Quad Bikes / Atvs

sam666

I agree that when you input atv thailand in google or others, you get no results. Matter of fact, these suppliers don t care about webhosting and their pages are in the universum , let alone in the world wide wonders !

There is actually a VERY good supplier located in Ayutthaya !

If you look around you can buy cheap chinese made ATV from 45,000 upwards . . I don t think they will ast too long. If you spend 100 K you still get a chinese made, simple

brakes and cheap tranny. I would aim for better, the Japan imports will suit your needs, a bit costly but they are all out-performed !

Remember you cannot legally drive them on public roads . . no chance in getting a green book ! However, I guess a decorative plate plus the right amount of dough will inspire a certain breed to give you a temporary pleasure . ..

It is not allowed to post weblinks on TV . .yet here the ( please forgive me, admins !! ) result of my THREE MONTH Search - thaiatvsales

or if you take an adventure down to market villiage you will find a display of them there on the bottom floor !

Whoops I probbly go there everyday ;) however I always drive aound the back and enter by tesco :whistling:

How illegal actually are they? their even legal in london so seems kinda silly.

if you look in siammotor.com the go to Suzuki there are 5 there, different models and prices..

thailandmoto.com supplies ATV's but website is all in Thai have 8 models...

http://www.siammotor.com/siammotornew/detailcar.php?transnum=19170, interesting lol Edited by sam666

or if you take an adventure down to market villiage you will find a display of them there on the bottom floor !

Whoops I probbly go there everyday ;) however I always drive aound the back and enter by tesco :whistling:

if you look in siammotor.com the go to Suzuki there are 5 there, different models and prices..

http://www.siammotor...?transnum=19170, interesting lol

ATVs have really taken off in the past 12 months...in Cha am there must be almost 100 on the beach for rent...there are a few places on the Petchkasem Road that are selling them from 37,000 upwards....two places just befor the slip road for Cha am and then one between Cha am and Hua Hin.....although these are the Thai/Chineeese built ones......and you cant get them registered so although you can run around the back and beach roads in Cha am, not sure where you would be able to go in Hua Hin befor you get fined or even the quad confiscated.

Sorry to let you know ATV/Quads are not, and can not be, road legal in Thailand.

If you see an ATV with "legal" reg plate, its fake/from another vehicle

Can be used off road and on private roads. If you have an accident on public road, you will automaticly be in fault, and pay for all damages claimed.

As long as you pay, liablility for death and disablilty limited to 10 million baht, damages no limit, you will probably not be inprisoned

ATV on public roads can be impounded, and you will never get it back

http://www.siammotor...?transnum=19170, interesting lol

Can't see any English on that siammotor site. Can't figure out how to view the Suzuki quads. Any advice. I would really like to see the Suzukis.

This is what I was worried about when I asked "how illegal" they are, I don't mind the odd fine and letting the odd policeman have a go. But if they are legallly taking them from youi, that sucks, any idea how much it would cost to get it back if it was confiscated? Suppose a thai would get a slap on the wrist but being a farang you would get bent over and shafted.

Kind of retarded considering thais drive the most dangerious and uncerified heaps ever, I've seen stuff that isn't a bike or a car and is about as safe as a volcano. Yet you can't drive a 200k subaru road atv with more stopping power then a thai HGV on the road.

Edited by sam666

MIB in Hua Hin are confiscating ATV's and unless you are connected or know someone who is then it is going to cost you to get back.

How many have they confiscated already and where were the riders caught, what price is the return fee?

MIB in Hua Hin are confiscating ATV's and unless you are connected or know someone who is then it is going to cost you to get back.

How many have they confiscated already and where were the riders caught, what price is the return fee?

There is no return fee, but on occasions they can be convinced to forget the impound, usually at 20k baht.

Impounded illegal vehicles as ATV are sold on auctions after 6 months, and income goes to state

The last one I know of was along the klong road near Palm Hills, my wife managed to rescue it for I think around 10,000.

The last one I know of was along the klong road near Palm Hills, my wife managed to rescue it for I think around 10,000.

Ouch, I'll forget ATVs then ..... what does your wife ddo if you don't mind me asking?