Help. I'M Lost And I'M Green

Suradit

Suggest you give this post a title more appropriate to finding the parrot a home. I sympathize with that.

Curiosity perhaps? :whistling: I hope Suradit is successful in his quest to find a home for Polly.

Edited by Rimmer
Quoterd reply from edited post

Suggest you give this post a title more appropriate to finding the parrot a home. I sympathize with that.

I chose the title in the hopes of getting more people to open the post. My objective was and is to find this bird a home, either with its former owner or with someone else who wants it.

Had I titled it: Lost & Found Parrot, it would probably have been ignored by most people, including you.

I'm terribly sorry if you wasted 1 minute of your life opening the message

Edited by Rimmer
Quoted reply from edited post

Being this is a forum for expats who use computers, and the area you mentioned is more populated by Thais who don't use computers. I would the chances of you finding the owner through this forum would be slim to none.

You would stand a better chance of finding the owner by printing and putting up found posters in your area in both Thai and English.

Being this is a forum for expats who use computers, and the area you mentioned is more populated by Thais who don't use computers. I would the chances of you finding the owner through this forum would be slim to none.

You would stand a better chance of finding the owner by printing and putting up found posters in your area in both Thai and English.

I know expats that owns parrots, looking at the picture it is not his though.

Good initiative to post here!

Well, things worked out well. I gave the bird to a Thai friend and asked that he find a dealer or whoever who would take a free parrot & cage, etc. To his credit he said he found several places quite willing to take the bird, but he didn't like the way their other birds were being kept, so he took him/her to his own home.

As it turns out he is moving into his own house next week and will have a good deal more space to accommodate the bird than I do in my condo. I said I would finance a larger, more impressive cage as well as footing the bill for seed, which he can supplement with fruit & veg. I also get visitation rights.

Given the bird's colour and the circumstances, he/she will be named "Christmas," which will probably evolve into "Crispneth."

Of course, if the actual owner ever presents himself the bird can be returned, but some Thais in the area said they knew of a farang who had the bird or one quite similar and essentially he dumped it after the intial thrill of owning an exotic pet wore off (not exactly how they phrased it, but pretty much the gist of what they said).

Sorry that what I assumed to be a fairly innocuous post caused some heated responses, including my response to one. I guess some people become edgy during the festive season.

Edited by Suradit

"Christmas" has been settled into new digs, which include a secluded penthouse enclosure to which he retires each night... and no s/he is not left in the garden to fend for himself against the neighborhood cats. There was some work being done on the people-house when I took the photos, so s/he was temporarily shifted to get him/her out of harm's way.

post-109025-0-32080500-1293079551_thumb.

post-109025-0-17532100-1293079580_thumb.

"Christmas" has been settled into new digs, which include a secluded penthouse enclosure to which he retires each night... and no s/he is not left in the garden to fend for himself against the neighborhood cats. There was some work being done on the people-house when I took the photos, so s/he was temporarily shifted to get him/her out of harm's way.

What a nice ending for Christmas, Well done Suradit. And a happy festive season to you both.