Potential New Broadband Service?

Maestro

I quote from an article in The Nation on 10 SEP 2005.

People in Thailand may soon enjoy faster broadband if a Thai-Australian venture to provide a service through the Provincial Electricity Authority’s power lines proves successful.

The next stage could also involve the lease of fibre-optic lines from the Metropolitan Electricity Authority to provide the service to Bangkok and its environs.

UNQUOTE

Source: The Nation

This is the first time I hear about electricity being delivered through fibre-optic cables.

I quote from an article in The Nation on 10 SEP 2005.

People in Thailand may soon enjoy faster broadband if a Thai-Australian venture to provide a service through the Provincial Electricity Authority’s power lines proves successful.

The next stage could also involve the lease of fibre-optic lines from the Metropolitan Electricity Authority to provide the service to Bangkok and its environs.

UNQUOTE

Source: The Nation

This is the first time I hear about electricity being delivered through fibre-optic cables.

I think they are going to run FTTH (fiber to the home) by hanging new fiber above ground on exisitng poles co-existing with the legacy copper and power, rather than trying to bury it underground? This is what Verizon (FiOS) has done in my old neighborhood in the U.S.