 2 weeks later...

Valentino said to discount his times by about 6/10 due to his still recovering injury, even so that puts him about half a second from Simoncelli. Dani, Jorge and Casey were all counting the difference in thousandths so I think Valentino is definitely struggling. Maybe it'll just be a slightly different Fab4 or Sensational 6 if you count Dovi and Mushy as well. Anyway Casey, Dani or Jorge are the repeat members so I think the winner will come from those 3.

No further news on Feem that I can find on the web perhaps Kwasaki has more.

SBK starts in a couple of weeks, Troy Corser is banged up after a crash at the hayshed? on Phillip Island

Some news on our only Thai rider amongst the elite of the elite.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/166599/1/moto2_wilairot_given_green_light_to_compete_in_2011.html

I hope he has some good luck as the end of the last year was probably the worst it can get.

Good on yer buddy.......go for it!!!

The last race I went to was in Sepang 2009, the Thai suuport was huge and there were Thai flags waving high.

Ratthapark Wilairot has a huge following it says but a lot of Thai guys still run around with bicycle size tyres on their scooters and moped's.:blink::lol:

Hope he does well anyhow.

Looking forward to 2011 Qatar, they all look so close but here's someone being still a bit wary.

Quote :- Valentino Rossi’s position of 11th overall on the timesheet was deceptive said Pedrosa, who added: “The great unknown quantity will perhaps be Rossi. It’s his first year with Ducati and in Malaysia he wasn’t amongst the fastest riders. But Rossi is Rossi, and you can never rely on anything. Even when he’s in last place on the Saturday he still has the capacity to surprise.” :ph34r:

Brings to mind a few memories for me, many have won from the start like VR out front or being in the top three or so, as many do or can if they stay upright.

What other former MotoGP champions have started from back of the grid, pulled in for a 10 sec penalty and still win.

I somehow feel Jorge is going to pull some good racing out the bag this year.

I have ridden my brother in laws Honda Wave and he has the skinny, bicylce type wheels fitted.

At first I thought I had damaged the wheels as the tyres felt flat, then I realised they weren,t. It's just me ....I,m fat.

Not many 90kg Thai guys on these wheels.

I can't wait for the opening round of the year also mate.

I,m in holiday mode at the moment, tomorrow me and the family are off back to Korat for a week.....last holiday this year.

:)