Your Opinions About Acer Travelmate 3212nwxci

sas_cars

I m thinking to buy this notebook,currently it's priced 39,900.Specifications are good,as follows

Intel® Centrino™ Mobile Technology

Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 (1.73GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 533MHz FSB)

Intel® 915PM Express Chipset

Integrated Intel® Pro/Wireless 2200BG

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 up to 128 Mb.

512MB DDR2-533 (Max 2GB)

60GB HDD , Weight 2.38kg.

DVD/CD-RW Combo, 5-in-1 card reader

56K Fax/Modem, 10/100Mbps LAN

14.1" WXGA TFT LCD(1024x768 pixel)/ S-Video Out

Li-Ion Battery (Avg. 4 hrs. battery life)

IEEE 1394 port, Infrared port

Acer SignalUp wireless technology support Linpus Linux BE

1 year warranty (International)

1 year insurance

I m thinking to buy this notebook,currently it's priced 39,900.Specifications are good,as follows

I bought the same model this week after a lot of research on the web and asking many friends who owned and seemed to know a lot about laptop computers. It is a well-equipped laptop and the price is reasonable for what it offers. The only thing that was on my wish list that it didn't have was a dvd writer but I will continue using my desktop and will add one there.

I just hooked up the router today. Actually, had True hook it up because I read of so many problems with people trying to do it themselves. I am not a techie and paid about Baht 4900 for a True router which included a tech coming to my house and setting it up and adding a LAN card (500 baht) to my desktop because it didn't have one. The router cost is about 1000 baht less at IT Data vs True. I think the extra cost was worth it as the people at IT Data explained the setup required and they were wrong (I no longer need an ADSL modem).

IT Data gave me a couple of extras: optical mouse, a laptop briefcase and a laptop backpack, 500 baht refund on any store accessory ( I bought some ink for my printer) and a few other promotions for internet time. They will probably have some kind of promotion every month as this is a new laptop and they are not the only store selling it. Baht 39,900 is the only price I saw it being sold at Fortune Mall in Bangkok.

The technician that installed everything said that several of his friends had bought the same model and he is keeping it in mind because he sees it as a good value. That was encouraging!! :o

Hope this helps you in your decision.

As a bottom of the line it doesn't have Bluetooth even if there's a LED indicator built in, BT comes in more expensive models in the series.

I bought it two weeks ago and it works fine, get a bit hot comparing to IBM we have but it surely is a bang for the money. Don't forget that 39900 is the price before VAT. With VAT it goes to 42+. In a shop where I bought it I got ADSL modem, plus the usual bag+mouse set.

I bought Bluetooth dongle for 1800 B two years ago, and that was an expansive one, now it simply collects dust. The thing is very small and doesn't add any weight or need any extra space.

I bought the same model this week after a lot of research on the web and asking many friends who owned and seemed to know a lot about laptop computers. It is a well-equipped laptop and the price is reasonable for what it offers. The only thing that was on my wish list that it didn't have was a dvd writer but I will continue using my desktop and will add one there.

I just hooked up the router today. Actually, had True hook it up because I read of so many problems with people trying to do it themselves. I am not a techie and paid about Baht 4900 for a True router which included a tech coming to my house and setting it up and adding a LAN card (500 baht) to my desktop because it didn't have one. The router cost is about 1000 baht less at IT Data vs True. I think the extra cost was worth it as the people at IT Data explained the setup required and they were wrong (I no longer need an ADSL modem).

IT Data gave me a couple of extras: optical mouse, a laptop briefcase and a laptop backpack, 500 baht refund on any store accessory ( I bought some ink for my printer) and a few other promotions for internet time. They will probably have some kind of promotion every month as this is a new laptop and they are not the only store selling it. Baht 39,900 is the only price I saw it being sold at Fortune Mall in Bangkok.

The technician that installed everything said that several of his friends had bought the same model and he is keeping it in mind because he sees it as a good value. That was encouraging!! :D

Hope this helps you in your decision.

I would have done it for half that much :o:D :D I could have bought a beer sniff sniff ...